Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters Regeneration Sign Ups

Fairywings

Perry/Perrin
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU JUST START TYPING UP A CHARACTER

Hello everyone, it’s me, Perry, and I’m starting a new RP, cause it’s summer.

As a Regeneration, this is an improved version of the original Collins Institute. The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters is a school for people with powers. Now here’s where things change from the original. The school is still on an island, but it’s a real island now instead of a made up one, called Mercer Island, located in Washington off the coast of Seattle.
2708324_orig.jpg marooned-on-mercer-island.jpg
Elizabeth Collins isn't the only person who runs the school now. Elizabeth Collins-Danworth is co-headmistress with her brother, Frederick Collins. Frederick deals with things such as scheduling, appointments, food, applications, dorm assignments, and more of the business side of the school. His powers are information absorbing and omni-linguist, meaning he can speak any language and get information from things he touches. Elizabeth deals more with the daily running of the school, the students, possibly teachers, daily announcements, etc. Her powers are telepathy and telekinesis, meaning she can read minds and move things with her mind. They are joined by Roy Danworth, Elizabeth’s husband, and Michelle Kipling. Roy is the counselor, and his power is controlling electricity. Michelle is the nurse, and her power is healing. If you want a teacher, just let me know via Private Message/Conversation and I will figure something out. There are three different types of uniforms. Gym/power training class and casual field trips, like to Disney or national parks, are navy or black shorts and a white or gray tee shirt with the school logo. Formal field trips, like to museums, are black or navy slacks, a white Oxford shirt with the school logo, and an optional black or navy blazer with the school logo. The daily uniform is black, navy, brown, gray, khaki or white slacks with any color Oxford, polo or turtleneck shirt. The first two uniforms will be provided, the daily uniform will be found by the students. Most importantly, since a lot of people signed up younger people, I extended the school. There are now two building/campuses that make up the school. One is the original school, for grades 9-12 and ages 14-18, and now if I get more than two of this kind of student there will be a second campus for grade 6-8 and ages 11-13.
campus1.jpg campus2.png
Last thing, we will be starting in January after Winter Break because I really don’t want to do a tour of the school and be stuck with all this introductory people don’t know each other stuff because that’s boring.

Now, I don’t really have rules, since most people know how to act, but I have a few reminders or guidelines. Please only make as many characters as you can handle. I don’t like it when for example somebody has five characters and they only use two of them most of the time. I know I’m guilty of this, but I’m going to try to keep a lid on it. Tell me if you’re going to be gone. If you’re going to be on vacation or have something to do, please just post out of character that you’re going to be gone. Things move really slow when not as many people are on and we’re waiting for other people to come. That’s how threads die. And I will be informing you when I won’t be here, and likely put the thread in someone else’s charge or give you a scenario to work with. So, as head of the thread, if you don’t tell me you’re going to be gone, and you’re gone for a month, I reserve the right to use or let someone else use your character(s) until you return. Originally forgot this rule, but it's practically the most important rule: if there's already a character with a power, you can't use it. No one wants to think their idea was stolen, and when there's so many powers out there, who wants four fire users or five people that can fly?

So how do you go about creating a character? Well, at this point, either you’re a pro at this or you’ve only done one RP or basically never done this before. That’s okay. Veterans, you can just tell me what you want me to know in plain sentences, like we’re having a conversation. For anybody who is inexperienced, you can look below at Things That Are Needed, copy and paste it into your reply box, and use that to help set up a character. You can also use anything of the Things That Are Optional list. If you’re a veteran but aren't sure what to put, you can use both lists for inspiration.

Things That Are Needed (the basic stuff that everybody needs to know):
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Power:

Things That Are Optional (some ideas or questions you can answer to get and give a better idea of who your character is):
Nickname:
Superhero name:
Extracurricular Activities(yes or no, name it if yes):
History/Back-story/Past:

My Signups:
Original 6:
Rexanne “Rex” Patterson (Masquerade) [it’s Max, but I realized this character wasn’t Max, so I changed her name and altered her issues a bit] is in the 9th grade and is 15 years old. Rex has brown hair and blue gray eyes. Rex is a very active person but also just likes some quiet alone time. She outwardly acts with bravado and like a punk but on the inside is very insecure. She secretly self-harms because of this insecurity. Rex has the power to shapeshift into whatever she wants to look like. Rex likes to read, play sports, and draw. Her mother, a soldier, died in combat, and she lives with her father, also a soldier, who has PTSD.
Daniel Schaffer (Jump) is in the 11th grade and is 17 years old. Daniel has strawberry blonde hair and green eyes. Daniel is easygoing, considerate and helpful. He’s modest and friendly to others, but has a comedic streak. Daniel really isn’t sure what he wants to do with his life. Daniel has the power to teleport. Daniel likes to play sports, play guitar and listen to music, and enjoy the outdoors. He has two older brothers who are in college, and his family moves around a lot to various cities and countries for his father’s work.
Eva Washington (Compass) is in the 10th grade and is 16 years old. Eva has dark brown hair and brown eyes, with square-ish black glasses that are often sliding down the bridge of her nose and falling off. Eva is intelligent, brave and bold. She is bright and cheerful around others and has a tendency to be a klutz. Eva is transitioning from being an only child of a single mother to having a stepfather. Eva has the power to control metal. Eva likes to do crafts, read and hang out with her friends. Her parents divorced when she was young, and she lived with just her mother until recently when her mother married again.
Hunter Bryant (Prometheus) is in the 10th grade and is 16 years old. Hunter has dark blonde hair and blue eyes. Hunter is creative, adventurous and at times serious. He can be an aloof character but is close with his friends. Hunter is getting used to his powers. Hunter has the power to bring images to life. Hunter likes to watch movies, draw and use computers. Hunter’s powers only recently showed themselves, which estranged him from his family somewhat.
William “Will” Danworth (Alchemist) is in the 12th grade and is 18 years old. Will has black hair and blue/brown eyes. Will is studious, serious, and intelligent. He is always polite and often curious around other people. Will is dealing with the end of his school years and his protectiveness of his family, particularly his little sister. Will has the power to use alchemy, the science of changing one thing into another. Will likes to read, write and listen to music. Will has been around powers and the school his whole life.
Amy Danworth (Radar) is in the 11th grade and is 17 years old. Amy has blonde hair and blue eyes. Amy is kind, passionate and hardworking. She is very ladylike and respectful. Amy wants to be strong and save everyone. Amy has enhanced senses, beyond what the average person can see, hear, smell, etc. Amy likes to sing, play piano and dance. Amy has been around powers and the school her whole life.
Final 4:
Gemma McQueen (Medusa) is in the 12th grade and is 17 years old. Gemma has long brown hair with a red tinge. Gemma is intelligent, restless and thoughtful. She keeps trying to find a purpose/reason for why she has her powers. She just wants to be able to be normal or have control. Gemma can turn people to stone, so always wears sunglasses. She likes to listen to music, read and watch movies. Gemma was born with her powers and has been blindfolded or wearing sunglasses all her life. Everyone she knows outside of the school and her parents believe she’s blind, she was even taught braille and has a cane that she tries to use as little as possible, since she doesn’t actually need it.
Uriah Collins (Weatherman) is in the 9th grade and is 15 years old. Uriah has blonde hair and hazel eyes. Uriah is funny, caring and smart. He likes challenges he know he can solve but hates things he can’t do anything about. He just wants to live up to his family. He controls temperature and the weather. He likes to be outdoors, play sports and play videogames. Uriah has lived with his father, aunt, uncle and cousins for most of his life, since his mother left them.
Tynan Jones (Sandstorm) is in the 8th grade and is 14 years old. Tynan has light brown hair and brown eyes. Tynan is protective, trustworthy, and dependable. He can be skeptical but his curiosity often wins over. He just wants to protect Lavender. Tynan controls sand. He likes to run, play games and sports and climb trees. Tynan lived on the streets with his best friend Lavender until he was brought to the school.
Lavender Ford (Silk) is in the 8th grade and is 14 years old. Lavender has blonde hair and gray-blue eyes. Lavender is positive, fun-loving and spirited. She is the sun to Tynan’s cloud and of the pair is more likely to run headlong into things. She just wants Tynan to be with her and to have a home and family. Lavender controls ribbon and fabric. She likes to sing, act and design fashion. Lavender lived on the streets with her best friend Tynan until she was brought to the school.

Students:
Hunter Bryant - Fairywings
Desdemona McClark - The Villainess
Uriah Collins - Fairywings
Amy Danworth - Fairywings
William "Will" Danworth - Fairywings
Liberty Duarte - Orreed
Tom Duarte - Orreed
Ski Enlistnee - Pearlgem
Lavender Ford - Fairywings
Caroline "Carrie" Hendricks - Silvermist20
Catherine Hilton - Goofyfunyun
Henry Hilton - Goofyfunyun
Tynan Jones - Fairywings
Nathan "Nate" Marshall - Silvermist20
Rosaline "Rosie" Marshall - Silvermist20
Tiffani Van Der Merwe - Riff Off Girl
Rexanne "Rex" Patterson - Fairywings
Kine Pie Pi - Pearlgem
Gemma McQueen - Fairywings
Tavion Riviera - tigerkitty
Daniel Schaffer - Fairywings
Eva Washington - Fairywings

Last edited:
So I'll make 1 character for now, but I will most likely make 2 or 3 later.

Name: Caroline Hendricks (Carrie, and only goes by Carrie)
Grade:11
Appearance: http://www.polyvore.com/renee_baird/thing?context_id=132524679&context_type=collection&id=107169541 Average height of 5'5" and average weight of 130 lbs
Personality: Rebelious and always breaks the rules, mean, pretty much does her own thing most of the time.
Power: Controls fire, lava, etc.
History/Back-story/Past: She was put up for adoption when she was 5. She was sent from foster home to foster home for a long time. She felt very unloved and thought she needed attention, so she became the rebelious girl she is now when she was 9. She did eventually get adopted when she was 12, but her attitude never changed. She then discovered her powers and started using them for bad (she burned down a house). So her parents sent her to this school when she was 13 to see if they could control her (which hasn't worked yet and she's still there as a Junior in high school).

Name:Ski Enlistnee
Grade:6
Appearance:Brown wavy hair with blue eyes and fair skin.image.jpg
Personality:Optimistic,Gentle,Talented and Shy.
Power:Telekinesis and Teleportation
History/Backstory/Past:She was born to parents who both had powers. When someone wanted to get rid of her when she was a baby her parents give her to friends so she would be protected. Fourtently when she was five the person who wanted to kill her was now dead. So now she is living a rich life with her mom and dad.
They decided to send her to the school because they thought it would be good for her to know kids like her who had powers.

Last edited:

Do you have a polyvore set of the uniforms? I"m in the process of making one for Carrie.

No. I kinda structured them carefully (the daily uniform is actually a slightly more lenient version of my own) so people could kinda do what they want with it and I can pretend we're still a professional school. Just think collared shirts and slacks, that kind of deal for the daily. Gym/Casual trip is very simple, navy or black shorts and white or gray t-shirt. I don't actually know what the school's logo looks like let alone have a shirt with it so that's that. You'd be missing the crest on te jacket too since I don't know what it looks like either, but a basic black or navy suit (blazer, white collared shirt, slacks) is the formal trip uniform.

No. I kinda structured them carefully (the daily uniform is actually a slightly more lenient version of my own) so people could kinda do what they want with it and I can pretend we're still a professional school. Just think collared shirts and slacks, that kind of deal for the daily. Gym/Casual trip is very simple, navy or black shorts and white or gray t-shirt. I don't actually know what the school's logo looks like let alone have a shirt with it so that's that. You'd be missing the crest on te jacket too since I don't know what it looks like either, but a basic black or navy suit (blazer, white collared shirt, slacks) is the formal trip uniform.
Ok, thanks. I was only going to put in the daily uniform, so I was just asking in case you made a polyvore with your characters so I could just like the items and put it in the set.

Ok, thanks. I was only going to put in the daily uniform, so I was just asking in case you made a polyvore with your characters so I could just like the items and put it in the set.
I haven't made my characters yet. Well, scratch that, I haven't made Amy and Will yet because they're new, but I do have the others, but their sets probably wouldn't help because I created the sets long before I thought of Collins making a comeback.

Henry Hilton
In the 11th grade. Has dark brown hair and eyes. Comes from a wealthy family, which influenced his composed, cautious character traits. He is very protective of his "younger" sister, Catherine, who is actually his twin sister. 17 years old. Duplication: Can duplicate himself, other people, and/or objects.

Catherine Hilton
In the 11th grade. Has long dark brown curly hair and hazel eyes. Is the twin sister of Henry, though they don't look much alike. Henry is older than her by 2 minutes, which allows her to be the baby of the family. She can be goofy and a bit on the naive side, but can be serious when she wants to be. She hates that her brother treats her like a child. Super Speed

Last edited:
Name: Tavion (Tay-vee-un) Riviera
Grade: Sophomore
Appearance: a little taller than usual, African-American, dreadlocks, deep brown eyes
Personality: arrogant and snarky and but can be charming
Power: Altering DNA (so he can change people's genes, appearances, anything linked to DNA, but he can't tamper with their powers or personality)

Nickname: None, but will answer when he hears words like majesty, king, prince, handsome, stuff like that just to add to is persona
Superhero name: Prefers just to be called Tavion
Extracurricular Activities(yes or no, name it if yes): yes: track and field, cross-country, theatre, choir, band
History/Back-story/Past: He may like to talk about himself a lot, but one thing he'll never talk about is his past. When he learned he had powers, he tried to control them. He was sitting in the backseat when he was six while his parents were up front. His little brother of three was sitting next to him. He attempted to turn the fly on the window into a ladybug, but it wasn't working. When he tried again, he had accidentally caused a distraction to his father, whom was driving. The car swerved and crashed into another car before rolling into the ditch. He threw himself over his brother and saved his life. But his parents and the couple in the other car were killed. He and his brother were taken to a military base and he was tested on. This only made his powers grow stronger. They also tested his brother, but found that he didn't possess any powers. They sent his brother to a foster home but had Tavion stay behind until he could control his powers and so that the government could keep an eye on him. After a few years of training himself, the military sent him to Collins. This is his second year there. But he hasn't been able to contact his brother. He blames himself for the deaths and for his separation from his brother. And no one will disagree with him because it's true.

This is a set I came up with for daily wear and decided to post. Don't know if this was what you guys were thinking or not.
Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 1.38.19 PM.png

That works nicely. Thank you Goofy! See Silv, there are variations but this is a good example for reference.

I think I may start this one soon.

Name: Liberty Duarte
Grade: Sophomore
Personality: Her head is usually in the clouds, and in a different world. She's not stupid, but a bit of an airhead. Bit of flirt too. She spends too much time dreaming about the future instead of living in the moment. Wild child.
Power: Can stop and speed time
Extracurricular Activities(yes or no, name it if yes): Dance
History/Back-story/Past: She and her brother Tom are the children of a powerful Chicago Mafia member.
Appearance:

Name: Tom Duarte JR
Grade: Senior
Personality: Unlike his sister, he's very observant. Tom is quite intelligent and good with words. As he's ambitious, he struggles with weather to go follow the steps of his father or not. Tom likes control, and what he would do it for it could be his downfall.
Power: Can remove and add memories to other people's minds
Extracurricular Activities(yes or no, name it if yes): Lacrosse
Appearance:
jean-luc-bilodeau-image-210860-article-ajust_930.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter