• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

codes during Feb break??

d4est

<font color=orange><b>The Tag Fairy is really Ghos
I am planning for our 06 vacation. I am still up in the air about on site/off site. Is it typical to see any codes during the typical winter break (President's day week)?

We do have AAA, so that might help. How much of a difference do the codes make? IE. with a general public code, what would AKL go for during that week?

Thanks!

Yes, There have been codes available during Presidents week. AP codes definitely, general codes I am not so sure about. The prices have gone up a bit for that time frame, Presidents week used to be considered regular season, and now it is considered peak season. It could be worthwhile to purchase one AP ( think even a child's would do) to receive the discount. :sunny:
Also, FYI, the crowds were practically non existant beginning the Tuesday after the holiday. Huge crowds the Thursday - Monday of the holiday week. If you can, plan to arrive just after the holiday. We have been there the last three years for Prez. week and each time the crowds were reflective of the above.

If you are thinking of staying at AKL and will be there for 5 or more nights, more than likely an AP code (if offered) will be your best bet even with the cost of an AP figured in. If there are general codes, it depends on what they offer at the time if that will be the better deal. You can get an idea of past AP rates at this site but keep in mind that if the trend we saw with this most recent round of AP rates continues, expect the rates this year to be higher than those from past years.

Thanks for the info and link. We are now considering renting points from a DVC member, hoping to get a studio at BWV or OKW. I am hoping for 5 nights at around $600. This would be close to mod AP price, and we would have an onsite *nice* room with a BALCONY! I like balconies.

Last vac. we spent $200/night to stay at Universal's RPR, but tickets are a lot cheaper and we got FOTL, so the price was justified. With Dis tickets costing considerably more (understandably...more parks), I can't afford $200/night. Plus, we want to fly this time. We have driven 3 years now. So travel $ will be doubled. Gotta find something for around $600 that we can be happy with.

Thanks again!

Mich Mouse said:
Yes, There have been codes available during Presidents week. AP codes definitely, general codes I am not so sure about. The prices have gone up a bit for that time frame, Presidents week used to be considered regular season, and now it is considered peak season. It could be worthwhile to purchase one AP ( think even a child's would do) to receive the discount. :sunny:
Also, FYI, the crowds were practically non existant beginning the Tuesday after the holiday. Huge crowds the Thursday - Monday of the holiday week. If you can, plan to arrive just after the holiday. We have been there the last three years for Prez. week and each time the crowds were reflective of the above.

Thank you Michmouse for this info. I will have to go to WDW in Feb. 'o6 during Pres. Week for the first time, we have always gone the week after but now our district is moving vacation to that week. We are planning to do Sun-Sun. to avoid most of that first weekend and we will avoid MK until Tues. at the earliest!

In Feb. we have always had a code, in both '02 and '04 we had general room only codes that were great savings. But I see this year there were only AP codes but in doing the math it would definitely be a significant savings to purchase one AP to get the resort discount. Plus there is a food discount too. I always book the AAA discount but 10% isn't too much of a help.

:wizard:

We stayed at WL in February 05 for $151. per night...courtyard view. I booked our ressies in November 04. It was a great rate for a lovely resort! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter