Clothing is required in Rainforest Spa on Dream, please!

I agree, they couple were from the US as I heard them speak. If that is what you like- ok.. but I believe that we also must be respectful of others. Yup... nude in the Jacuzzi.. not cool.

Jacuzzis are the worst when it comes to germs and bacterias though. With or without bathing suits.

Chlorine doesn't help that much.

I think people are missing the point. We are all aware that in some cultures this is a thing. But the culture we are choosing to patronize is DCL and in the rainforest room Disney wants you to wear suits. Someone should have gotten a CM. Rules are broken all the time but this one is a bit much.

I don't know, I'd rather see 2 older people enjoying the spa naked then have a family of 10 saving pool chairs all day or kids running in the hallways. Naked people in the spa do not effect my vacation at all, other than adding a little amusement.

Same.
I don't care if I see nude ppl in the spa or even (gasp) in verandahs. Still, rules should be enforced. All of them.
The pool chairs are quite obnoxious but to me the worst is CM's being too lax in enforcing toddlers/babies with swim/regular diapers at the pools.
Nudity might offend a couple of ppl at a time for a quick moment. fecal matter coming out of swim diapers affect hundreds of kids and their parents for hours.

I'm just gonna put this out there.....Usually it's the people trying the hardest to prove they are not the prude who are the most judgmental! Get a sense of humor. (I am not usually the one to call people out, but really! Stop instigating!) These post are in good fun till someone stokes a fire.

I believe live and let live for the most part. I am sure on a US cruise this was a bit of a shock, LOL. I know I would have giggled a little. We personally avoided the German Baths when we were there, because I was not comfortable...but don't begrudge those who are. I envy people so accepting of their body! Good for them...lol!

Just because its an American thing to wear swimsuits in Saunas/Jacuzzi/Steam Room etc, doesn't mean it is internationally. Let's not forget that DCL is an International company, with International guests, there is nothing to say that an American custom must be followed.

I have been all around the world where being anything other than Nude in these scenarios is Bizaar and I have in those scenarios, had no issues with it and even gone down the path of "When in Rome" and wore my best birthday suit also. Very common in Europe and Asian countries, in fact it's probably more the "Norm" internationally than the American way.

Sometimes its best to open your perspective, embrace what others want to do and if you felt uncomfortable, you always have the option of going elsewhere on the ship :)

PS - I thoroughly enjoyed being nude on my Balcony on the Wonder last month - The Mexican sun on my skin, some cheese, chicken tenders, a cold wine & some music - can't think of much better!

PS - I thoroughly enjoyed being nude on my Balcony on the Wonder last month - The Mexican sun on my skin, some cheese, chicken tenders, a cold wine & some music - can't think of much better!

Nice! Add a good book and to me that's the perfect DCL experience. I do it 4-6 hours a day when I cruise, less the nudity.
Good for you.
Hope you don't get flamed by the puritans on here tho.

Is clothing required? Can CM enforce?

Yes and yes.

In some cultures, even in the USA, spas, steam rooms, etc should be enjoyed without the restrictions of clothing.

The only place in the US I've been to where those things are enjoyed nekkid is at a Korean day spa. And it's women-only. I've also seen sketchy co-ed hot tub places, but those aren't really quite the same as a spa etc.

It really behooves the traveler to know local customs and rules. A tactful remark to a CM should take care of any misunderstanding.

Agreed.

there is nothing to say that an American custom must be followed.

Except for the rules of DCL, which, when I've been there, say that nudity is not allowed.

Saggy boobs and moobs come with aging. Better get used to it. ;)

And other parts.

I believe live and let live for the most part. I am sure on a US cruise this was a bit of a shock, LOL. I know I would have giggled a little. We personally avoided the German Baths when we were there, because I was not comfortable...but don't begrudge those who are. I envy people so accepting of their body! Good for them...lol!

I definitely wan't comfortable or accepting of my body, but I knew I would regret it if I didn't do it. Plus, that was about 20 years ago and before my son. I don't know if I would do it today.

We leave our balcony door or curtains open all the time, except in port. OK, we have forgotten to close them in port before, and we sleep in the buff:rolleyes1 However, I love going out on the balcony no matter how I am dressed. I do try to stay back from the railing though, so as not to scare the other passengers.

Just what I want to see,,,, Sagging boobs

Quit looking at me;)

Saggy boobs and moobs come with aging. Better get used to it. ;)

And with kids:sad2: I'm still not used to it though.

One of my biggest life lessons, after living in Japan and frequenting the local bath house (female only) - NO ONE looks good naked. Everyone is saggy, pudgy, wrinkly, hairy, something, somewhere. Makes it easier to love your own body.

Hey, speak for yourself. (J/K):rotfl2::rotfl::jumping1::lmao:

In your own stateroom, heck on your own verandah.. go for it!. Just when other eyes are present-nah...

I doubt a CM would do anything. They don't ever to seem to want to "upset" the guests no matter what they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts