Broker: DVCSales
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 8/9/2020
Offer accepted: 8/9/2020
Sent to ROFR: 8/10/2020
Passed ROFR: 9/22/2020 (43 days, uhg!)
Closing docs received: 9/25/2020
Closing docs returned:9/28/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: around 11/1 (closer asked for delays closing and wouldnt return paperwork until then)
Closing: 11/9/2020
Deed recorded: 11/10/20 (92 days from offer)
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home: BLT
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title and Escrow Company
Offer made: 9/6/2020
Offer accepted: 9/7/2020
Sent to ROFR: 9/8/2020
Passed ROFR: 10/19/2020
Closing docs received: 10/22/2020
Closing docs returned: 10/23/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: 10/28/20
Closing: 11/03/20
Deed Recorded: 11/03/20
Contract showing on Membership: 11/14/20
Points in account: 11/20/20

We're all done :flower1:pixiedust:pixiedust::cheer2::cool1:
75 days in total!!!!
And did we just book our holiday in August - yes, yes we absolutely did lol. Come on vaccine 🤞🤞🤞

Congratulations! I'm a little jealous, you leap-frogged over us! We closed October 21 and our account was set up 11/10. :confused3 Did you call to ask for your points to be loaded?

Congratulations! I'm a little jealous, you leap-frogged over us! We closed October 21 and our account was set up 11/10. :confused3 Did you call to ask for your points to be loaded?

Yes. We have an April Use Year and so the banking deadline is very close. I explained that what with thanksgiving next week I was really worried we'd miss our banking deadline. I also mentioned we needed to book a new vacation using our new home resort. We needed to get in there before the 7 month window opened up.
I just went thru to member services and they got hold of the team who do the points and they did it for us. Hth.

I finally decided to move my info to this thread. First time buyer :wave2:

Note: International Seller!

Home: Saratoga Springs
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 8/22/2020
Offer accepted: 8/22/2020
Sent to ROFR: 8/27/2020
Passed ROFR: 9/24/2020
Closing docs received: 10/6/2020
Closing docs returned: 10/7/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 10/20/2020
Closing: 10/20/2020
Deed recorded: 10/21/2020
Membership created with contract: ?
Points in account: ?

I’m so close! Can’t wait to receive my membership info and points so I can book my first trip!

It has been a month since I closed and still no welcome email! I’ve called Disney multiple times and sent emails and no one is able to tell me what’s going on. Apparently they don’t see my name in the system and the contract is still appearing under the sellers name. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Anyone have any suggestions?

It has been a month since I closed and still no welcome email! I’ve called Disney multiple times and sent emails and no one is able to tell me what’s going on. Apparently they don’t see my name in the system and the contract is still appearing under the sellers name. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Anyone have any suggestions?

Took 5 weeks for my contract so show this summer. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to speed it up other than continuing to email MA. MS has no ability to transfer the contract from the previous owner.

So sorry.

I’m in a similar boat. We’re just over 3 weeks. Member administration isn’t replying to emails. Member services just apologizes and notes member admin has to do it. I was even at the parks this week and asked a handful of kiosk workers if they know someone in member administration who can just give me my member number already. I need to start looking for some emails of higher ups maybe? I waited 76 days for ROFR...and now they’re just ignoring again.

I’m a dues paying member though now and the clock is ticking. It’s pretty unfair that they just let new members sit there and wait while they load contracts for existing members.

management needs to reallocate some of their employees then to make up for short falls in other departments.

I’m in a similar boat. We’re just over 3 weeks. Member administration isn’t replying to emails. Member services just apologizes and notes member admin has to do it. I was even at the parks this week and asked a handful of kiosk workers if they know someone in member administration who can just give me my member number already. I need to start looking for some emails of higher ups maybe? I waited 76 days for ROFR...and now they’re just ignoring again.

I’m a dues paying member though now and the clock is ticking. It’s pretty unfair that they just let new members sit there and wait while they load contracts for existing members.

management needs to reallocate some of their employees then to make up for short falls in other departments.
I agree with you. I had this same situation months ago, except I am an existing member, where a contract took forever from Disney to get through - appear on my account and then to get the points - such that I lost 100 points. The worst part is Disney loaded them 3 days before they expired. I called as soon as the points were in my account to see if I could bank them into RCI, was told no, I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told that MA supervisor would call me back. I called the next day and the day after, and finally got a callback on the day of expiration, where the supervisor essentially said "well, if you had called 2 days ago, we could have put them into RCI for you by making a fake reservation then canceling and banking the points in RCI, but now it's too late. Sorry." Despite me pointing out that I *had* called them, she was just "sorry, there's nothing I can do now." I confess I was definitely not feeling the Disney magic in that call, because no effort was made to make the situation right. Especially as the reason I was in that situation was because of how long it took Disney to process. If I had been given access to my points on the day I was legally the owner of them -- more than 45 days before they expired -- I would not have been in that situation.

I love Disney, don't get me wrong, but I really do find it unacceptable that owners become responsible for their properties but have to wait 45 to 90 days after gaining ownership to access their points/ownership. That doesn't feel legal. Timeshare is considered real estate. Could you imagine closing on a house and then being told you couldn't access it for 1-3 months?

I love Disney, don't get me wrong, but I really do find it unacceptable that owners become responsible for their properties but have to wait 45 to 90 days after gaining ownership to access their points/ownership. That doesn't feel legal. Timeshare is considered real estate. Could you imagine closing on a house and then being told you couldn't access it for 1-3 months?
Is MA funded by DVC? Or just MS or neither? I just don't get why there is any furlough / reduction in services if they are fully funded through us. Sales I could get but (once they have our money) things that are service oriented being impacted seems strange.

Last edited:
Is MA funded by DVC? Or just MS or neither? I just don't get why there is any furlough / reduction in services if they are fully funded through us. Sales I could get but (once they have our money) things that are service oriented being impacted seems strange.

Someone else answered this that I think it’s primarily funded by our maintenance fees and a small portion by Disney. One member service rep I spoke to said the member admin department is working from home so it’s taking a bit longer.

I was told member admin only works M-F 9-5.

Monday morning I am going to look to get this higher - in front of management somehow. This isn’t acceptable. I’ll even pay a $100 processing fee or something here - they just need to get moving or give me a timeline of what their plan is. Not answering phone calls or emails doesn’t cut it.

Someone else answered this that I think it’s primarily funded by our maintenance fees and a small portion by Disney. One member service rep I spoke to said the member admin department is working from home so it’s taking a bit longer.

I was told member admin only works M-F 9-5.

Monday morning I am going to look to get this higher - in front of management somehow. This isn’t acceptable. I’ll even pay a $100 processing fee or something here - they just need to get moving or give me a timeline of what their plan is. Not answering phone calls or emails doesn’t cut it.

From what I was told the bulk of MA is covered by DVD, and not DVC as they are the department that works on completing the sales of contracts...which is DVD.

Again, we have no say in personnel decisions for CMs who are employed by Disney...which many CMs are...including some from MS.

Home: Beach Club Villas
Broker: www.DVCstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title and Escrow Co
Offer made: 9/16/2020
Offer accepted: 9/17/2020
Sent to ROFR: 9/20/2020 (3 days)
Passed ROFR: 10/29/2020 (39 days)
Closing docs received: 11/13/2020 (15 days)
Closing docs returned: 11/17/2020 r'cvd 11/20/20
Seller returned closing docs: 🤷‍♀️
Closing: 11/24/20
Deed recorded: 11/25/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 12/4/20 (9 days)
Points in account: 12/16/20 (12 days)

Last edited:
Took 5 weeks for my contract so show this summer. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to speed it up other than continuing to email MA. MS has no ability to transfer the contract from the previous owner.

So sorry.

MA finally responded to my email and said they still haven’t received the transfer documents from the closing company!! I thought the documents were sent automatically after closing but I guess not :sad2:

MA finally responded to my email and said they still haven’t received the transfer documents from the closing company!! I thought the documents were sent automatically after closing but I guess not :sad2:
They usually are, and I believe it's electronic, too. But even if not, that seems weird to me. I'd reach out to your broker and title company, but I'm betting it has more to do with MA being behind.

I got an email from member administration late last night that their current lead time to setup a new account is 3-4 weeks.
If your title company sent the docs and administration lost them, maybe they can expedite.

Home: Boardwalk Villas (BWV)
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American Title Insurance Company (FATC)
Offer made: 8/27/2020
Offer accepted: 8/27/2020
Sent to ROFR: 9/2/2020 (6 days)
Passed ROFR: 9/30/2020 (28 days)
Closing docs received: 10/19/2020 (19 days)
Closing docs returned: 10/19/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 10/22/2020 (3 days)
Closing: 10/22/2020
Deed recorded: 10/23/2020 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership: 11/11/2020 (19 days)
Points in account:11/20/2020 (9 days)
Total Days from offer to points - 85 Days

Home: Animal Kingdom
Broker: DVCSales
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 8/9/2020
Offer accepted: 8/9/2020
Sent to ROFR: 8/10/2020
Passed ROFR: 9/22/2020 (43 days, uhg!)
Closing docs received: 9/25/2020
Closing docs returned:9/28/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: around 11/1 (closer asked for delays closing and wouldnt return paperwork until then)
Closing: 11/9/2020
Deed recorded: 11/10/20 (92 days from offer)
Contract Showing on Membership: 11/23/2020 (13 days)
Points in account:

My 7 month to trip hits Dec 6th, I really hope I get my points before then!!!

Question for the well versed DVC’ers
My in-law’s Situation:
Currently both married owners of one contract. Purchasing another contract at same resort, different UY, with only one of them as the owner named on deed. Will this be considered “new membership” or use same member ID? Closing is was pre-agreed on for early December, not in a rush. Any idea of timeline to get points loaded?

Question for the well versed DVC’ers
My in-law’s Situation:
Currently both married owners of one contract. Purchasing another contract at same resort, different UY, with only one of them as the owner named on deed. Will this be considered “new membership” or use same member ID? Closing is was pre-agreed on for early December, not in a rush. Any idea of timeline to get points loaded?
It will be a new membership. Hard to say about points loaded...3 to 4 weeks from closing...maybe.

They usually are, and I believe it's electronic, too. But even if not, that seems weird to me. I'd reach out to your broker and title company, but I'm betting it has more to do with MA being behind.

So the title company sent me proof that they sent Disney all documents on 10/21. They even copied MA on the email. MA responded within an hour and said I will receive my membership info in 8 business days.

I just want to book my first trip. Is that too much to ask?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter