Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Thanks to the helpful people on this thread, our club (and regular) FP have been booked. Without the advice here, that wouldn’t be the case, though.

Last week, DSS told me they’d phone today as soon as they opened at 9am. And, no, this couldn’t be done by email.

This morning, I gave in and phoned them at 9:30am, since I knew I had to be off the phone and back in class (teacher) by 10am. As suggested here, I had emailed a list for DSS to work from. After a few minutes on hold, the CM that answered said she saw the note for the 9am call, but that the scheduled CM was on another call so she’d do the booking. I mentioned I had sent an emailed list to make things easier. She offered to take my credit card during that call and that she’d then book the FP and email me a confirmation without me on the phone. (So, yeah, that’s kind of like booking by email, isn’t it?). Call took less than 10 minutes, including hold time.

Got everything I wanted at the time I wanted. Only issue was one day where I’d flipped the order of which type was first (most days were regular first then club, but the last day was reversed). I emailed back and she fixed it right away.

Easy-peasy, thanks to the good advice found here. You guys are awesome! Thanks!

Thanks to the helpful people on this thread, our club (and regular) FP have been booked. Without the advice here, that wouldn’t be the case, though.

Last week, DSS told me they’d phone today as soon as they opened at 9am. And, no, this couldn’t be done by email.

This morning, I gave in and phoned them at 9:30am, since I knew I had to be off the phone and back in class (teacher) by 10am. As suggested here, I had emailed a list for DSS to work from. After a few minutes on hold, the CM that answered said she saw the note for the 9am call, but that the scheduled CM was on another call so she’d do the booking. I mentioned I had sent an emailed list to make things easier. She offered to take my credit card during that call and that she’d then book the FP and email me a confirmation without me on the phone. (So, yeah, that’s kind of like booking by email, isn’t it?). Call took less than 10 minutes, including hold time.

Got everything I wanted at the time I wanted. Only issue was one day where I’d flipped the order of which type was first (most days were regular first then club, but the last day was reversed). I emailed back and she fixed it right away.

Easy-peasy, thanks to the good advice found here. You guys are awesome! Thanks!
Glad it worked out for you.

Just returned from 5 day CL Poly visit. Three days of using CL FP+ worked flawlessly. I did not try for duplicates. I wish the FP were on 45 minute intervals instead of one hour which really stretch them out over a full day. We did have a "rain out " of Test track the first night and the concierge at the Poly called for us after hours and they gave us a replacement FP+ for 2 days later when we were going back to EPCOT. I never talked to DSS while on the trip.

So ..... we are done with our trip 9/6-16th. All packed up so we can leave early tomorrow. Now for my thoughts on the CL FP+. We did 7 days (no Epcot extras) and yes it was really nice to book at 90 days and even nicer to get all 3 Toy Story rides but I will never do it again unless we go during a really crowded time. I feel that I totally wasted money. For our total trip the longest we waited SB was once for FOP (over an hour) but only because someone puked on the ride and they had to close 1 theater. Other than that, almost all of our FP at MK, AK and HS (with the exception of SDD) there was never more that 25-30 people doing SB when we got to the merge. The parks were crowded after wednesday 9/12 and after talking with a lot of people (we talk to everyone while in line) we found out that a ton of families evacuated NC and took a Disney trip. Walkways were crazy busy but not the attractions. We walked on so many rides we ended up coming back to the resort before 4:00 most days and doing other things. Also having 6 FP+ in one day made it really hard to book another. Our regular ones would be done but the extras were in the time slots for the remainder of the day and you cannot overlap. It would be a much better value if they would just give you a pool of passes to use as you please. Over $1,700 not well spent. One other tragic thing that purchasing them caused was we DID have a lot of multi experience fastpasses that we got as a comp for loosing a ton of dining credits in 2017. Well, when we purchased the CL FP+, The extras on those days would not work! After an hour on the phone I gave up. Lucky for me the concierge on our level gave us 3 each for each Epcot day since we didn't purchase the extras on those days which made it easy to ride TT multiple times. So bottom line, the extras are not a value for us in slower times so lesson learned. Other than that, we can go home with a lot of happy memories because this trip overall, was a really great trip!

i just purchased today. The castmember was pretty curt and seemed to be annoyed in general to have to call me! Evidenly you can no longer reserve seating for night time shows anymore! I dont see this as a value at all anymore, because I still have to try to book FP for the days I did not purchase extra ones at 60 days, AND now they are taking away show seatings. Not sure what Disney is thinking on this, but I feel like 500 bucks for 3 extra days of FP is not a good value.

i just purchased today. The castmember was pretty curt and seemed to be annoyed in general to have to call me! Evidenly you can no longer reserve seating for night time shows anymore! I dont see this as a value at all anymore, because I still have to try to book FP for the days I did not purchase extra ones at 60 days, AND now they are taking away show seatings. Not sure what Disney is thinking on this, but I feel like 500 bucks for 3 extra days of FP is not a good value.
You can get a refund so if you don’t see the value for your own personal situation cancel. Imho that’s way too much money for something one isn’t sure they want!

I think I may have been a bit annoyed when I posted above. I had just gotten off the phone with a very curt castmember, which was VERY unsusal. I always have very positive experiences on the phone with Disney. I think I am just miffed that the price stayed the same with less benefit. I guess they will get it figured out.

I think I may have been a bit annoyed when I posted above. I had just gotten off the phone with a very curt castmember, which was VERY unsusal. I always have very positive experiences on the phone with Disney. I think I am just miffed that the price stayed the same with less benefit. I guess they will get it figured out.
Gotcha. Totally get it. A curt CM can really throw you! Hope the FPs work out for you!

So I have some more news on these extra fast passes. So, we are now Platinum Passholders! Really excited about that :) but back to my news. I called this morning to book bounce back and was told I could book for 2019 but not 2018. We decided to book a room only for Christmas ( I know I’m crazy!) So no bounce back means no free dining. I can live with that. What I could not live with was room only for the 22nd thru the 28th Atrium Club at Contemporary was over $7200 WITH my AP discount. What? That’s nuts! So the agent was really awesome and asked if our girls liked Nemo. Duh! They LOVE Nemo! So he offered us a Nemo family suite (2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, heck yeah!) with pool view at AoA for $3004 tax and all for the same dates! So I’m off subject again ..... here we go. I told him I really wanted to book CL so I could get the 3 extra FP+ But for a short Christmas trip I would give AoA a try. Then the question. “Do you think they will expand the extra FP+ to mod and value resorts?” His answer was “mods are coming soon, values should follow not too far after.” Now I know a lot of CM’s means a lot of different answers but maybe he knows something. Maybe not.

So I have some more news on these extra fast passes. So, we are now Platinum Passholders! Really excited about that :) but back to my news. I called this morning to book bounce back and was told I could book for 2019 but not 2018. We decided to book a room only for Christmas ( I know I’m crazy!) So no bounce back means no free dining. I can live with that. What I could not live with was room only for the 22nd thru the 28th Atrium Club at Contemporary was over $7200 WITH my AP discount. What? That’s nuts! So the agent was really awesome and asked if our girls liked Nemo. Duh! They LOVE Nemo! So he offered us a Nemo family suite (2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, heck yeah!) with pool view at AoA for $3004 tax and all for the same dates! So I’m off subject again ..... here we go. I told him I really wanted to book CL so I could get the 3 extra FP+ But for a short Christmas trip I would give AoA a try. Then the question. “Do you think they will expand the extra FP+ to mod and value resorts?” His answer was “mods are coming soon, values should follow not too far after.” Now I know a lot of CM’s means a lot of different answers but maybe he knows something. Maybe not.

Congrats on Platinum Passholders!! That's awesome!!

I am curious to see how that will play out if they do offer extra FP+ to the other resorts. I would be curious to see how they do it for mod and value.... and also curious if they would other room types then CL at the deluxe resorts too? I could honestly see it being a tier system- Based on what type of resort you're staying at will determine the number of extra FP+ you can purchase. It would bring a lot of other question or concerns. If they allow it before the 60 day mark, that could really hurt a lot of peoples chances for FP+ at the 60 and 30 day.

I call “not yet” but at fully refundable what do you have to lose? But let’s be real, the program hasn’t even rolled out to Deluxe hotels yet...

Congrats on Platinum Passholders!! That's awesome!!

I am curious to see how that will play out if they do offer extra FP+ to the other resorts. I would be curious to see how they do it for mod and value.... and also curious if they would other room types then CL at the deluxe resorts too? I could honestly see it being a tier system- Based on what type of resort you're staying at will determine the number of extra FP+ you can purchase. It would bring a lot of other question or concerns. If they allow it before the 60 day mark, that could really hurt a lot of peoples chances for FP+ at the 60 and 30 day.
It's really hard to say with Disney. Think about Minnie Vans. At first roll out, $20 one way Deluxe only but still twice that of Uber and Lyft and it was a success. They bumped it to $25 and expanded to all resorts and no one complained and it was a success. Now with the base plus mileage it will be more and probably still a success. The extra FP will sell. How they wish to tier it if they do will probably go through a lot of changes and people will still buy it. I can see them selling Tier 1 for $20+ each and SWGE $30 or more? Maybe Duluxe could purchase a max of 5, Mods a max of 3 and values 2. Who really knows. I did the CL FP and I did it at the wrong time of year. I would love to have them during our upcoming Christmas trip. I know it's gonna be super crowded! One Idea I think would be great would be split days. That would please the rope droppers and the late nighters. They could split the crowd so we can have a better time. They could do park hours from 7am to 3 pm and 3pm till 11pm with a seperate ticket for each half of the day. If you have hoppers, you could do one park early, another park later but they would have to inforce that you couldn't do both splits unless you purchased another ticket. Then we wouldn't need so many FP.

As my 60 day FP booking window grew closer, I decided to pull the trigger and book CL FPs for our trip the week after Thanksgiving. I'm still not 100% thrilled with this program, like I described after we used the CL FPs in June- and EMM at MK and HS take care of many of the headliner rides for us. It really came down to wanting to book before 60 days so I could stick to my schedule, and have good FP options in the afternoon lined up since we tend to park hop. I remember last year when we went this same week and hopped to Epcot when MK closed for MVMCP- there were quickly no FPs available in Epcot since everyone had the same idea!

I specifically asked DSS about nighttime show viewing, and was told that part of the program had been permanently removed. I was not given FPs for Fantasmic or Illuminations.

I've tried to move around a few of our regular FPs since booking, and am really surprised at the limited times available. Not sure if the times aren't all loaded yet (my 60 day window opens next week) or if things are already booked, but it's made me relieved I have my FP plan in place for 3 days. I'll report back with whether I felt it was "worth it" this time after our trip!

I've tried to move around a few of our regular FPs since booking, and am really surprised at the limited times available. Not sure if the times aren't all loaded yet (my 60 day window opens next week) or if things are already booked, but it's made me relieved I have my FP plan in place for 3 days. I'll report back with whether I felt it was "worth it" this time after our trip!

We are going the week after Thanksgiving too. At the 85-90 day timeframe, I did modify around times of my regular FPs and thought there was a lot of times available. I’m hoping they aren’t all booked already... and that I’m just off on what I thought were a lot of times available lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter