Coast to Coast: what if you don't know yet?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
We didn't check C2C for the Star Wars Half but would like to leave our options open for a possible W&D 2015. If/when I register for that, can I choose it or did I miss the boat already?

We didn't check C2C for the Star Wars Half but would like to leave our options open for a possible W&D 2015. If/when I register for that, can I choose it or did I miss the boat already?

I think its more important that you check the box on the second coast registration. But if you are concerned, an email may be helpful.

You didn't miss anything. I've done multiple races at DLR and WDW within the same year and you can only earn the C2C medal once. I usually check that box each time I register for a runDisney race hoping they would make a mistake (they never do) because technically I often do C2C2C2C within the same year and I wish or think I should be given multiple C2C for the amount of money I spend on races each year (sorry for the rant).

You didn't miss anything. I've done multiple races at DLR and WDW within the same year and you can only earn the C2C medal once. I usually check that box each time I register for a runDisney race hoping they would make a mistake (they never do) because technically I often do C2C2C2C within the same year and I wish or think I should be given multiple C2C for the amount of money I spend on races each year (sorry for the rant).

This is not exactly true. You can earn a pink (Disney's version of a more female centered medal) Coast to Coast medal for completing the Princess and Tinkerbell half marathons as well as the standard for two other qualifying races.

This is not exactly true. You can earn a pink (Disney's version of a more female centered medal) Coast to Coast medal for completing the Princess and Tinkerbell half marathons as well as the standard for two other qualifying races.

Okay, I knew someone was going to bring this up. Yes, this is true but this is only a recent occurance.

I believe the faqs tell us that it isn't required to check it off for the first one.

Agreed. I would have considered Avengers more of we could have gotten two c2c medals. I don't like female centric races (Disney races already are, and I don't like falsely holding back men to make females feel better...physiology is what it is and batting men from winning doesn't make us faster than we are) so I won't be doing the pink races. You should get as many c2c medals as you do IMO.

I never put any thought into it, but that is sad. Hey, if you run 4 different races between the two parks and earned 2 coast to coast, even if the same one, then you should be rewarded. Not like the races are free, you've paid for that medal time and time and time and time and time and time...... again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter