College question...

DHSsenior007

DIS Veteran
Although I'm not in college yet (I'll graduate from HS in 07), I just want to know what y'all think is the best college for psychology and physciatry.

Thats a really broad question because there are a lot of great colleges out there. Would you mind letting us know what region of the country your in, or the region you plan to go to school in so people from those areas could help you out? Like I have a pretty decent idea of that for the midwest (like Ohio and Michigan, etc) but not for elsewhere since I needed to stay close to home because of a sick family member.

Oh, okay, sorry! My parents want me to stay in-state for my bachelors, so somewhere in Texas. But after that, I'm planning on going somewhere out-of-state for my doctorate. So best in-state for bachelors, and then best out-of-state (Possibly up in the north eastern part of the country??). Thanks!!

For Texas I would suggest Baylor, most definitely. Just make sure that the school is APA certified (APA = American Psychological Assoc.), this will look good when you send your resume to your grad school of choice. Best of luck, and be sure to keep your options open. I know how easy it is to think you know what you want to do in high school, but you'll change alot during your freshman year. If someone had told me I would change my major from psychology to English and get married during my senior year I would have laughed at them. :D

Make sure that the northeast is really where you want to go!! I'm at UNH (undergrad) but walking to class today when it was -1 with a windchill of -who knows made me seriously question why I stayed here!

Lol! Thanks! Man, that must be freezing!!! I'm planning on visiting some different universities up there, I just don't really know what (besides College of William and Mary in Williamsburg...)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter