College freshman care package ?

DD is getting a care package from her father. She is getting started with a group of friends playing dungeons and dragons every sunday afternoon. Her dad played this in college too.

so, he bought her a set of dice and some snacks for game day.

lol. this is their thing.

Love the pumpkin idea.
Sons school provides the condoms and OTC meds.

He requested Trader Joe’s chocolate bars!

I sent a photo pillow
With his dogs pic. That was a big hit!!!

Thought 1: Go to Pinterest. Loads of themed-care packages.

Thought 2: My daughters went to the same college, and they offered a pay-once-and-your-kid-will-get-a-care-package-every-so-often. My daughter's roommate received these, and my daughter told me privately: don't buy it. Your money goes so much farther if you do the packaging yourself -- and then you'll get things your kid actually likes. For example, one of the packages was coffee-themed. My kid doesn't drink coffee.

My girls attended a big football school, which also offered a unique-and-new-tee-shirt-delivered-to-your-room-for-every-home-game. That wasn't too bad a bargain. The shirts were less than $10 per game.

Thought 3: About pizza. A couple times I called my girls on a rainy/snowy Sunday afternoon and verify they were in their dorm rooms ... and while we chatted, I'd hit "place order" on the Papa John's order I'd already pulled up. I'd watch 'til the computer said the driver had left the store, then I'd say, "Well, I'm sorry, but you have to go. Your paid-and-tipped pizza is going to arrive in the lobby any minute. You need to get downstairs quickly." They were always THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF with a surprise pizza.

Thought 4: Nice socks are one of life's small luxuries, and no college student ever has enough of them. Movie tickets are a good idea. Laundry items are a great idea. But SNACK FOODS (or food gift cards) reign supreme. They're tremendously enjoyed, and then they're gone /don't clutter up the room.

If you want to do another next month, here’s my fave ever that went out every October to my college kid and various nephews and others.

Buy one of those plastic orange Halloween pumpkins for a buck and fill it with whatever- a funny Halloween shirt, some door clings, candy, etc. cover the opening with packing tape and slap on the mailing label. Then sit back and enjoy the text or Snapchat, “you mailed me a pumpkin!” It’s a hit. I promise.

darn I miss making college care packages!
Do you leave the handle on?

wow. that's seems like a lot. Doesn't the school have Buses

If she was leaving her boyfriends dorm (different colleges)it would be a mile walk to the train then when she got off the train she would have to walk to her dorm and at 1-2am i much prefer her ubering door to door

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter