Club level guests can buy more fast passes?

The FP charge itself is something a lot of people might consider.

However how many will pay an extra $219 per night on top of that to stay Club Level?

We go 2 weeks at at time. That's $3000 for breakfast and snacks.

UPDATE: They also get 90 days for their fast passes and special nightime viewing! Still a lot of money. Hopefully not too many people go for it, since that will mean less fp for us at 60 days.
It also allows for multiple fp for top tier attractions. Ugh.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2018/01/confi...e-show-viewing-new-theme-park-extra-offering/
Ya, I don't think I will need any additional DVC points. What very few I will have will get me a studio/one bedroom for a few nights every other year just to relax at the resorts. Maybe a trip to Hilton Head from time to time. Most likely it will be time to start to vacation elsewhere.

The FP charge itself is something a lot of people might consider.

However how many will pay an extra $219 per night on top of that to stay Club Level?

We go 2 weeks at at time. That's $3000 for breakfast and snacks.
But it will most likely trickle down to others not in Club Level. Like the other poster said, RIP- FOP at 60 days.

For $50 plus tax per Guest per day, Guests staying in eligible rooms who have purchased a 3-day or longer theme park ticket or an annual pass are able to purchase a Theme Park Extra to receive the following:

• 3 additional FastPass+ selections per day. FastPass+ attractions and arrival windows are limited. 3-day minimum purchase required.

I’m a bit confused. Earlier rumors stated there was a 3 night CL requirement, but I’m not seeing that. I see a 3 day minimum ticket requirement though... :confused3

For $50 plus tax per Guest per day, Guests staying in eligible rooms who have purchased a 3-day or longer theme park ticket or an annual pass are able to purchase a Theme Park Extra to receive the following:

• 3 additional FastPass+ selections per day. FastPass+ attractions and arrival windows are limited. 3-day minimum purchase required.

I’m a bit confused. Earlier rumors stated there was a 3 night CL requirement, but I’m not seeing that. I see a 3 day minimum ticket requirement though... :confused3
"Guests staying in eligible rooms" which they have listed. Club Level and a Bungalow

I can't see this being successful. The price is just to steep for what you are getting.

Ask yourself: if money wasn't an issue and you had the option of walking up to a ride and paying $17 per person to go to the front of the line, would you?

The express pass at Universal would be a steal compared to this.

At $17, everyone would be front of the line for FoP, 7DMT, and FEA. They would have to put some kind of limits on it. If they're going to upcharge like that, just bring back some variation of the ticket/coupon books they had before 1982.

You have to buy this for 3 days, meaning you also have to stay at a Club level for 3 nights... kind of a backwards way of saying it

Not shocking.

I am surprised it took this long. We see why they closed the hole that people were using to get extra same day fast passes.

If they offered it to ANY guest (and not just club level) .. how many of us would consider buying this?
Think of all the other things people are paying for:
- $70+ for Early Morning Magic (which is basically 3 fast passes for 3 specific rides)
- Dessert parties (which give you a better view of shows (and food).
- The nighttime event and holiday parties (which give you much shorter lines to a ton of attractions)

Etc. etc. etc.

The fact is .. if you can afford club level .. another $50/day is a drop in the bucket to avoid waiting in lines with the peons ...

What is more concerning is if these guests can get 6 fast passes per day at 60 days .. plus the good neighbor hotels ... 30 Day Fast Passes for those guests not staying on site are just going to get ugly.

Early Morning Magic also gives you a decent AYCTE Breakfast at Pinocchio's Village Haus. You can ride the rides as many times as you like and its faster than the typical FastPass lines. Peter Pan was basically walk-on and 7DMT was a few minutes tops. There's also Disney After Hours (DAH) which offers more rides and free snacks in place of Breakfast. I haven't done DAH yet, though.

I wouldn't pay for this as described. I WOULD pay $50/day per person to get SIX no strings FPs per day so that I would not have to ever schedule FP in advance. I hate that level of pre-planning. I would be willing to forfeit my advanced schedule FP if this was offered.

As long as they offer a passholder discount, I would be down with that. No more waiting around because I finished my 2nd FastPass too soon before my 3rd FastPass.

People are constantly changing plans. If you just look once you have a very small chance of finding something. If you refresh a number of times availability for FP's will change nearly every time. For FOP on one of our days we used a FP and I started looking as soon as we tapped in. By the time we were in the lines where they separate people for the different theatres I had another FP for 10 minutes out. When we got off the ride we turned and got back into the FP line. On another one we tapped into FOP, I opened the app and refreshed only twice (about 10 seconds) and had another FOP FP for about an hour later. At HS we did TSMM 4 times in a row using FP with only one 10 minute wait (the rest we just got right back in the FP line). This trip we changed our touring style due to the success of getting additional FP's (slept in a bit and stayed away from EMH about half way through the trip).

You must have some really good luck. I've only lucked into a same day FoP FastPass once. TSMM is a bit easier to find same day in my experience, though availability for the next few months is worse than usual (perhaps due to track closures to move the entrance???)

"Guests staying in eligible rooms" which they have listed. Club Level and a Bungalow

I understood which rooms were eligible. Sorry for the confusion.

You have to buy this for 3 days, meaning you also have to stay at a Club level for 3 nights... kind of a backwards way of saying it

Very backwards. They would normally state that a 3 night stay is required.

Also, the paragraph with 3 days minimum is talking about FP+. So, to me, it looks like it’s regarding tickets, not the room. Argh...

Last edited:
Will agree it makes the most sense at CL given these folks are at the top end of the money train - long term I have to think DVC owners would be next. Some of the most loyal WDW grouping and a huge potential dollar grab. Family of 5 so $250 a night for 3 more FP; have to do some sort of cost benefit analysis for the right strategy. But at say Christmas? Huge - talking way worth the $85 op. Can you split these across parks? that is the key to me - if we could hop with FPs in hand, then we are talking some value.

You must have some really good luck. I've only lucked into a same day FoP FastPass once. TSMM is a bit easier to find same day in my experience, though availability for the next few months is worse than usual (perhaps due to track closures to move the entrance???)

Definitely think the third track helped with getting extra FP for TSMM so with the third track now down not surprised that it is back to being hard to get

If these are 3 unrestricted FP, meaning no tiers, repeats are allowed, book all 3 in different parks, and anything else I’m forgetting at the moment, I can see the value in them, specifically in a park like Epcot that’s a real pain when it comes to FP in its current form. However, I don’t like the idea of booking 6 FP+ ahead of time without allowing overlap, it’s a very structured day.

I don’t think this will remain a club level only purchase, I think as many predicted we’re headed down the road of monetizing FP.

If these are 3 unrestricted FP, meaning no tiers, repeats are allowed, book all 3 in different parks, and anything else I’m forgetting at the moment, I can see the value in them, specifically in a park like Epcot that’s a real pain when it comes to FP in its current form. However, I don’t like the idea of booking 6 FP+ ahead of time without allowing overlap, it’s a very structured day.

I don’t think this will remain a club level only purchase, I think as many predicted we’re headed down the road of monetizing FP.

I think it said you can't book the same attraction twice - though not clear if you could book the same attraction if you do once with your "base" 3 and then once with the "upgrade" 3 .... I think it said they can be at a different park

I think it said you can't book the same attraction twice - though not clear if you could book the same attraction if you do once with your "base" 3 and then once with the "upgrade" 3 .... I think it said they can be at a different park

The biggest value for me (in current, pre Star Wars WDW) would still be the tiers. They haven’t mentioned that, have they?

The value drops incredibly fast for my family if we’re spending the day at Epcot for example, and paying $50 per person for FEA...... Nemo and Spaceship Earth. Although the idea of someone not knowing better and doing that anyways is a little funny.

The biggest value for me (in current, pre Star Wars WDW) would still be the tiers. They haven’t mentioned that, have they?

The value drops incredibly fast for my family if we’re spending the day at Epcot for example, and paying $50 per person for FEA...... Nemo and Spaceship Earth. Although the idea of someone not knowing better and doing that anyways is a little funny.

I had the impression that there would be no tiering restrictions for the "purchased" 3 FP (but would apply to the "base" 3FP) - but agree, that is a detail that is key.

And you would only need to use all 6 at EPCOT if you didn't have hoppers - otherwise could plan the extra 3 elsewhere - but your base 3 would have to all be in one park

Not shocking.

I am surprised it took this long. We see why they closed the hole that people were using to get extra same day fast passes.

If they offered it to ANY guest (and not just club level) .. how many of us would consider buying this?
Think of all the other things people are paying for:
- $70+ for Early Morning Magic (which is basically 3 fast passes for 3 specific rides)
- Dessert parties (which give you a better view of shows (and food).
- The nighttime event and holiday parties (which give you much shorter lines to a ton of attractions)

Etc. etc. etc.

The fact is .. if you can afford club level .. another $50/day is a drop in the bucket to avoid waiting in lines with the peons ...

What is more concerning is if these guests can get 6 fast passes per day at 60 days .. plus the good neighbor hotels ... 30 Day Fast Passes for those guests not staying on site are just going to get ugly.

Hoping to drive more off-site to be on-site, I suppose?

Only read page 1 - but I would NOT pay for this. There is nothing at WDW that I "must do" other than have a beer, a decent meal, and a cozy bench. Any rides/shows, etc. are gravy for me. I think it is absolutely pricing out way too many people, though... they are going to shoot themselves in the foot (wallet) soon enough. More, more, more...without anything to back it up.

Question: there was earlier discussion (sorry, I can’t remember who said it) where someone mentioned getting same day FP for headliners with ease.

Has anyone else here had this experience? And I mean with ease, so refreshing a few times with success? We have 6 ticket holders, but we wouldn’t always all be riding together. Especially things with height limits. I’m not really concerned with FoP as we already have FP booked on that on two separate days.

The deluxe family alcove rooms at the Swan and Dolphin are not that expensive compared to the regular rooms there. I've seen that category bookable for around $400 to $500 a night. So if that category is included that would be the cheapest way to go about getting the extra fast passes.

So let's say I could book the deluxe family alcove room for $450 a night and then the extra fast passes were $150 a day for my family of 3. So $600 a night basically. That isn't totally outrageous to me. I might be willing to do it for the 3 day minimum at $1800 total. During that time I would use the fast passes for all the hardest to get rides. Then I could switch to a cheaper hotel or room category.

This is the part that troubles me. And additionally as a DVC owner, the offering of an in-park perk that I will have no (current) way to obtain when staying on points is even more troubling. Why buy points when concierge customers will have the ability to have greater access to the parks?
The reason to buy points is to get a highly discounted rate for booking deluxe resort rooms at Disney World. And if you stay club at AKV, you can use the offering when staying on points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter