College Care Package Ideas

I was watching a youtube video on Wallmart Valentine's haul. They had some cute stuff-some really cute post it notes but it seems like I've sent post it notes in every package-not sure she needs any more.

My DD21 left this morning to head back for her final semester:flower:. She's always a little sad to leave after the extended holiday break so I usually mail a package the week before to be there waiting on her.

Since she's facing 2018 with the big excitement of graduation looming but also a bit of anxiety over the uncertainty of a job search and her next move to a different major city, I sent the book, "100 Days to Brave" and a journal. I included a note reminding her that bravery has always run deep in her. Hopefully the book is inspiring.

Last edited:
I was at Target yesterday and picked up a funny headband, a banner to put in her room, and some Valentine M&Ms to start the next care package that is scheduled to go out next week.

I need to find some more fun items. She loves socks, so that is something I will definitely look for.

A box of sunshine will be next for me. In late January when the doldrums of a long dreary winter with spring seeming so far away set in, I fill a box with everything I can find that is yellow and orange.

SO far I have some Love and Sunshine Body cream from Bath and Body, a leather Apple watchband in an orange box that I didn't put in her stocking, a Limoncello candle, and I hit up Bare Minerals additional 40% off clearance items and got a jar of her shade and and a mineral veil with shiny gold lids.

Wow, I may be done with that package once I pick up some yellow and orange tissue paper.

Last edited:
I've got that box of sunshine on my list of ideas too! I bought some yellow tissue paper flowers at dollar tree to use as filler and purchased some yellow gift bags there too-sort of treat size-a bit smaller than brown lunch bag size.

I have been creating a Pinterest board of ideas. Love so many of the ones here!! Please share pictures :)

My husband has to go up to help my son with his car. I asked if he needed anything. hE JUST LEFT ON 1/7. He wants me to send up some things he forgot- pomade, and a pr of sweats. He would like me to buy and couple bottles of pump soap and gatorade.

I am dropping a care PKG in the mail today- it is mainly a bunch of stuff DD got at Christmas that she didn't have room for in her suitcase. I am adding a few snack items.

I usually send lunch or dinner to my kids away at college by using GrubHub, DoorDash or UberEats.

My DD21 has been in an apartment and now townhouse since sophomore year. I have used Instacart to send her groceries. She loved that since she gets a monthly budget from us and she has to manage it to cover everything.

I sent it as a housewarming gift in August when she moved from the apartment she'd been in for 2 years to the townhouse she's now in for this last year. I had helped her pack up the apartment and move out but was unable to go back the next week to help her move in. Since she had been gone from the apartment traveling for about 6 weeks, I knew that she really had no food and we used up most of her cleaning supplies on the move out. She was thrilled with the delivery to get her started, and impressed that I included all the cleaning supplies and staples that she was out of.

My sister has been sending my DD care packages. For Valentine's Day she sent used a clear tennis ball container and filled it with candies and sent it to her in that. My sister said the Postal worker thought it was awesome!

For Easter she is going to send her filled plastic eggs in a clear plastic egg carton.

If I had kids in college I would send a waffle iron, so many things they can cook in it , along with ideas. Also may some spices they would like that are expensive to buy. Favorite snacks, pens, pencils. GC for grocery store. Maybe a gc for going to the movies and snacks. So many ideas for sending a care package. How fun it would be.

If I had kids in college I would send a waffle iron, so many things they can cook in it , along with ideas. Also may some spices they would like that are expensive to buy. Favorite snacks, pens, pencils. GC for grocery store. Maybe a gc for going to the movies and snacks. So many ideas for sending a care package. How fun it would be.
so many things you can cook in a waffle iron.....I didn't know, I'm off to checkout pintrest :) this might come in handy for DD's 2nd year in college. Hubby might be interest too :)

I bought a large plastic egg from the .99 store. I'm going to decorate if and personalize it with DDs name. I was thinking of filling it up with scrunched up and fluffed up dollar bills like $20-$25. I will place the egg in a box . I', also going to fill the box with goodies like mini pack of peeps, mini M&M container, mini twix, mini packages of gummy bears, mini box of robbin candy eggs, cryin laughin emoji the size of my hand, long designed socks and a few other snacks. She goes back to her dorm March 25th so the 24th I will mail it out so when she starts school she will get a package from home. She wont be back until April 19-20 for an apt, then will go back to school until move out day Mid May. I think the package will be a comfort after having to be home for a week and having to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter