Coast to Coast Disneyland, Disneyworld & RunDisney Trip Planning - HELP!!

Sinders99

Mouseketeer
Hi All. So as many of us Aussie Disney tragics do, hubby and I went on our once in a lifetime Disneyworld trip last September and of course came back and immediately started planning our very next trip. So much for once in a lifetime!!

So since coming back I've found a love for all things running and recently ran my very first Half Marathon and completed the Disney Virtual Running Shorts series of 5km events (the medals are AMAZING!!). It's really ignited a fire under my previously big backside to run a real RunDisney event and collect more of those big beautiful medals that Disney do so well!! So I started looking at events and decided that Wine & Dine 2019 was going to be the race for me. So all our tip planning is focused around that race weekend.

So I'm hoping someone else out there has run a RunDisney event after a long haul flight and can give me some advice on how to plan our holiday around it?

The Wine & Dine Marathon is 3 consecutive days over the first full weekend in November. So for 2019 that should be 5km = Friday 8th, 10km = Saturday 9th & Half Marathon = Sunday 10th. My thoughts were that we would stop for a week in Disneyland/Anaheim on the way over (26 Oct - 2 Nov) and then Disneyworld for 2 weeks (2 - 16 Nov) and finally a week at Universal Orlando (16 - 23 Nov).

At Disneyland we hope to take in one of the last few Halloween parties and in Disneyworld we plan to go to one of the first few Christmas Parties. Plus we'll have Wine & Dine going on at EPCOT and of course the races.

So I'm looking for any advice from runners on how to plan around the races, how to get to them on the day, best resorts to consider onsite etc. Any advice on weather at that time of the year. Any advice on crowd numbers and what to expect.

I know it's ages away but we need to set the budget and savings plan and don't want to be caught short when the time comes :) Thanks so much all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!