Coca-Cola and Disney partner for new 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' land

I can't believe it, but I'm totally geeking out over these bottles. The first 3 remind me of the thermal detonator in Jedi that Leia threatens Jabba with.

hvrty4iy858uyp.jpg

Yep....I mentioned that they should have a drink in a thermal detonator a few months ago. I think they're cool looking, but wish it was Coke Zero!

If seeing coke takes you out of the world, what is it going to do when you see someone with Mickey Ears/Balloon?

I personally think these are pretty cool and the absolute most you could hope for from coke, except if they weren't sold at all.

Or how people will react when stuff is priced in US Dollars!

I agree though that they are cool.

But yeah, it's not like Disney had to bend Coca Cola's arm to convince them that a unique bottle would increase sales compared to a standard bottle. People will keep the bottles and that's it's own form of marketing.

Or how people will react when stuff is priced in US Dollars!
That’s another thing. It’s been believed they won’t have your typical Visa/MasterCard logos in the stores so maybe more Aurebesh type lettering for that too?

Those are cute even if not exactly Star Wars related. I wonder what they will cost?

Wondering how long they will keep this up. I feel like they'll have these special bottles for a few months, then we'll just start seeing regular Coke bottles slipping in. Can't imagine that Coke will want to make these indefinitely.

Wondering how long they will keep this up. I feel like they'll have these special bottles for a few months, then we'll just start seeing regular Coke bottles slipping in. Can't imagine that Coke will want to make these indefinitely.

Wonder if that is why they are basically the same as the Christmas Ornament ones they sold in the past, just with different label (and maybe top?) ... this way they get more than one use out of the actual container and they aren't making them *just* for Galaxy's Edge

Coke already makes hundreds of different bottle types and sizes. One more won’t affect them much. And this wouldn’t be the only site specific bottle of theirs.

With the tooling in place, I think you can expect a longer commitment to this product shape. I'm sure the label is just shrink wrapped around the bottle, so anything can be put in those bottles over time. I can see the caps being replaced with standard ones over time.

At home my daughter laughs at the hundreds of little Star Wars things I put on my Blu-ray bookcases. Hmm I just started buying 4K now I have something to get to put in front of the 4K blu--rays. Love it.

The land is supposed to stay thematically intact at all times so this should not be a limited engagement.

That’s another thing. It’s been believed they won’t have your typical Visa/MasterCard logos in the stores so maybe more Aurebesh type lettering for that too?

Likely, yes. It's also been rumored they've been looking at ways to change payment procedures, like maybe eliminating traditional check out lines.

Thinking about it more I'm curious how the AK cashless resort experiment has gone and whether that's under consideration for parks, specifically SWGE. It'd be difficult to pull off but there's no better time to try that at inception.

I can see checkout being pushed to cast members with mobile checkouts that roam the shops and offer a "hush hush" deal to accept USD in exchange for "credits." Rephrased, they can just call dollars" credits" on a 1:1 basis and charge your magic band or credit card the appropriate number of dollars that exchange to credits. "I charge you 3 dollars and you can have that water that costs 3 credits".... (someone pulls out five dollar bill) "what is that? We don't accept paper bills"

They can do the prices in Aurebesh with a floating exchange rate too.

It looks so cool!! Love it! And I rarely drink pop and don't collect stuff. This would motivate me to spend a snack credit just for the fun of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!