Club level guests can buy more fast passes?

At $50 per person per day plus the cost of the CL room, wouldn't it just be cheaper to add a day or two onto your trip and return to the important parks a second day (maybe AKL for Pandora and DHS for SWL)?

Universal Studios makes you pay for their express pass to skip the line. They give you one for free at the high end hotels but not at the lower ones. That would be similar to Deluxe getting something instead of Value.
It would be nice if they got it for free instead of having to buy them. The price is waqy too high to be worth it.

The reason to buy points is to get a highly discounted rate for booking deluxe resort rooms at Disney World. And if you stay club at AKV, you can use the offering when staying on points.

I didn't have any illusions about what I was getting when I bought into DVC beyond prepaid/discounted accommodations. The only other thing I did expect was equal access to the parks as cash guests would have. What this potentially does is elevates cash guests (granted concierge only for now) access ABOVE what I have, which I have a problem with. I would actually have less of a problem (but still wouldn't love the idea) if they just across the board told every resort guest it's now $50 for more FP's - but who knows what that would do to the system.

And let's not kid about the supply of AKV DVC concierge rooms. :p

At $50 per person per day plus the cost of the CL room, wouldn't it just be cheaper to add a day or two onto your trip and return to the important parks a second day (maybe AKL for Pandora and DHS for SWL)?

There are some families who only have a limited time to spend at Disney World (as in can't take off work/school etc). I can see this being worth the investment for them, especially if they're going during a busier time of the year.

But who knows how many will even pay extra for this anyway. I gotta say the perks sound pretty sweet. Provided they still allow 3 free FPs for resort guests, I could see them providing the upcharge for an additional 3 for ALL Disney resort guests in future time. I still wish they would have a parkhopping option for FPs though.

Perhaps, but you wouldn't get 90 days access to book FP not reserved viewing for the fireworks included

Hmmm, tomorrow I am at 90 days before my CL stay in April. Something to at least think about. We fall into the category of people that dont go multiple times a year, so being able to maximize the time is interesting.

What a rip off. For our family of 5, it would be an extra $250/DAY??? If we spent 5 days in the park, that's an extra $1250. Sorry, that is ridiculous for just 3 fastpasses per day when you are already paying top dollar to stay on Disney property. If money is NO object, I guess it's fine but out of most peoples budget.

What a rip off. For our family of 5, it would be an extra $250/DAY??? If we spent 5 days in the park, that's an extra $1250. Sorry, that is ridiculous for just 3 fastpasses per day when you are already paying top dollar to stay on Disney property. If money is NO object, I guess it's fine but out of most peoples budget.

See that is the thing, its purely optional and something some will pay for and some will never consider. Its going to be tested and time will tell if it is something people will pay for or not.

I can say I was very tempted, but I think I'm going to pass. $600 is A LOT of money. Our kids are young too (9 and 4) so where I'd use it is only on Avatar. I like the 90 day thing. That being said, if this is going on with Star Wars land opens up, then we may need to reconsider it. I think I may switch to park hoppers instead so we can head back to Animal kingdom a second day.

I also agree that it is the per person AND per day charge that got me. My 4 year old can't ride all the rides we fastpass but I'd still have to pay $150 for him.

I think if it were a very busy time, a shorter trip, and/or we were riding lots of high in demand rides then that would be different.

As DVC just raised their prices per pt ($6 on all but Vero and more on others (BCV, VGF, PVB, etc.)). It would seem that this would be an excellent things to roll out as a perk for DVC members and especially to help DVC Guides sell the new inventory vs. resale. They could even put a minimum purchase to get this benefit but the issue is the grandfathering as they already have three levels of customers given the perk changes. I could also see this as a new AP (the Platinum Plus Plus). All of that said, you know there will be limitations on this stuff. No way they will let you book FoP six times or even possibly two.

After rolling this around in my head, this is what I've come to for me and future trips:

If this meant better fp opportunities NOT at 90 days out (I'm seriously never going to plan a WDW trip that far in advance and in 30+ adult trips never have); for 2 adults, the $200 CL up-charge and the $50 pp, plus the amenities of CL, I could see some trips were this would make sense on a per hour basis for me. I'd RATHER stay at the Swolphin, get/use points and have 24 hour room service (does CL have 24 hour room service?) and easy access to my favorite restaurants but depending on my next travel companion, this might push the YC or CR CL to the forefront for me. I can see trips where I would like this a lot and others where the $ wouldn't be worth it. I like the idea of it being an option. That being said, I'd likely pay for a similar VIP experience ala Pandora for SWL than this and I could stay anywhere:) Just saying, the cost doesn't seem crazy, but WDW Deluxe is just so subpar, I don't see going back for the money; if I did, it'd be to take advantage of this, so maybe WDW is on to something. I think they keep those hotels full though so my business hardly matters.

I didn't have any illusions about what I was getting when I bought into DVC beyond prepaid/discounted accommodations. The only other thing I did expect was equal access to the parks as cash guests would have. What this potentially does is elevates cash guests (granted concierge only for now) access ABOVE what I have, which I have a problem with. I would actually have less of a problem (but still wouldn't love the idea) if they just across the board told every resort guest it's now $50 for more FP's - but who knows what that would do to the system.

And let's not kid about the supply of AKV DVC concierge rooms. :p

Ok. I could see the point of the post-- just not of singling out DVC points purchases-- A better statement (if one is of like opinion) would be "whats the point of going to Disney if I can't get equal access"...

And while the AKV club supply is extremely small, I manage to stay every year.

And for the record I would never pay this price for FP's I don't think anyone will even know it has changed. Just like all the tours that provide access to rides-- that has been going on for ever and no one complains.

The thing is .. this is being targeted at people with money to spare.
Most of "us" wouldn't pay for this. But this is targeted at people with big budgets.

If you have the budget and willing to spend $400-500+/day for a club level room, an extra $50/day/person is a drop in the bucket.
If you have the lifestyle that can afford a club level room, then you are used to paying for convenience. Which --- getting 3 fast passes at 90 days that can be used anywhere is --- VERY convenient.

It is already hard enough to get the "tough" fast passes at 60 days because the "big budget" people book 7-10 day stays. Now add in good neighbor hotels getting them at 60 days and a few club level rooms getting them at 90 days .. will just make these the big fast passes harder and harder to get.

It is PRETTY obvious they are gearing up for the demand Toy Story Land and SWGE and the other new big attractions (Guardians, Ratatouille, Tron) will bring. If the difficulty of getting FOP is any indication, imagine when all the new rides hit.

So they are testing out options to let people get to the front of the line with these 90 days fast passes.

Brilliant business decision, but stinks for the rest of us who never would pay that.

definitely - but staying CL at a Deluxe is already out of most people's budget ... heck, going to Walt Disney World at all is out of a lot of peopel's budget

And there are those people that tacking this on isn't really a big deal, and to Disney, there is very little extra cost to this, so almost pure profit - so they don't need to sell a ton of them to make it worth while

And also 5 people for 5 days is a lot ... but what about 2 people for 3 days who want to ensure they get on Flight of Passage and, when they open, the two Star Wars attractions, etc. without stressing at 60 days out, etc.? That would be $300 extra and probably more worth it

That being said, I'd likely pay for a similar VIP experience ala Pandora for SWL than this and I could stay anywhere:)

The more I think about it and the more the cost of onsite hotels goes up I am thinking this becomes a better and better idea. One could stay at the Swolphin or one of the Disney Springs resorts or even an off site time share and save more money than what that VIP tour would cost vs staying on site and *hoping* to get the FP at 60 days out

Granted I am sure others are thinking this way as well and why the SWL version of what they did at AK will be 3 times the cost

The more I think about it and the more the cost of onsite hotels goes up I am thinking this becomes a better and better idea. One could stay at the Swolphin or one of the Disney Springs resorts or even an off site time share and save more money than what that VIP tour would cost vs staying on site and *hoping* to get the FP at 60 days out

Granted I am sure others are thinking this way as well and why the SWL version of what they did at AK will be 3 times the cost

I would like to see a version of Early Morning Magic (EMM) or Disney After Hours (DAH) at every park (without cutting Regular/EMH hours). That would be a lot more affordable than a VIP Tour and still give people a decent chance at doing the new rides/lands. Throw in a decent breakfast like they do at MK for EMM and I would spend the money.

I would like to see a version of Early Morning Magic (EMM) or Disney After Hours (DAH) at every park (without cutting Regular/EMH hours). That would be a lot more affordable than a VIP Tour and still give people a decent chance at doing the new rides/lands. Throw in a decent breakfast like they do at MK for EMM and I would spend the money.

Frankly, I am surprised they haven't done it yet. I could see them just eliminating more EMH and just doing this. This is probably way more profitable since they don't have to open the entire park and staff it for a whole hour early.

Epcot:
Breakfast at Askerhus?, meet and greet with Anna and Elsa (with special guest Olaf!), unlimited rides on Test Track, FEA and Gran Fiesta Tour.

AK:
Breakfast at Tiffins?, early access to Pandora and unlimited rides on the rides there. (Maybe costs less since you only get two rides.)

DHS:
Breakfast at ABC Commissary?, with unlimited rides on all the Toy Story rides with meet and greets with Buzz, Woody and Jessie.

I would pay for ANY one of those in a heartbeat on my next trip to save the headache of trying to get Fast Passes for those rides, plus I think it would be fun to be in those parks when it is relatively empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter