Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

One thing he did mention after he called back for payment was the duplicating of FP. He stated that if we had considered doing a duplicate (which we didn't) he was strongly recommending not to. He said duplicates are starting to get cancelled. I'm not sure if that's correct or if it was said to deter us if we were actually considering it.

Did they give any reason for taking away the nighttime viewing areas? That was a big plus for me as we're not dessert party people.

Did they give any reason for taking away the nighttime viewing areas? That was a big plus for me as we're not dessert party people.

They have not, but my guess is lack of utilization and probably high no show rates. Reports were generally of very light attendance in most of the areas. Coordinating CMs with lists and special viewing areas has never really been a WDW strength and I’m assuming it wasn’t worth it in what they were seeing.

One thing he did mention after he called back for payment was the duplicating of FP. He stated that if we had considered doing a duplicate (which we didn't) he was strongly recommending not to. He said duplicates are starting to get cancelled. I'm not sure if that's correct or if it was said to deter us if we were actually considering it.
Currently holding a duplicate, has not been cancelled. Fwiw I waited a few days before changing it to duplicate & only duplicated 1 FP over our 4 days.

The lack of consistency, even now that all of the CL pre-trip services have merged into DSS, is highly frustrating.

I emailed DSS back, asking again about booking FP by email with a call to confirm and pay, and mentioned that I had heard from at least two different people who’d done their bookings by email that it was possible.

Their reply? No, it can absolutely only be done by phone with me on the phone with them for the whole time, and I should give them the names of the guests who booked by email so they could investigate “how they had assisted those guests with their vacation planning.” In other words, either I was lying to them, the email booking claimants were lying to me or someone at DSS broke the rules and they wanted to track down the culprits.

Why does this have to be so difficult? And why is doing this by email so forbidden? Not everyone is in the position to sit on the phone for a lengthy call during business hours, especially when for some of us the call is international long distance.

Those of you who’ve done this by phone, how long did the call take? And is this program really worth all this effort?

The lack of consistency, even now that all of the CL pre-trip services have merged into DSS, is highly frustrating.

I emailed DSS back, asking again about booking FP by email with a call to confirm and pay, and mentioned that I had heard from at least two different people who’d done their bookings by email that it was possible.

Their reply? No, it can absolutely only be done by phone with me on the phone with them for the whole time, and I should give them the names of the guests who booked by email so they could investigate “how they had assisted those guests with their vacation planning.” In other words, either I was lying to them, the email booking claimants were lying to me or someone at DSS broke the rules and they wanted to track down the culprits.

Why does this have to be so difficult? And why is doing this by email so forbidden? Not everyone is in the position to sit on the phone for a lengthy call during business hours, especially when for some of us the call is international long distance.

Those of you who’ve done this by phone, how long did the call take? And is this program really worth all this effort?

Took me in the range of 30-40 min on the phone, and I had it all written up on a notepad before I called. I thought it was worth it, but we did it when you had nighttime viewing included and to me that was about equal worth to the extra 3 FPs. The most worth IMO is for the 3 rides in TSL that are all tier 1, to get all of the tier 1 rides in Epcot without having to rely on refreshing, and to get both Pandora rides. Can you do all of those with refreshing/rope drop/lining up just before closing- probably yes based on what I’ve read on the DIS. Did we want to deal with that when we could guarantee them - no :D! Paying for convenience (and we did it before TSL even opened!)

That’s super our of line for someone who you’re paying to work for you but like any position that puts people “in power” over others it can lead to power tripping like you experienced (give me their names!!). Best to COMPLETELY ignore that email.

My advise is to do as @Tessaf did. Email before they open & then call when they open.

For anyone else reading this is why you NEVER say “but I know others who got to do it!” It can result in a CM getting in trouble for allowing it (booking FP via email) and/or those who “fudged” losing what they had (duplicate FP).

We booked 7 days of the CL FP back in June for our upcoming trip this week. We did get the VIP viewings since it stops on the 16th and our last day is the 16th. I tried to do duplicates and was told I could not. I asked a lot of questions and since the booking I have called back and asked again. First question was "Why can't I book duplicates if these CL FP are coming out of a different pool?" I was told they are not a different pool. Calling back on different days I was told the same thing each time I called. The other question was "WHY can't I book duplicates if I'm buying them?" Same answer every time. The server won't allow you to do duplicates booking FP normally so if they override it or if you go back and modify a FP to duplicate, The server MAY delete the second one when you scan the first one. I was told that it's not 100% and a lot of people will duplicate with success but the same amount will have their FP deleted. For me, it's not worth the chance. I really don't want to waste time at guest services.

Not sure if there is an answer or a known example yet. We have duplicates on 3 of our CL days. We have our CL FPs first, followed by our three regular FPs. Our final FP for each of these three days is a duplicated one (Test Track, 7D, SDD). Do we know, if there are system cancellations, what specifically gets cancelled?

Not sure if there is an answer or a known example yet. We have duplicates on 3 of our CL days. We have our CL FPs first, followed by our three regular FPs. Our final FP for each of these three days is a duplicated one (Test Track, 7D, SDD). Do we know, if there are system cancellations, what specifically gets cancelled?

There have been no reports to date of any cancelled FPs or any other negative outcomes when booking duplicates.

Granted they could start something at any time I guess, but nothing has been reported to date.

Small caveat in that the number of people and reports on this thread are relatively low volume (probably because it's likely a rather small audience of people booking this program)...so if they do change something it may take some time to get real-world reports here.

It would be nice if the "rules" for this test program were given more consistently between Cast Members (not likely I know :rolleyes:). When I made my CL FPs I wasn't told anything about not duplicating rides. If not for posts here I would have no idea that duplicating might have any negative outcomes.

When you are talking about not duplicating rides with the 3 CL fastpasses, do you mean you cannot duplicate any in a single day or that you cannot duplicate any CL FPs over the course of the trip? For example, if on day 1, I book FEA, TT and Soarin at Epcot, and then on day 2, I book FOP, Everest, and FEA again. Would the second FEA be allowed since it is on a different day?

When you are talking about not duplicating rides with the 3 CL fastpasses, do you mean you cannot duplicate any in a single day or that you cannot duplicate any CL FPs over the course of the trip? For example, if on day 1, I book FEA, TT and Soarin at Epcot, and then on day 2, I book FOP, Everest, and FEA again. Would the second FEA be allowed since it is on a different day?

Yes that would be allowed. You are free to book the same ride on different days. Some have been told that booking two of the same ride on the same day (one with paid FP and one regular FP) is not allowed and could be cancelled.

Quick question- I know you can have the 3 regular FPs in one park and the 3 extras in another, but can you have the 3 extras in multiple parks? For example, could you do the 3 regular all in MK and have the extras be for TT, ToT, and FOP?

Quick question- I know you can have the 3 regular FPs in one park and the 3 extras in another, but can you have the 3 extras in multiple parks? For example, could you do the 3 regular all in MK and have the extras be for TT, ToT, and FOP?

Yes, the club level fast passes do not have to be in the same park. They can be in different parks, just like you describe.

oooh - that would be fun! didn't even think through that one!

I make my remaining non-CL FP selections tomorrow. When my window opens, is there anything different to expect?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter