Club level guests can buy more fast passes?

Sorry for being on a tear--- I'm enjoying my home made Double Cross truffle olive martini's--- the ones Disney took off their menu several years ago.... just sayin....

If you are paying $1,000 a night for club-level room, what's another $50? Really they should just make the room $1,500 and include unlimited fast passes with the concierge helping you set your schedule on the day you check in.

This seems to me more of a test to gauge how people react to the charge. If they open this up to all rooms classes, the revenue gains could be more substantial.

In December we were getting Frozen, Test Track, and Soarin' multiple times per day after having used our 3 prebooked FP's. At AK we got FOP 2-3 times each day we were there as extra FP's. Sometimes we'd get off the ride and go right back through the FP line. There's not a single ride that we were not able to get as 4th+.

I find that amazing. I haven't been in the beginning of december in a long time, so I don't know how that is, but our best time is the middle of september, and I have never seen that kind of availability. I don't see how you could get the extra FP for FOP if they are all gone after the pre book? Reserved for day of? Hard to believe they would do that.....

Except it is great for those that roll into the park at 11am or later. Round of golf in the morning? No problem.
Except that the refresh option works throughout the day. A bit harder within a couple of hours of the park closing but still an option. As someone who has ditched morning FPs and re-booked using same day FPs for the group in the late afternoon it's never really been a problem.

Does it bat near 1.000 for Flight of Passage? Will it bat near 1.000 for the two Star Wars attractions? That's what I see this as - a way to get people to pay for hard to get FPs (similar to the VIP tour in AK which is basically just charger for a FP to FoP)
Same day FoP FPs are easier to score than you may realize. It may take more perseverance but very likely even on the busiest days. About 10 minutes of refreshing on MDE and I had them on a day the week before Christmas for within the hour. On a day when the parks were crowded and average FoP standby time was 3-4 hours. And then repeatedly moved the FPs back several times as we decided to go that evening (I.e. slots continued to remain open).

I'll concede on SW - that's a different and unknown animal. And agree with the thoughts on why this may be happening. Although by the same token it wouldn't surprise me in the least if somehow SW (initially) was excluded or limited under this type of program.

I find that amazing. I haven't been in the beginning of december in a long time, so I don't know how that is, but our best time is the middle of september, and I have never seen that kind of availability. I don't see how you could get the extra FP for FOP if they are all gone after the pre book? Reserved for day of? Hard to believe they would do that.....
People are constantly changing plans. If you just look once you have a very small chance of finding something. If you refresh a number of times availability for FP's will change nearly every time. For FOP on one of our days we used a FP and I started looking as soon as we tapped in. By the time we were in the lines where they separate people for the different theatres I had another FP for 10 minutes out. When we got off the ride we turned and got back into the FP line. On another one we tapped into FOP, I opened the app and refreshed only twice (about 10 seconds) and had another FOP FP for about an hour later. At HS we did TSMM 4 times in a row using FP with only one 10 minute wait (the rest we just got right back in the FP line). This trip we changed our touring style due to the success of getting additional FP's (slept in a bit and stayed away from EMH about half way through the trip).

Last edited:
People are constantly changing plans. If you just look once you have a very small chance of finding something. If you refresh a number of times availability for FP's will change nearly every time. For FOP on one of our days we used a FP and I started looking as soon as we tapped in. By the time we were in the lines where they separate people for the different theatres I had another FP for 10 minutes out. When we got off the ride we turned and got back into the FP line. On another one we tapped into FOP, I opened the app in refreshed only twice (about 10 seconds) and had another FOP FP for about an hour later. At HS we did TSMM 4 times in a row using FP with only one 10 minute wait (the rest we just got right back in the FP line). This trip we changed our touring style due to the success of getting additional FP's (slept in a bit and stayed away from EMH about half way through the trip).
Yeah... that's amazing. I am not a hang on my phone guy, so the whole thing sounds too difficult to me--- I don't even bring my phone to the parks. And it is too old to handle the new app.... good for you....

Same day FoP FPs are easier to score than you may realize. It may take more perseverance but very likely even on the busiest days. About 10 minutes of refreshing on MDE and I had them on a day the week before Christmas for within the hour. On a day when the parks were crowded and average FoP standby time was 3-4 hours. And then repeatedly moved the FPs back several times as we decided to go that evening (I.e. slots continued to remain open).

I'll concede on SW - that's a different and unknown animal. And agree with the thoughts on why this may be happening. Although by the same token it wouldn't surprise me in the least if somehow SW (initially) was excluded or limited under this type of program.

Interesting - was that for a single person or family/party of 4? Just trying to think of who might look to use this

Thanks Jimmy---- It's official...... amazing how our insiders here get the scoop ahead of time....
I think I will wait till they roll it out Friday and call Saturday and upgrade our rooms. If I read it right, I will be able to book FP+ 90 days out. That will be a game changer for sure.

I think I will wait till they roll it out Friday and call Saturday and upgrade our rooms. If I read it right, I will be able to book FP+ 90 days out. That will be a game changer for sure.
From what it said you can book them (or have to) at the time of reservation. Unfortunately it's going to cost you about 400 a night..... unless you are single traveling... or only double....
Oh and you said "rooms" .... the cost of poker goes up....

From what it said you can book them (or have to) at the time of reservation. Unfortunately it's going to cost you about 400 a night..... unless you are single traveling... or only double....
Oh and you said "rooms" .... the cost of poker goes up....
Actually it will cost us (family of 4) $80-90 a night with tax to upgrade our room from theme park view to theme park view club level. I did say rooms lol. Just one room. With the FP+ add on at $50 each we will spend between $280 and $290 a night for the nights we add the service. No need for the fast passes on our first or last night. All together about $2k.

Actually it will cost us (family of 4) $80-90 a night with tax to upgrade our room from theme park view to theme park view club level. I did say rooms lol. Just one room. With the FP+ add on at $50 each we will spend between $280 and $290 a night for the nights we add the service. No need for the fast passes on our first or last night. All together about $2k.
Cool-- like I said else where.. if it's a once in a couple year trip it's well worth it. Sounds great.

Cool-- like I said else where.. if it's a once in a couple year trip it's well worth it. Sounds great.
3rd year in a row from a long break but I doubt we will go in 2019. Our girls want to do a cruise. I like the idea of relaxing lol

I applaud Disney for essentially developing a FP+ tax on those who are too busy, lazy or uninformed to use the refresh option on MDE to get additional FPs after exhausting their original three.
Don't forget those who are too busy parenting and being fully present for their children during the family vacation to keep their noses in their phones, refreshing incessantly to try to score another FP. It seems you'd want to punish them, too.

I applaud Disney for essentially developing a FP+ tax on those who are too busy, lazy or uninformed to use the refresh option on MDE to get additional FPs after exhausting their original three. An option, I might add, which appears to be unphased by this if the three additional FPs are anytime FPs that are not booked in the system in advance. Does it help with advance planning (for those who can't stomach the risk of same-day extra FPs or need double the FPs already offered)? Sure - but until the refresh option stops batting near 1.000, it still seems like a sucker bet.

For real, there's something terribly satisfying about refreshing the MDE app and finding fastpass after fastpass for high demand rides. All while the wait time is atrocious, especially in Hollywood Studios. It's not even that difficult or time consuming. I usually have another good one lined up while waiting in the current fastpass line. My expectations aren't as high as Flight of Passage but I've gotten just about everything else including Frozenstrom (which my son really didn't appreciate) and Seven Dwarves Mine Train in MK. It's fun just to see what can be found when other people change their plans.

Don't forget those who are too busy parenting and being fully present for their children during the family vacation to keep their noses in their phones, refreshing incessantly to try to score another FP. It seems you'd want to punish them, too.

You could say that, but my son really enjoys hunting the FPs with me, but he's not a little kid either. Plenty of people plop their children in a stroller all day, how is that any different?

My daughter often says to me, Daddy, can we please stand in lines half the day instead of riding tier 1 rides over and over with no waits.

Plenty of people plop their children in a stroller all day, how is that any different?
I wouldn't do either, actually. Regardless, there is no need to punish people who choose to turn their technology off and focus on their families while at the parks. That's the kind of thing Walt had in mind when he created them.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do either, actually. Regardless, there is no need to punish people who choose to turn their technology off and focus on their families while at the parks. That's the kind of thing Walt had in mind when he created them.

Nobody's being punished, they're making a choice. It's not as if the line is closed, it's just long. I'm perfectly fine with people not knowing or caring, because that helps me. It's just that it's not that difficult, and certainly isn't $50 per person per day on top of an exorbitant rate difficult either. The option is there if people want to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter