Coffee card

byanks7

Goldtimer
Is there a stand alone coffee card available on the RCCL? What would that cost and what is included with the cost. Thank you

Yes, you can pre-purchase it in the Cruise Planner under the Beverage Packages section. This card was offered for my upcoming cruise on Adventure in December, currency quoted for me in Canadian dollars.

Just some notes about the card itself:

We used one on Anthem and started a second one. From what I have read on Cruise Critic, we may be able to use up the second one on our next cruise, next month on Brilliance. The cost was about $31. Great deal, we got lattes every day.
Denise

I have one sitting in my cart at the moment! On the sharing, will it be a physical card or linked to our sea pass/wristband/whatever electronic device RCL uses? I just figured sharing was not allowed. Thanks!

I have one sitting in my cart at the moment! On the sharing, will it be a physical card or linked to our sea pass/wristband/whatever electronic device RCL uses? I just figured sharing was not allowed. Thanks!
It's a punch card

Just remember that it’s one punch per espresso shot. So a large drink may have two shots in it and therefore will cost 2 punches.

I just used the remainder of my coffee card from the Anthem on the Brilliance last week. We definitely shared it no problem. I am bringing the new one I bought on the Brilliance to use on the Serenade in September!
Denise

Just remember that it’s one punch per espresso shot. So a large drink may have two shots in it and therefore will cost 2 punches.
From what I understand that varies by ship. It wasn't the case on Independence 2 or 3 years ago. I would print out the description and fight it. It specifically says "any 15 specialty espresso based drinks" it says nothing about 15 espresso shots.

From what I understand that varies by ship. It wasn't the case on Independence 2 or 3 years ago. I would print out the description and fight it. It specifically says "any 15 specialty espresso based drinks" it says nothing about 15 espresso shots.
I agree. On Anthem they gave one punch for a large (3 shots) while on Brilliance they took 3 punches for a large.
Denise

From my limited research into it, it looks like most of the ships have followed the above...any expresso based drink in any size, but there are a couple that are doing 15 shots of expresso (Navigator of the Seas seems to be one). I do wish whatever they decide they would make it fleet wide. 15 drinks does make it a deal, 15 expresso shots mean you are paying more for the card than you would buying the drinks on their own.

Also, keep in mind that the cards aren't sold at a discount pre cruise so you can always board and purchase then if it works out to be a good deal for you.

FYI the drink card that (usually) pops up halfway through the cruise can also be shared.

If I wanted iced lattes, would that be one punch or multiple? I use my Keurig at home and am so confused when it comes to ordering coffee when I'm out places. We bought the punch card on Princess and all of our lattees were one punch. We'll be on Allure if that makes a difference. Thanks!

If I wanted iced lattes, would that be one punch or multiple? I use my Keurig at home and am so confused when it comes to ordering coffee when I'm out places. We bought the punch card on Princess and all of our lattees were one punch. We'll be on Allure if that makes a difference. Thanks!
It should be one punch for small, two for a medium, and three for a large. That is what happened to us on Brilliance last month, although in January on Anthem it was one punch per drink, regardless of size.
Denise

It should be one punch for small, two for a medium, and three for a large. That is what happened to us on Brilliance last month, although in January on Anthem it was one punch per drink, regardless of size.
Denise

Thanks. The information about the card does say 15 drinks and doesn't specify size. If they punch 3 per drink it doesn't sound like the card is worth it. Guess I'll skip it for now. Maybe I'll ask about it on the ship in October. Thanks for the reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter