Cochlear Implant

jphilhower

Mouseketeer
My lovely wife has a cochlear implant and this is her first trip to WDW with it. I have several questions. Do any of the rides affect it. Should she take it off on roller coasters or any other rides. I plan to buy a dry box for it so it doesn't get wet.
Does anyone have any experience with the cochlear and Disney. All information is greatly appercieated.
Thanks
Jim

Can you contact the company and ask them if you need to avoid anything. Like getting it wet. Rides with Magnetic

Hi! I'm a CI user myself, so I may be able to answer some of the question. (Cochlear Nucleus 6 user here).

Depending on which CI she has, I'd say she's probably good to go on most rides. I'm cautious, and any ride that I feel is overly jerky (basically rollercoasters...maybe the Safari?), I tend to take the implant off, since I'd rather not accidentally lose it, even if I have it tethered. Depending on the magnet strength or how she secures it in place, she could be fine to wear it on those rides.

Water rides- Splash/Kali - Again this depends on the CI. The Nucleus 6 is splash-proof on it's own, I believe, so I've ridden it on Splash with no issues. Kali, I do err on the side of caution, and wear the swimming case that I have for it (the Aqua+)

Let me know if you or your wife have any additional questions regarding CI usage in the parks.

Hi! I'm a CI user myself, so I may be able to answer some of the question. (Cochlear Nucleus 6 user here).

Depending on which CI she has, I'd say she's probably good to go on most rides. I'm cautious, and any ride that I feel is overly jerky (basically rollercoasters...maybe the Safari?), I tend to take the implant off, since I'd rather not accidentally lose it, even if I have it tethered. Depending on the magnet strength or how she secures it in place, she could be fine to wear it on those rides.

Water rides- Splash/Kali - Again this depends on the CI. The Nucleus 6 is splash-proof on it's own, I believe, so I've ridden it on Splash with no issues. Kali, I do err on the side of caution, and wear the swimming case that I have for it (the Aqua+)

Let me know if you or your wife have any additional questions regarding CI usage in the parks.

Thank you for the information. My wife wears the Kanso. She does have it theathered with the hair clip. Her magnet strength is 2. I see by your time line you will be there mid May. Our trip is the 15th thru the 21st of May.

I know this thread is a little old but it's the most recent in my search. I am most likely going to get a CI in January and was curious if there are any issues with any magnets on any rides at WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!