Cold weather dwellers...do you escape the cold in the winter?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
I do! Here in New England the Winter can be long. One year (about 13 years ago)we took the kids to Disney over Feb. school break and a tradition was started.

We loved a mid winter escape from the cold and have somehow turned it into a yearly thing. Kids are grown, so this year dh and I are doing a 9 night cruise (flying in a few days early) and then my 23 year old daughter (teacher) is flying to meet me in Florida for her school break. DH will fly home and I will stay in Florida for another week. We plan to visit Orlando for a few days.

I am a substitute teacher, so work is very flexible and I know I am soo lucky to be able to do this.

Anybody else try to do a mid winter escape?

Use too. Kids can’t be pulled out of school now that they are older and school break is too busy and expensive.
We plan on being snowbirds in a decade when we retire.

We’re in Buffalo. We’ve gone away for spring break for about 15 years now. This is the first year we’re going away in February ( Florida) and in April (Caribbean). Now that our kids have flown the coop we can afford more trips for just the two of us!

There's a reason why the prime tourist season in tropical destinations are in winter. It's obviously not as hot and about the time when people in cold climates are looking for an escape. And while it's not necessarily the greatest weather around this area, there are plenty of tourists visiting San Francisco around December.

We do try to get away for a week or two in February. We live in Eastern Ontario.

I like the cold what with not having to shovel snow, clean off the car, or worry much about weather knocking the electricity out;). That being said we often winter vacation in places that are colder than where we live but we can visit places that are much warmer as well.

No, I endure the entire New Jersey winter December-March. I take my vacations at other times. Usually late spring and autumn.

Sometimes. We’d usually go to Jamaica or Cancun, but we would usually go in late July or early August. We lived in Pittsburgh. My dad decided he hated winter and snow and the cold so much that he retired and we moved to Florida.

When we get home Friday from Universal, we will have spent 33 days of the last 90 in Florida! Two trips to Universal and one to Key West. It's a slower time for our business and slower, less expensive times at our destinations. We live in Michigan.

Nope. My kids are in school and we do not get a Spring break here. So we're in for the long haul right now.

Never :( And I try to embrace the reality of the cold and still do "fun" outdoor activities. In a few days my daughter and I are going to an outdoor CHRISTKINDLMARKET. Forecast high: 13 balmy degrees. HA, we'll be in the heated tent and probably spend no more than an hour there but we are going!!!

when its cold, give me cold, when its hot give me hot, just get this luck warm stuff out of my face

Every chance I get! (and I don't live somewhere REALLY cold). I've got sensitive skin, and winter weather really does a number on it; I live with full-body itching for months, no matter how many gallons of lotion that I slather on.

No, I endure the entire New Jersey winter December-March. I take my vacations at other times. Usually late spring and autumn.
Child's play. Try October to April...:rolleyes1
:beach: In my dreams I'm in a tropical place right now but in reality, this is us too. We only vacation once a year; twice if the bones roll exceptionally right, and we like to go in September for our anniversary. If we get a bonus trip it's always in May.

The opposite is true here. People are seeking snow. Of course few know how to drive in such conditions.

We usually go to WDW the second week of December. This year we did September instead, or I'd be there now.

I got to go to Guam for work last January, that was a fantastic escape. Every day was a high of 85, low of 75. I didn't want to leave until it hit spring back home, but I only had 4 days there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter