Coat in a stuff sack and security

loutoo

Mouseketeer
My wife and daughters all have warm coats that fit in stuff sacks about the size of a jar of peanut butter (think back-packing sleeping bag but smaller) They plan on taking these on our trip in Early January. We have traveled this time of year before and understand the unpredictability of the weather.

When not being worn the plan is to have them in our clear plastic park tote. My question is whether we will have to remove these from the stuff sack each time through security, or if they are likely to just examine and possibly squeeze them.

Anyone having experience with this or a similar product I would love to hear from you.

I have the same kind of jacket and yes if you do not want to go through bag check then you have to take it out, but if in a larger tote then no they will just squeeze the jackets they are looking for weapons selfie sticks and the such

I have the same kind of jacket and yes if you do not want to go through bag check then you have to take it out, but if in a larger tote then no they will just squeeze the jackets they are looking for weapons selfie sticks and the such
Thanks, I assumed that it would be a squeeze thing not pulling it out if the stuff sack. That is what I was hoping for.

Yes most likely they will just squeeze it at most. It is possible one could open it up but I doubt it

Just know that security can be very inconsistent. So what happens one time might happen different the next time. I carry camera lenses in pouches in my backpack and most of the time they ask me what it is and give it a squeeze. Every now and then I get one who needs to open and look inside. Some open every zippered pouch inside my bag, some just take a cursory look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter