Clothing questions for ladies/moms...

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Fsudisney, Jun 9, 2017.

1. ofcabbagesandkings

ofcabbagesandkings DIS Veteran

I have an ancient pair of cropped dance leggings from Capezio. Those things are indestructible. If you can budget it, Athleta makes a lot of cute options.

BarbMike821 likes this.
  2. dosekies

dosekies Mouseketeer

Walmart! I was so surprised at how great their athletic shorts and workout leggings are. I have a bunch of both of them and they are super comfy and have lasted me a long time.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. keepswimming76

keepswimming76 Mouseketeer

I also buy exercise capris from Walmart and I've never had any issues.

If you do decide on shorts I recommend using Monistat Chafing relief powder gel. It is a miracle, no joke. Even my husband and son use it when we are at Disney. It goes on like a gel and dries quickly. It prevents and heals any rubbing issues. I found it works better than Body Glide and the Arm and Hammer ones.

https://www.amazon.com/MONISTAT-Complete-Chafing-Relief-Powder/dp/B00AXVJF52/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1497925158&sr=8-1&keywords=monistat+chafing+relief+powder+gel&th=1

5. DisneyCAL

DisneyCAL DIS Veteran

I love Marshals! I like 90 degree brand and Mondetta. Dont get light gray though or be ready to look like you peed yourself by the end of the day lol. I have thunder thighs so I tend to go with capris leggings and a loose fitting long tank. Marshalls should also have lined shorts.

6. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

What were you looking for?

I just got back from Costco and mine still had the skorts that I linked above and actually they had 2 more patterns in store than online. They also had those reversible skirts (not skorts but skirts) that were $12.99 in stock. Obviously in stock amount varies store to store though.

*Side note I couldn't help myself and I bought 3 skorts (so now I have 5 total) lol while I was there today, I didn't like the material of the reversible skirt myself though*

7. kirstenb1

kirstenb1 DIS Veteran

So agree with the skorts!! I have many different brands, but prefer the athletic ones from Adidas, etc for the parks. They are usually made from a dri fit material that really stands up to stains. Think about how many times you (and everyone before you) is stepping down into a boat, and sometimes you are going to be sitting where everyone's shoe print was. I love my cute outfits, but at WDW, I wear athletic skorts or capris.

absolutmey likes this.
  8. Juliet0778

Juliet0778 Mouseketeer

I don't even own leggings (I find them extremely uncomfortable and unflattering on me.) So what I do are skorts (Athleta are my fave.) or knee-length or longer skirts. It still looks adorable with tees. I rarely wear shorts, but did find one cute pair with a 5 inch inseam that were cut loosely enough to be comfortable, but still cute!

9. ChasingLeslie

ChasingLeslie DIS Veteran

I love TekGear shorts and skorts...I buy them at Kohls. They have a shorter short and a Bermuda length short; and, they also have shirts/skorts in "dry tek" fabric which is great for the FL heat!

10. Nancy Gilbreath

Nancy Gilbreath mamadog

Body Glide - a must
    Tennis Skort - from anywhere - Sheels, Target, Lands End

11. baloo's girl

baloo's girl Mouseketeer

I got linen blend shorts from Old Navy that I wore in April at WDW and they were so awesome! They are very lightweight and no rub for me. I also like the activewear leggings capris at Kohls.