Closing Time!!

ROFR 3/5
Estoppel 4/2
Should Receive Closing docs by tomorrow.
THANKS for the thread :)
and......closing docs sent in 4/3.
I have an international seller (they need to get their docs notarized at a US embassy in Canada), so the actual closing may take 2 weeks, but the end is in sight. For my part, I think I have done all that needed to get done and am in the final stages.

The title company is also setting expectation that it is taking deeding authority and Disney 2-3 weeks to get everything set up after closing. Ugh.....

So many of you received your closing documents within a day of passing estoppel. Just curious as to the title company because it took my title company about a week to get me my closing docs and it probably would have taken longer if I had not called to advise that I was getting ready to go away for 10 days.

My hope is that title companies have docs ready to go, simply waiting for the Estoppel. Then again, each company may do it differently.
Glad to see u called and got your papers lined up. Final stretch now :)

So many of you received your closing documents within a day of passing estoppel. Just curious as to the title company because it took my title company about a week to get me my closing docs and it probably would have taken longer if I had not called to advise that I was getting ready to go away for 10 days.
Our estoppel came in 3/25 and we got our closing documents 3/26. I got the impression that there was some work to be done with it after the estoppel came in because our title agent said she would "get right to work on it." We used TSS and Magic Vacation Title, and closed 3/31/15.

The title company took a week between estoppel and emailing me closing docs. Every step in this process has been extended past the brokers timeline. It's almost over....I keep telling myself I saved a bunch of cash by purchasing resale.

Mine took 12 days from the date that the deed recorded. I called the morning of day 12 and I wasn't in the system. Called back later that afternoon and I was there. =)

We are hopefully coming up on getting to this point , . . closed 3/31. What exact # do we call and which option do we choose to try to get our member #? Thanks!

Hi there, we are waiting on Disney rofr. What is 'estoppel'? Thanks
I think lately it is another frustrating ploy to make us suffer :).
In all seriousness, it is a statement from Disney to indicate they have received acknowledgment of change in account and will cease/stop any activity on it.
Once you pass ROFR (fingers crossed), this next step will be the key for the Title company to prepare the final docs and get your closing lined up.
Please note that lately Estoppels have been taking almost a month, "past" the ROFR clearance.

I think lately it is another frustrating ploy to make us suffer :).
In all seriousness, it is a statement from Disney to indicate they have received acknowledgment of change in account and will cease/stop any activity on it.
Once you pass ROFR (fingers crossed), this next step will be the key for the Title company to prepare the final docs and get your closing lined up.
Please note that lately Estoppels have been taking almost a month, "past" the ROFR clearance.
Thank you. Bummer about the length of time...we are supposed to receive rofr by April 27 and we were hoping to be able to reserve by June 1. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Unfortunately waiting for ROFR is just the beginning of the exercise in patience. After waiting for ROFR you wait for the title company to receive Estoppel from Disney, an then you wait to receive closing documents from the title company, then you wait for the other party to return their documents, then you wait to close, then you wait for the deed to record, followed by another 2 weeks of waiting to call for your member number. Anddddddd then you can book your first vacation... Whew!

:cool1:Woo-hoo, just found that our deed was recorded on 3/31, the same day we closed!!! Our documents arrived to the title company (and the seller's the same day as well) on 3/30, so this is completely amazing!

FYI, California now does its recording electronically, so it no long takes extra time for VGC properties.

Unfortunately waiting for ROFR is just the beginning of the exercise in patience. After waiting for ROFR you wait for the title company to receive Estoppel from Disney, an then you wait to receive closing documents from the title company, then you wait for the other party to return their documents, then you wait to close, then you wait for the deed to record, followed by another 2 weeks of waiting to call for your member number. Anddddddd then you can book your first vacation... Whew!
The closing date on our sales contact is May 15. Do you know what happens if we don't close by then?

We recorded on 3/23 for VGC. Feel bad hounding Disney for membership number. The 2X I have called the agents haven't been helpful at all. Feeling discouraged.

We recorded on 3/23 for VGC. Feel bad hounding Disney for membership number. The 2X I have called the agents haven't been helpful at all. Feeling discouraged.
Who did you speak with. Member Accounting (phone menu option 3) should be able to help. Note that they mail the documents to Disney, so it may take longer if you closed in California.

The closing date on our sales contact is May 15. Do you know what happens if we don't close by then?
What do you want to happen? If you don't close by your close-by date, you can legally withdraw from the contract and take back your earnest deposit. Or you can wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!