Closing Time!!

Does this mean that your resale points won't be added until after you close on the direct one? We're in a similar boat--we closed on a resale contract last week and at the same time bought direct as a new member. We're also spreading out payments for the direct on Disney visa so we're not expecting to close on that one until December. We had our broker send our new membership number (which we got immediately from the direct contract) to DVC with our resale paperwork.
That’s what MA told me.

”We received the transfer documents for your resale, but they are currently on hold until your direct purchase contracts close. If we try to transfer them now, the system will issue a new Member Number.
I am showing your direct purchase contracts should be closing within the next week. As soon as they close, we will complete the resale transfer and email a confirmation once it's processed.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Member Administration”

We were 7 months out (exactly - not a coincidence) so the home resort rule wouldn’t be broken. The other resorts had cash rooms available (checked right before the call) and the preferred studio at RIV was available on the reservation portal so they effectively had no pixie dust to share.
Does this mean that your resale points won't be added until after you close on the direct one? We're in a similar boat--we closed on a resale contract last week and at the same time bought direct as a new member. We're also spreading out payments for the direct on Disney visa so we're not expecting to close on that one until December. We had our broker send our new membership number (which we got immediately from the direct contract) to DVC with our resale paperwork.
I did the same thing when I joined. I put an offer in for a resale contract and once it passed ROFR but before I had a membership number, I bought points direct for the blue card (I was buying a sold out resort so it didn't matter for me to be an existing member). I divided up payments for the direct contract over 60 days, so my resale contract actually closed first (and I provided my new membership number to my title company and broker for closing). There was no issue adding my resale contract and points to my contract, and then my direct contract closed 8 days after my resale contract closed.

That’s what MA told me.

”We received the transfer documents for your resale, but they are currently on hold until your direct purchase contracts close. If we try to transfer them now, the system will issue a new Member Number.
I am showing your direct purchase contracts should be closing within the next week. As soon as they close, we will complete the resale transfer and email a confirmation once it's processed.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Member Administration”
Huh. That's different, then.

Home: Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) -- Small Resale Contract #2
Broker: FidelityResales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 9/5/2020
Offer accepted: 9/6/2020
Offer contract received and sent in with deposit: 09/11/2020
Seller returned offer contract: 09/14/2020
Sent to ROFR: 09/14/2020 (9 days)
Passed ROFR: 10/21/2020 (37 days)
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 46 days and counting...
offer to ROFR: 46 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 0 days and counting...
Closing to Points in Account:

Here is my experience so far, as I’ve done numerous mostly small contracts:

Closed Contracts (offer to points in account):

BRV Resale - 43 days - www.FidelityResales.com / Mason
AKL Resale #1 - 49 days - www.DVCbyResale.com / Mason
AKL Resale #2 - 40 days - www.DVCStore.com / Mason
AKL Resale #3 - 80 days - www.DVCResaleMarket.com / Magic Vacation Title (start of Covid, Feb-May)
CCV Resale #1 - 91 days - www.FidelityResales.com / Mason (Covid, end-May to end-August)
SSR Resale #1 - 120 days - www.*************.com / TRCS (Covid, May to September)
CCV Resale #2 - 86 days - www.*************.com / TRCS (Covid, July to October)
CCV Small Resale #3 - 87 days - www.FidelityResales.com / Mason (Covid, July to October)

In progress:
SSR Small Resale #2 - www.FidelityResales.com / Mason - 46 days so far, waiting for closing (offer made 9/5, sent to ROFR 9/14, passed ROFR 10/21)
HHI Small Resale - www.*******.com / Hayes Title - 34 days so far, waiting for ROFR (offer made 9/17, sent to ROFR 9/21)
VGC Small Resale #1 & #2 - www.FidelityResales.com / First American - 31 total days so far, waiting for ROFR (offer made 9/20, sent to ROFR 9/25)

Last edited:

Home: Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) -- Small Resale Contract #2
Broker: FidelityResales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 9/5/2020
Offer contract received and sent in with deposit: 09/11/2020
Seller returned offer contract: 09/14/2020
Sent to ROFR: 09/14/2020
Passed ROFR: 10/21/2020 (47 days)
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 47 days and counting...
offer to ROFR: 47 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 0 days and counting...
Closing to Points in Account:

Here is my experience so far, as I’ve done numerous mostly small contracts:

Closed Contracts (offer to points in account):

BRV Resale - 43 days - www.FidelityResales.com / Mason
AKL Resale #1 - 49 days - www.DVCbyResale.com / Mason
AKL Resale #2 - 40 days - www.DVCStore.com / Mason
AKL Resale #3 - 80 days - www.DVCResaleMarket.com / Magic Vacation Title (start of Covid, Feb-May)
CCV Resale #1 - 91 days - www.FidelityResales.com / Mason (Covid, end-May to end-August)
SSR Resale #1 - 120 days - www.*************.com / TRCS (Covid, May to September)
CCV Resale #2 - 86 days - www.*************.com / TRCS (Covid, July to October)
CCV Small Resale #3 - 87 days - www.FidelityResales.com / Mason (Covid, July to October)

In progress:
SSR Small Resale #2 - www.FidelityResales.com / Mason - 47 days so far, waiting for closing (offer made 9/5, sent to ROFR 9/14, passed ROFR 10/21)
HHI Small Resale - www.*******.com / Hayes Title - 35 days so far, waiting for ROFR (offer made 9/17, sent to ROFR 9/21)
VGC Small Resale #1 & #2 - www.FidelityResales.com / First American - 33 total days so far, waiting for ROFR (offer made 9/20, sent to ROFR 9/25)
WTG - Lorana !! Were you surprised to hear that, today ?
Now you're getting my expectations up again - my ROFR was sent 9/16 :thumbsup2

Just an update and will update again once I receive membership info and points.

Home: Vero Beach
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 8/14/2020
Offer accepted: 8/21/2020 (7 days)
Sent to ROFR: 8/26/2020 (5 days)
Passed ROFR: 9/24/2020 (31 days)
Closing docs received: 10/8/2020 (14 days)
Closing docs returned: 10/8/2020 (via docusign)
Sellers closing docs returned: 10/20/2020 (wire sent 10/21/2020)
Closing: 10/21/2020
Deed recorded: 10/21/2020
Points in account:

Finally in the home stretch! :bored:

Almost done on my last two contracts this year... They both loaded onto my membership 13 days after the deed was recorded! Better than my BCV last month which loaded at 3+ weeks I think.

Can I ask you a quick question? If you have an existing membership, do they still send you an email? I have different resorts and use years, and I don’t know what to expect.

Can I ask you a quick question? If you have an existing membership, do they still send you an email? I have different resorts and use years, and I don’t know what to expect.

Yes, you get a Welcome Home email saying the contract has been added.

If you have a different UY to the one you have purchased, its a new membership being set up. Otherwise if its the same UY its added to your existing account and will show on dashboard.

In the past I never received any emails for whatever reason...🤔 But this past summer I’ve received three emails for each of the three contracts I added! Seems pretty consistent currently! 😅

ETA: One was an add-on to a resort I already own, and two were new home resorts. ☺️

In the past I never received any emails for whatever reason...🤔 But this past summer I’ve received three emails for each of the three contracts I added! Seems pretty consistent currently! 😅

ETA: One was an add-on to a resort I already own, and two were new home resorts. ☺
The same thing happened to me! Last contract there was just silence until I found it on my dashboard... but this year, I received the email right before it showed up online! (Both were new resorts/UYs)

ETA: I do mean RIGHT before! As in, I was literally logged into DVC (where nothing was new)... saw that I received an email, switched over to read my email... came back and, voila! New contract loaded!! 🤩🥳

ETA: One was an add-on to a resort I already own, and two were new home resorts. ☺

Yep, one per re-sale contract which gets added.

Although you don't get an email saying the points are added! Thats just checking every 5 mins

Update on the update!

Home: PVB
Broker: dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 8/26/2020
Offer accepted: 8/26/2020
Sent to ROFR: 8/28/2020 (2 days)
Passed ROFR: 9/29/2020 (32 days)
Closing docs received: 10/8/2020 (9 days)
Closing docs returned: 10/12/2020 (4 days)
Title Company in receipt of funds: 10/19/2020 (7 days)
Sellers closing docs returned: sometime between 10/8 and 10/13/2020
Closing: 10/21/2020 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 10/22/2020 (1 day)
Points in account:

Total time from offer to deed recorded: 57 days
exactly 8 weeks from offer to closing...not bad, considering the circumstances

We closed yesterday as promised by the title agent when she confirmed receipt of our check on Monday. As I explained in my last post, closing would have been even earlier, had we not received closing documents just prior to a holiday weekend, and had we elected wire transfer or different delivery service than USPS Priority Mail for our cashier's check.

We are offically members even though Disney hasn't acknowledged us yet. So excited!!

Let's see how long the next steps take!

Last edited:
Offer made: 07/27/2020
Offer accepted: 07/28/2020
Sent to ROFR: 08/07/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/09/2020
Closing docs received: 09/21/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/23/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: 09/23/2020
Closing: 10/01/2020
Deed Recorded: 10/03/2020
Contract showing on Membership: 10/17/2020
Points in account: 10/20/2020

86 TOTAL Days.

Last edited:
Home: Animal Kingdom
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 9/6/2020
Sent to ROFR: 9/8/2020
Passed ROFR: 10/22/2020
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Offer made: 07/27/2020
Offer accepted: 07/28/2020
Sent to ROFR: 08/07/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/09/2020
Closing docs received: 09/21/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/23/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: 09/23/2020
Closing: 10/01/2020
Deed Recorded: 10/03/2020
Contract showing on Membership: 10/17/2020
Points in account: 10/20/2020

86 TOTAL Days.

Wow! 14 days from deed recorded to showing on membership and 3 days from showing on membership to having points is the fastest I think I have seen!

CONGRATS!!!

Finally done! Also I can’t believe how quickly our points were loaded. I didn’t even call, it just happened on its own.
Home: SSR
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 08/03/2020
Offer accepted: 08/03/2020
Sent to ROFR: 08/04/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/11/2020
Closing docs received: 10/02/2020
Closing docs returned: 10/03/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 10/05/2020
Closing: 10/07/2020
Deed recorded: 10/07/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 10/19/2020
Points in account: 10/22/2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter