• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clothing sizes - girls vs ladies size

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
Been searching on Internet, and it's hard to find a chart that converts ladies sizes to girls sizes.

I'm wondering what ladies sizes 0 and 2 would be in girls' sizes? I figured some of the moms on here who do lots of clothing shopping for their kids might know the answer!

Thanks, Tiger :)

I think they are a girls size 16. The girls sizes are slightly more tapered in the seat and leg. The 0-2 will also be a little longer, but not much.

From Lands End Girls size chart:

Height Waist Inseam Weight

16 62 - 63 27 1/2 29 1/2 119 - 135

It really depends on the store. Dd13 wears a 0 at Old Navy, 2 at Ann Taylor Loft, and 7 or 9 in Target Juniors. It is a PITA, but when making the switch, they have to try on at the stores, to know their size at the different stores. The waists are narrower, and the hips wider.

Proportion, proportion, proportion. Grown-up clothes come in 2 very different sizes, juniors and misses. Juniors are sized with odd numbers and are cut with less curves. They generally run 2 sizes smaller than misses, which are sized with even numbers and made with more curves. Youth are made for girls who still have a fuller belly, more child like and less girlie-ish. You won't go from a 16 into a juniors 1 or misses 2. She will probably go from a 16 into a bigger size and then down as she matures. Or if she's rail thin you probably would go into a juniors before a youth 16.

Thanks all. My DD just turned 7 last week, and is only 60lbs, but is very tall, and extremely long torso. She pretty much only wears Gymboree, and wears size 10 shirts, jammies, shorts (size 9 as well) and dresses, and size 12 shirts, bathing suits.

I was wondering about size 0 and size 2 on Disneyshopping.com. The size 2 is the same size waist as a size 10-12 girls, according to their size chart, but I can't take a chance as I have to order online and ship to hotel.

Thanks all, Tiger :)

Thanks all. My DD just turned 7 last week, and is only 60lbs, but is very tall, and extremely long torso. She pretty much only wears Gymboree, and wears size 10 shirts, jammies, shorts (size 9 as well) and dresses, and size 12 shirts, bathing suits.

I was wondering about size 0 and size 2 on Disneyshopping.com. The size 2 is the same size waist as a size 10-12 girls, according to their size chart, but I can't take a chance as I have to order online and ship to hotel.

The 0 and 2 will be much longer.
My DD wears a 14/16 at Old Navy (just for pants, for shirts she needs an adult M.. very long torso too)
At aero she can wear a 0, but they are quite a bit longer, usually too long. She is 11 and 5'2" 95lbs. I would think any 7year old would swim in a junior/adult size. My DD hasn't fit in gymbo for many years.

My daughter wears a size 14 girls or a size 0 junior. Size 14 pants are too short for her though, she's 5'4" and about 110 lbs, mostly muscle (from dance). Size 16 are the right length, but too big around the waist.

Yeah, it all depends on the brand. IMO Gap & Old Navy run big. My size 0-2 dd fits size 14 Old Navy/Gap size. Alot of the womens tanks come down pretty low in the chest area compared to girls size tanks.

OP, how tall is your DD? My DD weighs about the same as yours does and also has a long torso. She's currently wearing mostly size 10(kids) for shirts and 8 for shorts and pants. I can't imagine her wearing juniors/misses clothes, but maybe your DD is taller than mine. My DD is 4 ft 6.

OP, how tall is your DD? My DD weighs about the same as yours does and also has a long torso. She's currently wearing mostly size 10(kids) for shirts and 8 for shorts and pants. I can't imagine her wearing juniors/misses clothes, but maybe your DD is taller than mine. My DD is 4 ft 6.

My dd9 is 58 pounds, 4'3", and wears a 7 - nowhere near juniors. I think my oldest made the switch closer to 95 pounds, 4'10".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter