Club Level?

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
So many moons ago we booked at GF right before the villas officially opened in 2013. But when we booked member services said that for a certain fee we would get access to the club level. So we paid whatever the additional fee was because we were staying in a studio. Now we're looking to book again but the only option I see for club level is at AKV. Does anyone know how we can go about getting access to club level at the other resorts and what the fee might be? thanks!

There is no way to get club level when staying on points at a DVC villa, other than AKV.

I believe if you own qualified points and want to book a regular club level room, there are options but it is crazy expensive...if it even an option

There is no way to get club level when staying on points at a DVC villa, other than AKV.

I believe if you own qualified points and want to book a regular club level room, there are options but it is crazy expensive...if it even an option

The stay in 2013 was booked with points but we also had about 900 points from a BWV contract we hadn’t used. And I think the reservation ate all of them up. I do remember the woman DH spoke to at MS thought he was absolutely crazy to use the points like that. And we had to pay a small fee OOP in addition to the points. I may need to give MS a call to see if we can do something like that again.

The stay in 2013 was booked with points but we also had about 900 points from a BWV contract we hadn’t used. And I think the reservation ate all of them up. I do remember the woman DH spoke to at MS thought he was absolutely crazy to use the points like that. And we had to pay a small fee OOP in addition to the points. I may need to give MS a call to see if we can do something like that again.

Did you convert the points to hotel points and pay the $95 fee?

With all due respect for your DH, the CM from MS was right :D. Why don't you rent your points with a broker (super easy) and use the proceedings to book a cash club level room? You'll come up way ahead.

With all due respect for your DH, the CM from MS was right :D. Why don't you rent your points with a broker (super easy) and use the proceedings to book a cash club level room? You'll come up way ahead.

It probably was but at the time we hadn't travelled in a few years and the points were going to expire. And we're coming up on a similar situation to that again. We've looked into renting out the points but we're not comfortable with that. We've heard stories of bills not being paid and damage to the room and it falling on the member and we're not willing to risk it right now

Well, as you say, they're stories. Most of them are fiction. Thousands of rentals occur every year with none of that happening, for a total of 1 or 2 that occur.

That's good to know for the future. It's still not something we're completely comfortable with right now. Maybe we'll reconsider down the line though.

It sounds like what you did was use your points to stay at Club Level at the Grand Floridan and they were converted to reservation points that allowed you to do this.

So, it was not a DVC reservation, but rather a Disney Collection reservation paid with points. Those include the $95 fee, which would make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!