CM on tram arguing with lady best excitement of the day...

Are all of the tram operators Disney CM's, or do they sometimes contract out to other companies? I ask this because a few times during our trip last week we had charter buses provide transportation from AoA to the parks, mostly in the early mornings. The first time it happened we thought it was odd to see a charter bus pull up at the stop and asked the driver if that was the Epcot bus, and it was. When we got to the entrance gates, he had to stop at the window and show them some credential Disney had provided him to prove that he was driving for them. Has anyone else experienced this?

Are all of the tram operators Disney CM's, or do they sometimes contract out to other companies? I ask this because a few times during our trip last week we had charter buses provide transportation from AoA to the parks, mostly in the early mornings. The first time it happened we thought it was odd to see a charter bus pull up at the stop and asked the driver if that was the Epcot bus, and it was. When we got to the entrance gates, he had to stop at the window and show them some credential Disney had provided him to prove that he was driving for them. Has anyone else experienced this?

They only time I had this happen was with a Mears bus with DME which was less than magical as he left my suitcase at AOA & when we got to Pop he acted like I never gave him a suitcase. Then said he'd "do me a favor & drive me back to AOA since most drivers wouldn't do this." Um you should as it was your fault. Guess what? Bell services took my bag as it was left abandoned in front of AOA & I got it back within minutes. We all make mistakes, but he tried to blame me & was not nice about it.

Back in April I had a Disney bus driver stop for 2 seconds at DTD, and before anyone could board, he closed the door and drove off. The people in front of me complained to the CM's working the bus depot, but they all just shrugged their shoulders and said there was nothing they could do.

Yea that's pretty much what Disney CM's do these days, just shrug their shoulders.

Having worked as a CM for many years, I have heard and seen many guests exaggerate or change their stories/complaints to get more sympathy, or make their plight seem worse. Not saying that is what OP is doing here, but it happened a LOT. CMS are also to blame sometimes, as well. I had one gentleman become upset when we asked him to fold his stroller before getting on the monorail. Three days later, the supervisor reported the guest's story now claimed 2 CMs shoved his pregnant wife onto the monorail, and we snatched his stroller from him. Once the monorail was departing, we supposedly flipped them off. So I'm always a little skeptical the more dramatic the stories become.

How is this relevant to this particular thread? Clearly this isn't what happened so I'm not sure how this fits except to serve as a Disney CM apologist. There have been countless threads on the Dis over the past 2 years about the decline in CM quality and I've experienced it first hand. But mysteriously enough, almost all of those threads get shut down.

If you need training to know that yelling at a customer and calling someone stupid is wrong, you shouldn't be working in customer service. I'm using the universal you, not directed at poster.

Amen. That kinda of behaviour/reaction isn't lack of training...some people are just jerks when either stressed, tired, or sometimes...just jerks.

I don't know if this is good or bad, but just got back from an 8 day trip to WDW and didn't notice the CM's at all. I did notice that almost every CM is now a college student who will be out of there in a short time. Also, I did slip and fall at Kidani because the carpet was wet (due to leaky windows) and as soon as I stepped on the smooth carpetless floor I went down fast and partially ripped a toenail off. Told a couple of uninterested CMs at the non-busy front desk and one of them gave me a bandaid to stop me from bleeding all over. As wife and I were talking it over a nice lady who I think worked in the cleaning crew and actually cared came over to make sure I was OK and find out what exactly happened. The next day they put a blow drier out with the carpet pulled back and added a rug to the smooth floor. That was actually a good thing to do because I'd be shocked if I was the only to have ever fallen at that spot.

First rule in premise liability: notice of condition. You probably were the first person to inform them of the condition. They took remedial actions to rectify it. That defense will stand in a court of law. If it's been going on for an extended period of time, and they've been informed of the condition, and yet continue to go on doing business, then there's merit to the claim.

The uninterested CM's....well, that's a different story.

Having worked as a CM for many years, I have heard and seen many guests exaggerate or change their stories/complaints to get more sympathy, or make their plight seem worse. Not saying that is what OP is doing here, but it happened a LOT. CMS are also to blame sometimes, as well. I had one gentleman become upset when we asked him to fold his stroller before getting on the monorail. Three days later, the supervisor reported the guest's story now claimed 2 CMs shoved his pregnant wife onto the monorail, and we snatched his stroller from him. Once the monorail was departing, we supposedly flipped them off. So I'm always a little skeptical the more dramatic the stories become.

Amen. I handled premise liability claims for many of the major airports in the country a few years back. The stories the claimants told vs. what police reports, janitorial reports, safety reports, witness reports were often greatly exaggerated. In some cases, outright lies. It's amazing what people will do if they think they can profit from a situation.

Yea that's pretty much what Disney CM's do these days, just shrug their shoulders.

How is this relevant to this particular thread? Clearly this isn't what happened so I'm not sure how this fits except to serve as a Disney CM apologist. There have been countless threads on the Dis over the past 2 years about the decline in CM quality and I've experienced it first hand. But mysteriously enough, almost all of those threads get shut down.

Maybe because people complain about employees who are not CMs (like the above Magical Express bus driver) but lump them all in together and go Look At How Bad The CMs Are!!!?

Maybe because people complain about employees who are not CMs (like the above Magical Express bus driver) but lump them all in together and go Look At How Bad The CMs Are!!!?

They only time I had this happen was with a Mears bus with DME which was less than magical as he left my suitcase at AOA & when we got to Pop he acted like I never gave him a suitcase. Then said he'd "do me a favor & drive me back to AOA since most drivers wouldn't do this." Um you should as it was your fault. Guess what? Bell services took my bag as it was left abandoned in front of AOA & I got it back within minutes. We all make mistakes, but he tried to blame me & was not nice about it.

Are you speaking to what I was saying? I clearly stated my issue was with Mears who is clearly not a Disney employee. I replied to a quote talking about subcontracted transport.

If I'm confused & this is not related what I said, no worries! Though in actuality no worries anyways.

Are you speaking to what I was saying? I clearly stated my issue was with Mears who is clearly not a Disney employee. I replied to a quote talking about subcontracted transport.

If I'm confused & this is not related what I said, no worries! Though in actuality no worries anyways.

Nope not speaking to you but to the poster who thinks Magical Express bus drivers are CMs.

I haven’t experienced any unpleasant CM’s in our years of attending. I would definitely have been in shock to have been treated that way.

Sorry it went rough with he CMs. They should be trained that even if someone did cut the line, it's better to just let it go and move on. It will get everyone taken care of faster. The "Unless you're stupid..." comment is really uncalled for!

There's really no winning here. Obviously the lady in question was not cutting, however the CM will get yelled at either way if she actually was cutting. You're kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't. There's obviously a right and wrong way to address the guest, but the CM is in a Lose/Lose situation here.

Yes we had the same experience at POR last month. Coach buses were used for the parks with early openings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter