Closing Time!!

FWIW, *** told me the person that submits deeds for recording has been out with an emergency. Mine has been waiting a week now...

Last edited:
FWIW, *** told me the person that records the deeds has been out with an emergency. Mine has been waiting a week now...

Thanks for the info. I may contact *** as well to see if that does anything. I totally understand an emergency cause life happens, but then how are other people’s deeds getting recorded lol?

Thanks for the info. I may contact *** as well to see if that does anything. I totally understand an emergency cause life happens, but then how are other people’s deeds getting recorded lol?

I have not seen any recorded in the past week that are going via ***. It's someone at *** who has been out. You would think they have a backup plan in place, no?

(I just realized my wording wasn't clear in my earlier post. The person at *** who submits deeds for recording has been out.)

I have not seen any recorded in the past week that are going via ***. It's someone at *** who has been out. You would think they have a backup plan in place, no?

(I just realized my wording wasn't clear in my earlier post. The person at *** who submits deeds for recording has been out.)

Ohhhh. Sigh. Yes one would think they would have someone else to submit the deeds... can’t be that hard, at this point I would volunteer to do it for free. A week seems very long to be waiting, hopefully the person is back soon (and everything is ok for him/her) or they get someone else to submit them.

3rd Update:
Home: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/10/19
Offer accepted: 3/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/11/19
Passed ROFR: 3/20/19
Closing docs received: 3/25/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/28/19 (in the mail)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/28/19 (in the mail)
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:

I have to add, my agent, Jerry Sydow, from The Timeshare Store has been great to work with. Even he is surprised how quickly this has moved. I'm grateful! After losing the first two attempts to ROFR, this one must be charmed. :-)

1st Update:
Home: Polynesian
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 3/1/19
Offer accepted: 3/1/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/5/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Closing docs received: 3/28/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned:
Seller’s closing docs returned:
Closing:
Points in my account:

This was just confirmed to me as well, they said:
"We are working on having the deeds recorded as soon as possible. Our recording department was short handed due to one of the ladies daughter’s had a terrible car accident." This made me feel bad for even asking....

This was just confirmed to me as well, they said:
"We are working on having the deeds recorded as soon as possible. Our recording department was short handed due to one of the ladies daughter’s had a terrible car accident." This made me feel bad for even asking....

I asked as well and this is what I was told, too. Literally the exact same email. Hopefully her daughter is okay - sounds bad :( Guess those of us with *** just have to be patient... but I also still hope they have someone else there who can get some of these done. This process sucks. Although I guess I should add that it does put the whole thing in perspective when ***’s employee had that sort of family emergency. There are much worse things than waiting for DVC points.

Last edited:
It's awful that such an emergency happened. Hopefully things turn out OK in the end.

That said, I'm surprised that a title company can operate with only one employee that can perform this key function. I would think they could find a backup to handle this role if there is an emergency. Furthermore, if a process that should take a day is going to take over a week (and counting), they should notify their customers of the delay (and ideally with a plan in place for when they will file the deeds).

(I'm generally annoyed with *** because they messed up every piece of paperwork, multiple times... And I'm not exaggerating, sadly. I did get it all corrected in the end, but I'm not impressed at all. You should not need to correct your wife's last name multiple times and have them still not get it correct...)

Home: Saratoga Springs
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Sent to ROFR: 3/13//19
Passed ROFR: 3/26/19
Closing:
Points in my account:

It's awful that such an emergency happened. Hopefully things turn out OK in the end.

That said, I'm surprised that a title company can operate with only one employee that can perform this key function. I would think they could find a backup to handle this role if there is an emergency. Furthermore, if a process that should take a day is going to take over a week (and counting), they should notify their customers of the delay (and ideally with a plan in place for when they will file the deeds).

(I'm generally annoyed with *** because they messed up every piece of paperwork, multiple times... And I'm not exaggerating, sadly. I did get it all corrected in the end, but I'm not impressed at all. You should not need to correct your wife's last name multiple times and have them still not get it correct...)

I agree that with a company as big as they seem - doing so many DVC closings, they should definitely have a plan in place to keep moving these things along that should not seemingly be dependent on one person. Sorry they messed up your paperwork! Our paperwork was fine but I thought the 2 weeks we waited for closing docs seemed long compared to what I’ve seen here. Who knows if they were actually waiting for estoppel or not. I just hope they get these things recorded soon.

Thanks for the info. I have been checking everyday since ours closed last week and nothing (we are the sellers and hoping to get our funds before a trip).

Home: Saratoga Springs
Sent to ROFR: 3/13//19
Closing:
Points in my account:

Yay! Mine seems to be moving fast too! Same broker and title company.

2nd Update:

Home: SSR
Offer made: 3/7/19
Offer accepted: 3/8/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/12/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/29/19
Closing:
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

We were able to email our doc.s back w/ Mason. Not sure if it would be different if some one was financing as we paid w/ cash via wire. I faxed the initial signed contract when we made our offer. The wired funds took longer to arrive than it would have taken if I’d just sent a certified check using the fedex label Mason included with the doc.s they emailed, so if I were doing it again I’d probably just send the signed doc.s and the check via fedex.
See everyone at AKV - we should meet over by the night vision goggles or @ Victoria Falls :)

I like your idea of meeting up over the night vision glasses @sndral lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter