CocoCay Waterpark

skwak

Can't wait to work for Mickey someday!!
Can anyone provide some feedback on the waterpark? Is it fun? A good value? Half day or whole day? Good for teens and younger kids only?

Thanks!

We are sailing in November and plan on a 1/2 day at the water park. Can’t wait to hear reviews. :)

It is supposed to open in May. I haven't been keeping up with if it is on time. I know my 9-year-old would say he needs a whole day if I asked him. I think, given the pricing I have seen, it is a good value. I mean a whole day isnt twice the price of the half day. I guess if there are other things you want to do though a half day would suffice. I think I remember seeing some kind of package deal with a few activities for one price.

Wow, the website makes it seem like it has been open for a while. Our cruise will put us there in early July so if they are on schedule, it should be an option for us.

I agree that the price is not prohibitive especially if you are only paying for the kids. It looks like it is $35 for the half day and $47 for the full day if we book now. If the place is noce and is not completely jammed full then that price is reasonable.

I may book and wait for the reviews.

Thanks!

Things in general seem to be behind with the CoCO Cay construction (e.g. pier was supposed to be ready last Sept and think it just opened?). So hoping the waterpark will be opened when we go in August. But even if not, that pool is open now and looks amazing. Plus, the beach there is nice (not as beautiful as the beaches we've been to in Roatan and St Thomas, but still nice).

As for value, it's funny as our 1/2 day cost for our Anthem cruise = same price as our full day cost for our Navigator cruise. Either way though, if you have kids, it looks like it'll be pretty good. Many other things there too so up to you if full day or half day is worth it.

Things in general seem to be behind with the CoCO Cay construction (e.g. pier was supposed to be ready last Sept and think it just opened?). So hoping the waterpark will be opened when we go in August. But even if not, that pool is open now and looks amazing. Plus, the beach there is nice (not as beautiful as the beaches we've been to in Roatan and St Thomas, but still nice).

As for value, it's funny as our 1/2 day cost for our Anthem cruise = same price as our full day cost for our Navigator cruise. Either way though, if you have kids, it looks like it'll be pretty good. Many other things there too so up to you if full day or half day is worth it.

It doesn't sound like they are that much behind schedule. A lot of the waterslides are already up.

It doesn't sound like they are that much behind schedule. A lot of the waterslides are already up.

Thanks. That's great to hear. I'm guessing for the pier, there is a lot of ground work and infrastructure that had to be done, and Royal said they had weather issues that put them behind. I imagine with all the pieces for the slides, etc, it doesn't take too long to put together.

It wont let me upload photos from the last week, but it's well on the way.
In a side note, the food is really good, the floating bar is fun, and I really like the option of a pool!

Yeah I'm going to have a book a cruise just for this port... even though we really prefer Carnival right now... Maybe a Mariner combined with Disney or Universal trip? I'll have to work on that :)

Yeah I'm going to have a book a cruise just for this port... even though we really prefer Carnival right now... Maybe a Mariner combined with Disney or Universal trip? I'll have to work on that :)

We're doing Universal + Mariner in October! :D

Wow, the website makes it seem like it has been open for a while. Our cruise will put us there in early July so if they are on schedule, it should be an option for us.

I agree that the price is not prohibitive especially if you are only paying for the kids. It looks like it is $35 for the half day and $47 for the full day if we book now. If the place is noce and is not completely jammed full then that price is reasonable.

I may book and wait for the reviews.

Thanks!
Pricing is "dynamic", so how much it is depends apparently on when you go. I've seen posts on other sites of it being over $100 for the day. (ETA: That is for the big tall slides)

I haven't decided if we will go to the water park or not for our next trip. It is pretty expensive to pay for the whole family to get in. We didn't even use the slides on the ship last time. There are enough other things to do on the island (and on the ship), I will have to wait and read reviews about it once it is opened.

We have a Mariner Cruise in June specifically to try what’s new at Coco Cay.

(Unofficial) Royal Caribbean Blog did a nice write up on the costs.

Here's the free stuff:
upload_2019-4-14_16-46-30.png
I've heard that the Snack Shack includes funnel cakes, which a) I don't see very often on cruises, and b) yum.

Since people on this board seem to L-O-V-E their cabanas, here's the prices for those. As mentioned by @tidefan, pricing is dynamic based on reasons:
upload_2019-4-14_16-50-4.png

Activities for a fee:
upload_2019-4-14_16-54-59.png

Everything else:

upload_2019-4-14_16-56-1.png

I want to know if their pool will be heated. Will it be warm end for our new year cruise to enjoy swimming?

I'll be going to CocoCay on my May 17 Navigator cruise. I'm still very skeptical that Perfect Day will actually be open. Thankfully we have no plans to do any of the paid parts of Perfect Day, so it makes no difference to us. But I really don't want to be on a cruise with a bunch of disappointed people who booked specifically to be one of the first to see it all. Plus, I want all those people in the water park so I have less competition for the good shady spots by the beach.
We just did the same islands in November on Anthem, so I'm just looking for some shade to read in.

I'll be going to CocoCay on my May 17 Navigator cruise. I'm still very skeptical that Perfect Day will actually be open. Thankfully we have no plans to do any of the paid parts of Perfect Day, so it makes no difference to us. But I really don't want to be on a cruise with a bunch of disappointed people who booked specifically to be one of the first to see it all. Plus, I want all those people in the water park so I have less competition for the good shady spots by the beach.
We just did the same islands in November on Anthem, so I'm just looking for some shade to read in.
I hope it works out that it is opened!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter