Coffee machine charges

manhattan

DIS Veteran
I just read on the Universal board that Disney has started charging for use of the coffee machines- is that true? On our last trip in Sept 01 we stayed at the WL and had refillable mugs so we didn't request the coffee machine, but for our summer trip I am thinking of trying a new resort (perhaps AKL or GF) and would like to know ahead of time if they plan on charging and how much. Thanks in advance. :confused:

WDW always charged for using the coffee packets left in your room ( unless you happened to get a maid that was feeling generous!). I believe it's $5 or $6 per pack. We just bring our own filter packs and use their machine.

At the moderates they don't provide coffee packets or perhaps we've just never asked. The coffee machine itself was free, if available. It was a small 3 or 4 cup one but adequate. I know in the deluxe hotels that they do charge for the coffee packets, if used. Unless all this is changed. We were there in Nov/Dec

I think CBR is the only mod. that leaves coffee packets. They do charge you if you use them, but I think it's like $1.50. Where's Seaspray, she would know for sure.

I am still in shock, now I feel that I have to go look at all of my old room bills (yes I keep them!!) and see what we were charged. How could I have not noticed???

Wow!! I'm shocked, I can't tell you how many Westin's & Sheraton's we've stayed in & we've never paid for the coffee in the room!! Not even the Kona coffee in Hawaii... It's always been complimentary... I don't remember, does Disney put a price sheet or anything near the coffee? We've stayed at CSR & BWV's which have the coffee pots in every room... I'm even sure we used some!!

We were just at the CBR 3 weeks ago and weren't charged for coffee or the coffee maker. Last summer we weren't charged fr the coffee maker at the Poly either. The four cup pots that they provide areonly between $10 and $15 to purchase.

The CBR provides a pot for free, but if you use the coffee they leave in the room there is a charge of about $1. The packet is clearly marked that there is a charge. I personally, bring my own coffee and small filters... because I like REAL coffee - not stale coffee! LOL!

When we stayed at PO Riverside last year - there was NO coffee pot in the room - and we just brought my small travel maker and AGAIN ... my own coffee. I prefer having a 4 cup maker in the room though (like at CBR) because I like to make a pot and drink a couple of cups while I am showering and getting dressed. I don't want to wait until I go have breakfast to fill up a refillable mug.

The coffee packets left in the CSR resort are free. You can even ask housekeeping for additional packets and / or decaf.

As an FYI - at Riverside and FQ the coffee pots aren't in the room but if you call housekeeping they will bring one to your room for you to use during your stay. They are 4 cup, I think.

...didn't have a coffee pot when we stayed there also (I think it's because the sink area doesn't really have the same counter space as the other mods) but CSR definitely does. I read on another post that CBR has coffee pots, and some DIS'ers posted that they had 10-cup pots in their room! But, for the most part, the rooms come equipped with 4-cup makers. If you are unsure, you should call CRO (or the resort directly) and reuqest one, making sure to ask if there is a fee. I'm sure there is only a charge for the packets (coffee grinds, creamers, stirrers, napkins) of about $1. Good luck!!

when I stayed at AKL concierge they had a coffe and capicinno(SP?) machine

ok - every time I have ever stayed at any Disney resort including All Stars and CBR, there has been a coffe pot. I don't know if this is standard, but there has always been one there.

In 1996, they didn't charge for the coffee at CBR. In 2000 they didn't charge, in October of 2001, at CBR, we had a pot but the packets were marked $2.50 each.

DH has to have his coffee first thing in the morning. Are there coffee makers in the rooms at GF? We are staying one night std room and 3 nights concierge. Can anyone give me a clue as to what we should do for coffee..especially that first morning?

Lisa :)

...too much about GF, but if you try to locate CaliforniaDreaming she seems to be an "expert" about GF. Ask her....good luck!!:)

CaliforniaDreaming IS a GF expert, but "she" is actually a "he" ;) :p
PO and WL brought us coffeepots on request.:)

I don't know when Disney started charging for coffee packets, but they haven't always done so. We stayed at CBR a few years ago, and the coffee was free. We stayed at CSR in March, and the coffee was also free, but the maid told us it was because CSR is a convention resort. I always take a box of filter packs, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!