Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

For World, not going to pretend I know how that works, just what I was told from an Epcot executive. I had just assumed it more of an estimate than a hard time for people just starting the process.

Also it's way better than we thought it would be in there, so be sure to think beyond the leaked benefits list.
Truthfully, we LOVE Disney... WDW in particular. But we’re also practical people and want to get a sense as to whether we will derive value beyond the intangible. We definitely have an open mind and are looking forward to hearing more... :)

ETA: I have no expectation of being offered membership. We’re really going to be asking questions and assessing whether it’s right for us. If they want people who are all in the moment they walk in the door, that won’t be us. :confused3 But if it really sounds like a fit for us, we’ll certainly be clear about that. :)

Last edited:

A question, based on wording I’ve read in different places that makes this unclear to me now: Is it $33K first year and $15K each subsequent year, or a $33K fee to join, plus $15K annual membership dues (I.e. $48K in first year)?
33+15 I believe. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that it was both.

Thank you both. That's what we were assuming. Not insane if you compare to initiation fees for many golf clubs, but some of those are equity clubs; I believe that this is not. And since WDW is not in our backyard, that's another difference... I'm just going to stop thinking about it until we hear more in Aug. :)

A question, based on wording I’ve read in different places that makes this unclear to me now: Is it $33K first year and $15K each subsequent year, or a $33K fee to join, plus $15K annual membership dues (I.e. $48K in first year)?

Thank you both. That's what we were assuming. Not insane if you compare to initiation fees for many golf clubs, but some of those are equity clubs; I believe that this is not. And since WDW is not in our backyard, that's another difference... I'm just going to stop thinking about it until we hear more in Aug. :)
Yes, *about* $48K before taxes. But there is more to it overall. It can be explained at your meeting.

We likely have some disposable income available this year. Enough to do this? Probably.

But at this price point, there are certainly other “disposable income” options that easily come into play.

1. Trip to Europe.
2. Pair of Season Tix to Astros (with playoff/hopefully WS repeat rights).
3. Extensive kitchen remodel.
4. Decent used RV camper (ala 5th wheel).
5. New truck for daddy.

Etc. Etc.

Although. If your MB always turned every FP terminal green, Club 33 would definitely be in the running.

Point is, this isn’t your everyday opportunity cost of say, a trip to WDW.

That’s enough money to take opportunity cost to another level.
Well. We’ve made a command decision.

Early next month, the Astros (and most other MLB teams - I assume) will announce 2019 season tickets with an offer that includes playoff rights for both 2018 and 2019.

This would not be a good decision unless the team goes fairly far into one or both playoffs. Season tickets without post season play is dicey at best.

We’ve decided that the future looks bright for post season play and we’re going to buy club level season tickets.

Instead of Club 33. Not that we were invited. But we DO have other “exclusive” options with our disposable spending.

With baseball, we’re only committed for one season. There’s not an initiation fee that would push us to a decade of membership in order to justify the cost. And there are other ways season tickets are more flexible.

And besides, as a WDW 1%, I can push the limits of WDW without justifying that kind of buckage. We just got back from a June trip with 16 people including DW’s family and rode every E-ticket ride on 35 minutes wait or less (except Na’vi).

Behold a thing of beauty:

2C25AFE0-9C6C-4FF0-8113-4B10B73A8270.png

Last edited:
It’s dwfinitely not a “good investment”. Just a way to expand park experiences and enjoy the history and culture of wdw. To each their own but the value is there for us!

It’s dwfinitely not a “good investment”. Just a way to expand park experiences and enjoy the history and culture of wdw. To each their own but the value is there for us!
Yeah... I wouldn't use the word "investment" either -- this isn't a thing that grows in value over time or can be sold for a profit at some point. It looks as though -- just from the public info -- if you used everything included each year you could get your money's worth. But I doubt that's why most who join do so. Just a guess. :)

I think there’s value there, too. And we would strongly consider it. Except. There are opportunity costs to everything and we’ve decided, this year, with the Astros current record, and an offer of 2018 and 2019 post season guarantee, season tickets are a better value.

B4075010-05CE-4DB6-AA7B-9A8C9C9950C0.jpeg

Seats we’re looking at. These would be amazing playoff seats.

I think there’s value there, too. And we would strongly consider it. Except. There are opportunity costs to everything and we’ve decided, this year, with the Astros current record, and an offer of 2018 and 2019 post season guarantee, season tickets are a better value.

View attachment 333504

Seats we’re looking at. These would be amazing playoff seats.

Plus you could easily make some money back if you can't make a game. Astros tickets sell fast.

Plus you could easily make some money back if you can't make a game. Astros tickets sell fast.

Now that they're winning. :P I'm a Cubs fan and would enjoy seeing them in Houston before Houston moved to the AL. Never had trouble getting seats.

But, really, I'm glad to see another team's fans get to enjoy their team finally breaking a curse. Enjoy your tickets, ziravan! Those are nice seats.

Hmmm if I got that fancy invitation for Golden Oak I wonder if we’d qualify. (By the way, that was a beautiful book!!!) I would love to move closer and participate (in Golden Oak and Club 33) but I doubt it’s happening with my husband not being as huge a Disney fan as myself. I’ve got to sell Disney on my kids more! They can pay their own college! I can dream as we can’t do it within the next few years anyway. Plus flying from the middle of the country isnt ideal.

I’m curious those in Club 33 wdw how many special events they will have. I would definitely like to visit.

Guest privileges at WDW are very different than at DL, so while there are more lounges at WDW, it may actually end up proving to be easier to get in to DL as a guest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts