Cocoa Beach hotel suggestions?

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
We are planning a beach trip next year that will include Kennedy Space Center, so we are looking at Cocoa Beach, but are up for suggestions for beaches not too far away. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel for under $150/night in Cocoa Beach or surrounding, or a even another beachy area? Would like a good pool too. We will have our car so driving isn't an issue.

We like the Hampton Inn (I'm a bit of a broken record, I admit, because I stay in them often). It has the usual free breakfast but the Cocoa one is owned by the same outfit that owns the Marriott courtyard right next door (as in 50 yards away literally) so you can use that pool and hot tub complex and even order room service from there. We enjoy the lunch at the Cafe at the courtyard. Good healthy options. It's not directly oceanfront but it's just a very brief walk down a little boardwalk to the beach (no crossing busy streets or anything like that) and you can see the beach from the room balconies. All of that and it's generally not too expensive, either.

We love the Best Western in Cocoa - the oceanfront one. I just booked ocean front rooms for August and they were 170. Non-ocean front ran from 113 - 158...

Not sure on the pool, however - we just hit the beach. I believe there are 2 of them...

Make sure you book a hotel in Cocoa BEACH, not Cocoa. Cocoa is a separate town & across two rivers from Cocoa Beach.

I booked Sandcastles Unit 306 for my KSC/Beach trip coming up in June. I've not been to Cocoa Beach since I was a very little kid, and I think it was a "driving through" situation heading to Daytona from Orlando. I was looking at BW, but then two rooms for four of us (who want space!) would have doubled the cost from $1125 to $2250 and that's just way too much. We rented it for $1215.92 for 5 days in mid-June.... but we had much less to choose from than you do as our availability was set to those specific days.

The owner has a bunch of units in this place, but it seemed the most economical for four adults instead of renting two rooms. (Plus, this one has an oceanfront balcony, which is something we all want.)

Look into some of the Condo rentals through HomeAway or VRBO-- you can look up your planned dates for next summer and check pricing. A lot of good rentals for $100-175/night for full space.

Daytona Beach is quite far away for a trip to Kennedy, but if you're ever there for the beach, I wholeheartedly recommend the BW Aku Tiki.

Look into some of the Condo rentals through HomeAway or VRBO-- you can look up your planned dates for next summer and check pricing. A lot of good rentals for $100-175/night for full space.
We did this for our 2017 trip-did a beach weekend between Disney/Universal weeks. Got a fabulous 2 bedroom condo, block from beach, close to pier but not close enough to get all the beach traffic. Condo fully stocked for everything you'd need at the beach too! Our complex didn't have a pool, but not a deal breaker as we spent days at beach.

What are your requirements? We stayed at a "motel" type resort Called International Palms for the Falcon Heavy Launch, and it was actually a great place for kids.
The rooms are just...motel rooms. Clean, but aged. They have a big pool, tons of beach, a beachside restaurant, beachside bar, rentals, fire pits, tennis courts, etc... I pricelined it the day of the launch.

I'm not saying it was fancy. I will say my kid loved it. (just took my oldest son, and grandad)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!