Coke freestyle program

Letsbgoofy

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have used this, can you tell me what is in the machines? If they are all the same, then no question needed really. I don't drink soda, but I see on the Coke website that there is Power Ade in different flavors as well as Disani water and Minute Maid lemonade in various flavors. Do the machines at Universal have these options?

TIA, trying to decide how much bottled water we will need to order.

I believe all the freestyle machines are all the same and then in addition you can get icees at places that sell them. I definitely have gotten Powerade, water, and I believe I have had lemonade. My personal favorite is peach Sprite Zero :)

Yep, I enjoyed minute maid grape mixed with soda water when we were there this past week. There's also tea, though it's not brewed. Poweraid was an option as well. The main screen lets you choose between all flavors, fruit, low or no sugar and I believe caffeine free

What is the cost?? How much are refills??? Does anyone know the break even or saving $ point? If I bought drinks w/o refillable cup how much are they??? Trying to see if it makes sense for us. We are going in August. There will be 3 or 4 of us depending on DH's tolerance level :laughing:. I was thinking of buying 2 for us to share. We are only going for 2 days.

You pay up front for the cup, depending on how many you want changes the cost. one cup is like 16 bucks, two is slightly cheaper (per cup) and 3-6 is a little cheaper again per cup. This is good for unlimited refills all day.

The cups have an RFID chip in the bottom, which is how the machines can tell if the cup is "active". Once your activation time is up you pay 8.99 plus tax to reactivate the cup for the day.

We found 2 cups worked well for our family of 4. You can get refills at both the coke station machines as well as the kiosks that have fountain access. The machines have a wide variety of options, the kiosks have a more limited menu. You can also get icees where available. I pre-bought 3 cups on Ebay then held out for the 4th prettier volcano bay cup only to find that they changed the style this year to one cup for all 3 parks. It does have a top handle which is nice. We activated the first one in VB and the lady either screwed up or it was late enough in the day we were able to use it for 2 days before it needed to be activated again.

I didn't pay attention to price point break, I knew we had invested in the cup and felt lucky to get it for 2 days the first time. It was stupid hot and humid there last week, so we really used ours for water more than anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter