Club level guests can buy more fast passes?

I did read the rumor that Disney was thinking about adding a pay to play option to gain access to club level for the DVC. At the Wilderness Lodge I think. Hmmmm.

Not shocking.

I am surprised it took this long. We see why they closed the hole that people were using to get extra same day fast passes.

If they offered it to ANY guest (and not just club level) .. how many of us would consider buying this?
Think of all the other things people are paying for:
- $70+ for Early Morning Magic (which is basically 3 fast passes for 3 specific rides)
- Dessert parties (which give you a better view of shows (and food).
- The nighttime event and holiday parties (which give you much shorter lines to a ton of attractions)

Etc. etc. etc.

The fact is .. if you can afford club level .. another $50/day is a drop in the bucket to avoid waiting in lines with the peons ...

What is more concerning is if these guests can get 6 fast passes per day at 60 days .. plus the good neighbor hotels ... 30 Day Fast Passes for those guests not staying on site are just going to get ugly.

Not shocking.

I am surprised it took this long. We see why they closed the hole that people were using to get extra same day fast passes.

If they offered it to ANY guest (and not just club level) .. how many of us would consider buying this?
- $70+ for Early Morning Magic (which is basically 3 fast passes for 3 specific rides)
- The nighttime event and holiday parties (which give you much shorter lines to a ton of attractions)

Etc. etc. etc.

The fact is .. if you can afford club level .. another $50/day is a drop in the bucket to avoid waiting in lines with the peons ...

What is more concerning is if these guests can get 6 fast passes per day at 60 days .. plus the good neighbor hotels ... 30 Day Fast Passes for those guests not staying on site are just going to get ugly.
Yep!

If the extra 3 Fast Passes can be used on Tier 1 rides and are anytime passes, then the $50 may be worth it when Star Wars land opens.

I just priced out CL at the Poly for our typical Dec. dates and it $219 per night more than a standard room.

So for 3 FP's that is $419 per day plus tax for a family of 4.

When I read it earlier I assumed they would act like the ones guest services issues since it said they would be able to be used at any park and no mention of tiering restrictions. If so they would anytime fast passes and wouldn’t take away any FP slots at 60 or 30 days since they wouldn’t be prescheduled for a particular ride or time. This would though make the FP lines longer by dumping additional FP riders into them.

Not shocking.

Etc. etc. etc.

Well, it's $50/person/day - so family of 4 that is $200 more perday - but still probably holds true

To your last point, this (I assume) won't be a huge number of people and I thought this would just be like anytime FP not that they would have to reserve them 60 days out (so still would be 3 FP being reserved by these people and then they just have 3 more they can use whenever, whereever)

If so they would anytime fast passes and wouldn’t take away any FP slots at 60 or 30 days since they wouldn’t be prescheduled for a particular ride or time. This would though make the FP lines longer by dumping additional FP riders into them.

Unless they figure that it will be used for all tiery 1 rides and thus reduce the # of FP they give out for those rides to begin with ... still probably a pretty small number

I wonder if EMM would become more frequent and priced higher if this takes off?

The 2 things that would get me interested are:

1) Can you book the 3 passes at a different park? So say at 60 days out, book 3 at MK and 3 at AK.
2) Let you book at more then 60 days out, say 75 days.

Might be worth it, otherwise can't see the spending the money. Only time will tell with this one.

Three anytimes with no restrictions would be awesome! And I'd happily pay $50/person/day.

I think it is too pricey, but maybe that is the point. They want to skim some money off. 3 day minimum is the deal breaker for us, at least, and the per person charge. If you could do tier 1 (for avatar and epcot), After you complete the 3 passes, you can get more. I think they are testing it and seeing how it takes then they will see other ways to charge for fastness.

The 2 things that would get me interested are:

1) Can you book the 3 passes at a different park? So say at 60 days out, book 3 at MK and 3 at AK.
2) Let you book at more then 60 days out, say 75 days.

Might be worth it, otherwise can't see the spending the money. Only time will tell with this one.

I don't think you would have to book the extra ones at all - just show up whenever, wherever and use it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!