Colombia Harbor House versus Liberty Tree Tavern

brad813

DIS Veteran
I am looking at these two restaurants specifically comparing their lobster rolls. LTT definitely has an interesting take on it with the addition of clams, but when it comes to flavor, how do the two compare. I am well aware it is quick service versus a table service here, but for me, my choice will come down to the flavor of the food. I will be on the regular dining plan.

If you like a huge pile of mayo with celery and a tiny bit of unidentifiable seafood, you will love the lobster roll at CHH.

I am looking at these two restaurants specifically comparing their lobster rolls. LTT definitely has an interesting take on it with the addition of clams, but when it comes to flavor, how do the two compare. I am well aware it is quick service versus a table service here, but for me, my choice will come down to the flavor of the food. I will be on the regular dining plan.

Don't know what part of the country you live in but from my perspective a lobby roll needs to be eaten in New England or the Middle States.
Just saying;).

Don't know what part of the country you live in but from my perspective a lobby roll needs to be eaten in New England or the Middle States.
Just saying;).
I have lived my entire life in MA. My father in law was a chef in ME. I have eaten fresh from the sea lobster ( in season) my entire life. I have never heard anyone call it a”lobby roll”. A “ lobby” is an entrance/ante room in a building or hotel.

I never heard that word either, lol.
And since when is a Gyro pronounced
YEAR Ro???

I thought CHH was decent but I prefer the tuna lol

Good luck deciding..

I can't compare the lobster roll at the two places. However, for overall experience, it depends on what time you're eating. At the busy lunch time, CHH is loud and packed-even the upstairs isn't a secret, quiet haven any more. But I've eaten at CHH at "off times", and found it nice and peaceful. So for a relaxing dining experience, go with LTT at prime lunch times, CHH at off-times.

Wow, who knew your simple question would get highjacked by a debate over proper New England vocabulary if there is such a thing :P

We haven't had the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House, but have done the one at Liberty Tree and enjoyed it very much. Now admittedly I am not from nor have never been to New England so I'm guessing my ability to judge will be vilified, but we were very surprised at the quality and amount of lobster in the roll and the clams added a nice crunchy touch. Plus its so much nicer to sit down and enjoy a meal then deal with the throngs of people in line. And need I mention LTT has Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake which all meals should be required to end with!

Wow, who knew your simple question would get highjacked by a debate over proper New England vocabulary if there is such a thing :P

We haven't had the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House, but have done the one at Liberty Tree and enjoyed it very much. Now admittedly I am not from nor have never been to New England so I'm guessing my ability to judge will be vilified, but we were very surprised at the quality and amount of lobster in the roll and the clams added a nice crunchy touch. Plus its so much nicer to sit down and enjoy a meal then deal with the throngs of people in line. And need I mention LTT has Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake which all meals should be required to end with!

I figured some people would get a little sidetracked with authenticity issues, but with my being from inland Virginia, it's hard to get any lobster that is reasonably fresh.

I had the one at CHH and it was decent if you just want a lobster roll, but nothing spectacular.

I never heard that word either, lol.
And since when is a Gyro pronounced
YEAR Ro???

I thought CHH was decent but I prefer the tuna lol

Good luck deciding..

It's a Greek word, so pronunciations are a bit different. I ended up deciding on trying Liberty Tree for lunch one day(a few of their lunch items are interesting), and during my Halloween party day I can do Columbia Harbor House since I need a quick service that night anyway.

Ive had the lobster roll at CHH for a number of years now and I always liked it. Granted, there is less lobster in it now than there was a few years ago, but I still like it.

I got the Lobster Roll when the one time I've eaten there. It was rather messy to eat, but I thought it tasted delicious. My husband got the tuna sandwich which is also on the tray. My lobster roll came with chips, but I was able to replace them with fries instead.

upload_2019-4-22_7-27-41.png

I have never tried the one at LTT but have to say the one at CHH was a huge disappointment. I only had a few bites and ditched the rest. I will say I'm spoiled as I live on LI and spend my summers eating them. I now need to add LTTs roll to my list of places/items to try.

I have never tried the one at LTT but have to say the one at CHH was a huge disappointment. I only had a few bites and ditched the rest. I will say I'm spoiled as I live on LI and spend my summers eating them. I now need to add LTTs roll to my list of places/items to try.

About the only place to get a lobster roll where I live is Captain D's, which is ok but doesn't have much in the way of flavor. Not worried about authenticity, since I live in VA, just as long as the flavor is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter