Cocktails at other MK restaurants now available -

Just saw this in my Yahoo feed and I came on here to see the reaction. Personally, I am ok with TS having alcohol. If you want to have a glass of wine or a beer with your sit down meal, your aim is not to get trashed. I think crossing the line would be CS and kiosks selling. Then it just becomes drinking around the lands.

It’s actually been going on for a while now - just that recently the last two TS (Plaza and Crystal Palace) now have it. So far haven’t seen any negative reports

Personally I like this and will take advantage of it, though also was fine without it. I do think it would be different if/when they move to having like beer carts on MainSt - but if just at the table service restaurants I don’t see it as a big deal

I like it, though I wish there were some cocktails with liquor at TS restaurants, too. A nice rum punch would be awesome at Skippers Canteen. I wouldn't mind alcohol at counter service restaurants, either. Or a Dole float with rum.

I like it, though I wish there were some cocktails with liquor at TS restaurants, too. A nice rum punch would be awesome at Skippers Canteen. I wouldn't mind alcohol at counter service restaurants, either. Or a Dole float with rum.

I agree about the mixed drinks for Skipper's Canteen - feels like some of the Trader Sam's type things would be great there.

The tricky part with Quick Service is then there is no way to prevent people from just wandering around the park with a beer or whatever and with the crowds at MK I think that could be problematic (just picturing the outcry if someone who was waiting an hour for the parade gets a beer spilled on them)

Maybe at some of the indoor ones like Columbia House Harbor or Pinnichio's Haus it could work though

The tricky part with Quick Service is then there is no way to prevent people from just wandering around the park with a beer or whatever and with the crowds at MK I think that could be problematic (just picturing the outcry if someone who was waiting an hour for the parade gets a beer spilled on them)

This was my problem with it. Some people are going to turn the CS into their bar. Jumping in line just for a beer and then stumbling around MK.

This was my problem with it. Some people are going to turn the CS into their bar. Jumping in line just for a beer and then stumbling around MK.

The other 3 parks have alcohol at the walk up QS locations and it's not a problem there, so I don't see why it would be any more of an issue at MK.

The other 3 parks have alcohol at the walk up QS locations and it's not a problem there, so I don't see why it would be any more of an issue at MK.

The issue I see is the crowds at MK vs the other parks

For example, The Magic Kingdom gets 60%+ more guests than EPCOT (20.5m vs 12.2m), but EPCOT is near 3 times as large as far as number of acres (300 acres vs 107 acres) ... just see a lot more challenges in not spilling drinks

The issue I see is the crowds at MK vs the other parks

For example, The Magic Kingdom gets 60%+ more guests than EPCOT (20.5m vs 12.2m), but EPCOT is near 3 times as large as far as number of acres (300 acres vs 107 acres) ... just see a lot more challenges in not spilling drinks
True, but I'd say your odds of being spilled on by a kid at MK are much greater than by a drunk adult

I would have enjoyed this more a few.....ahem....years ago. Now I don't imbibe that much anymore, a glass of wine occasionally. I guess it will be nice to have the option.

Excited about this as we are doing Crystal Palace one evening and it will be nice to have a glass of wine to finish the day out with our meal.

Personally I don't see any problem with it. I'm not so sure about beer carts on Main St :) but otherwise think the QS and TS location should serve with no issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter