Coca-Cola and Disney partner for new 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' land

The level of theming going into SWGE is insane! The fact that they could get major beverage corporations to alter their marketing is most impressive.

This on top of all of the other details we have seen in food, merchandise, and just overall theming is incredibly exciting

Surprised at the positive reaction to them - I don't like them at all. They look way to "of now" - made of the same material and same coloring. I mean, I knew coke would be in there somewhere, but maybe sell things that are more muted in color and maybe reusable bottles made of metal or ceramic or something ... something that looks like it was made in that universe, not ours

feels like everything they were trying to not do with this land ... but clearly I am in the minority

The level of theming going into SWGE is insane! The fact that they could get major beverage corporations to alter their marketing is most impressive.

This on top of all of the other details we have seen in food, merchandise, and just overall theming is incredibly exciting

To me it doesn't look like they altered their marketing it at all ... same colors, same styling, etc. yes, different language and shape, but anyone can tell that is a Coke product and made here on earth. it doesn't look like anything that would be crafted in that universe. I am rather disappointed by them

I can't believe it, but I'm totally geeking out over these bottles. The first 3 remind me of the thermal detonator in Jedi that Leia threatens Jabba with.

hvrty4iy858uyp.jpg

Last edited:
To me it doesn't look like they altered their marketing it at all ... same colors, same styling, etc. yes, different language and shape, but anyone can tell that is a Coke product and made here on earth. it doesn't look like anything that would be crafted in that universe. I am rather disappointed by them

I don't like them either. I was kinda hoping they'd go the Harry Potter route and only serve in universe related beverages there. It works for the WWOHP so I'm sure it would have worked at Galaxy's Edge too. Seeing Coke products there just takes you out of theming tbh

I don't like them either. I was kinda hoping they'd go the Harry Potter route and only serve in universe related beverages there. It works for the WWOHP so I'm sure it would have worked at Galaxy's Edge too. Seeing Coke products there just takes you out of theming tbh
If seeing coke takes you out of the world, what is it going to do when you see someone with Mickey Ears/Balloon?

I personally think these are pretty cool and the absolute most you could hope for from coke, except if they weren't sold at all.

Surprised at the positive reaction to them - I don't like them at all. They look way to "of now" - made of the same material and same coloring. I mean, I knew coke would be in there somewhere, but maybe sell things that are more muted in color and maybe reusable bottles made of metal or ceramic or something ... something that looks like it was made in that universe, not ours

feels like everything they were trying to not do with this land ... but clearly I am in the minority
I'm pretty sure there is plastic in the Star Wars galaxy. But don't worry, I am sure they'll ease your concerns and place some of these into Episode 9.

But they need easy brand recognition. People from all over the world travel to Disney and they’ll still be able to instantly tell “that’s a Coke,” no matter what language they can read. I think they altered them just enough to tell what they are but still fit in quite well. I don’t drink soda, but I can’t wait to get my hands on that water bottle!

But they need easy brand recognition. People from all over the world travel to Disney and they’ll still be able to instantly tell “that’s a Coke,” no matter what language they can read. I think they altered them just enough to tell what they are but still fit in quite well. I don’t drink soda, but I can’t wait to get my hands on that water bottle!

If that is the case then I wish they didn't have Coke there at all - why would I be able to go to Batuu and easily recognize something from our universe that doesn't exist in theirs?

Maybe not realistic but feels like all the promotion has been about how everything you can buy there will feel like it was made there and has a hand made feel like an habitant made it ... This seems so counter to that

(I do recognize that it is easy for me to say this as my family doesn't drink soda so wouldn't impact us if there were no Coke products in the land)

I think they are amazing!!! Everything is going to be themed and we are here for it!!!

I can make myself easily believe that Coke products will invade other worlds eventually. So will Amazon Prime. ;)

Credit where credit is due...at first I thought the Coke announcement was gonna be another "big corporate advertising" gig....but I love the commitment to the themeing. So much so, that I spent way more on one of the Tshirts on eBay than I should have...but I don't regret it (now tomorrow, Coke will sell them from their website). My only fear now is that they cokes will be 8oz and will charge like $6 cause the plastic looks like a thermal grenade. If priced consistently with other cokes in the park, I am 100% on board.

Credit where credit is due...at first I thought the Coke announcement was gonna be another "big corporate advertising" gig....but I love the commitment to the themeing. So much so, that I spent way more on one of the Tshirts on eBay than I should have...but I don't regret it (now tomorrow, Coke will sell them from their website). My only fear now is that they cokes will be 8oz and will charge like $6 cause the plastic looks like a thermal grenade. If priced consistently with other cokes in the park, I am 100% on board.
I believe they are the same size as the Christmas ball shaped ones they sold a few years ago. That would mean they are larger than 8oz. I think around 12-13oz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!