College Football 2020 (and 2021??)

WeLovePluto

Mouseketeer
We haven’t started a thread and there’s already been a coach firing.

USM fired their coach after losing to South Alabama.

Memphis had too much fun celebrating their win over Arkansas St, apparently partying on a party bus. Now they’ve got 20 guys with COVID and 20 more in quarantine and their game next week is doubtful.

Tulane opens tomorrow night at USA. Then hosts Navy next week. For now, max of 250 people at home games, so player families only.

You KNOW I would be in on this.

I got two seats this year at Bama to three of the five home games (20% capacity allowed). Halloween night and the two games in November.

USA got the win last weekend, Pluto, and might have momentum against your Green Wave.

The play I've seen on tv thus far has been lackluster and sloppy. I'm hoping it gets better quickly.

Duke-Notre Dame might be the best game today.

Two weeks till Alabama opens at Missouri.

It's appropriate, this being around the start of the season, to share this brief humorous video from the SEC Shorts crew:

They do some good stuff.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I watched the first half of USA-USM. As you said about the other games, it was sloppy. USA created TDs on a short pass with terrible tackling and a long pass that was a jump ball. The QB made a couple other terrible passes.

That said, they’ve played a game and gotten to tackle people. Which has to be an even bigger advantage this year than it would be in any other year.

PS: the SEC shorts videos are great.

PS: the SEC shorts videos are great.

There sure have been some funny recent ones.

The one about Saban's hip surgery (my favorite).

The one about the SEC teams getting their new two 2020 opponents.

The one about the SEC teams 2019 end-of-year report card.

The one about Matthew McConaughey locking himself in the Texas stadium announcers booth.

And lest you think all they do is humor, they have a serious side.

The one about the tribute to Tua.

Bama Ed

We got off to another of our patented slow starts, were down 18 a few mins into the second half, but came back for a 27-24 win.

I’ll take it, playing a team that had a game under its belt already.

Next week Navy comes to NO, and they’re probably angry after getting taken to the woodshed by BYU. Can’t ever afford to fall behind by 18 to them.

In other interesting things today...the Big XII seems to be trying to eliminate itself from the playoff already. UL Lafayette beat Iowa St. Arkansas State beat Kansas State. And Coastal Carolina has a 21 point lead on Kansas.

In other interesting things today...the Big XII seems to be trying to eliminate itself from the playoff already. UL Lafayette beat Iowa St. Arkansas State beat Kansas State. And Coastal Carolina has a 21 point lead on Kansas.

Take the W, Pluto. Tulane will improve first-to-second game.

The SEC could get 3 teams in the playoffs (with Clemson) if Big12 has a weak year .....

3M3kN9_0PaiZZvA00

Bama Ed

With any luck and the Big 10 shows some guts, we will be playing later this year.

Should of played earlier. I fear infection risks will only go up as cooler temps arrive. Big 10 dropped ball Big Time on that one.

It'll be different for sure. I like the idea of a conference only schedule. Coach Saban finally getting the smaller teams off the schedule like he's always wanted.

Alabama (my team) plays Ole Miss (DWs team) on 10/10, our arrival day to FW. It will with any luck be on TV so you guys might get interesting show at Tiggerdad campsite.

Alabama (my team) plays Ole Miss (DWs team) on 10/10, our arrival day to FW. It will with any luck be on TV so you guys might get interesting show at Tiggerdad campsite.
See if the game is on satellite. Hopefully I'll have a clear shot through the trees to get mine setup. You and DW are welcome to watch it. I have a TV that swings out of the front basement. Great for outdoor social distancing.

j

See if the game is on satellite. Hopefully I'll have a clear shot through the trees to get mine setup. You and DW are welcome to watch it. I have a TV that swings out of the front basement. Great for outdoor social distancing.

j

You might be introduced to some deep south banter that you've never heard.

j

I thought Disney Resort TV has all the ESPN family of channels and the networks to watch college football. I wasn't planning to bring my Directv receiver for this reason. Am I missing something?

Ed

PS - about half the SEC games have already been set on the tv schedule even late in the season but Ole Miss-Bama was not one of those so it will be announced in the typical interval (about a week before the game).

Last edited:
I thought Disney Resort TV has all the ESPN family of channels and the networks to watch college football. I wasn't planning to bring my Directv receiver for this reason. Am I missing something?
Not sure Ed. I always bring the satellite. The Fort can be challenging with all the trees though. I have plugged into the Fort cable a few times, but didn't pay much attention to the channels after seeing the first 20 or so being Disney something. :) In pre-Covid trips, I usually just caught the am and late night news. We were gone most of the day. Either at parks, DS or wandering around the Fort.

For something as important as an Alabama football game though, we could make an exception. Especially an AL/ole Miss game. I just want to see Michael and his DW for that one. :duck:

j

I'm on the road for work again. In Lickdale, PA. Not a whole lot shaking.

I was happy to get to the hotel early enough yesterday to see my team, Army, wallop Univ of LA-Monroe. I know it's not Power 5 football, but it's what I've grown up watching.

As noted earlier, my wife's team K-State fell down the stairs. They are such an up and down team and they've been down for half a decade.

<looked up Lickdale (Township) PA >

Up I81 from Harrisburg. Nothing up there.

Except the Yuengling Brewery. Further north in Pottsville, PA up I81.

Gurgle is your friend for brew tours. A little birdie tells me it's all UPHILL all the way on I81.

<sigh> maybe I'll make it someday. :drinking1

Bama Ed

Last edited:
That would be a nice distraction, but I'm on the COVID plan...hotel to work to drive thru for dinner to hotel, repeat.

I'd like to bring the rig up here for a trip sometime. It's very pretty.

Sorry to see your Kansas football teams struggle against their Sunbelt opponents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!