Columbus Day weekend

firsttimer4

Mouseketeer
How bad is Columbus Day weekend? We usually go the end of May, but were thinking an October trip this year so we could catch Toy Story Land. My kids always have a fall break around Columbus day. So we were thinking October 5-9th. I have read mixed reviews about the crowd.

That October weekend brings in lots of peeps!

Been going that weekend the last 12 years and it seems like each year crowds grow

Last edited:
That weekend brings in lots of peeps!

Been going that weekend the last 12 years and it seems like each year crowds grow

We're usually there the weekend before Memorial day and it's not crazy bad in my opinion. Do you think it's about the same or worse than that time of year?

Agree that time period in May is fine

Oct 5 is a Friday and will start having crowds that day or Saturday

Wish you the best on the time period you decide on

I'll be honest the Oct. time is similar to spring break. Lots of locals and lots of schools with fall breaks/parents who just take the kids out an extra day or two.

We've been the end of May and it's not bad. Occasionally school groups, grad trips, etc. but still pretty moderate crowds.

I'll be honest the Oct. time is similar to spring break. Lots of locals and lots of schools with fall breaks/parents who just take the kids out an extra day or two.

We've been the end of May and it's not bad. Occasionally school groups, grad trips, etc. but still pretty moderate crowds.

Bummer! With the kids getting Older it's harder to figure out when is the best time to go and take them out of school. I'm not really looking forward to fighting Heavy crowds.

Oct is doable with a good plan. You must book all your restaurants 180 days out if you want them. But we go that week every year bc we love it! We have done may too though and it was nice. Both months are hot. Last October highs we're in the 90s heat index around 100 a couple of days. It was the hottest year that we've been going. But we had a great time! Doing it again.

This past October around Columbus Day was our 3rd October trip, and also our last! Too crowded and too hot! I can take one or the other, but not both.

Oct is doable with a good plan. You must book all your restaurants 180 days out if you want them. But we go that week every year bc we love it! We have done may too though and it was nice. Both months are hot. Last October highs we're in the 90s heat index around 100 a couple of days. It was the hottest year that we've been going. But we had a great time! Doing it again.

Makes me feel better that you're willing to do it again! I love planning our trips. So I always book our reservations as soon as the window opens. We're from Louisiana so we are use to the heat. I guess I'm more worried about the crowds. I wanted to do October this year so that we could catch Toy story Land.

It is totally doable.... We love love love fall break at Disney! This is our 8th family trip maybe 9...I've lost count and all but 1 was this week. Now this has been an increase in attendance over the years bc in the beginning it was much less crowded...more schools have fall breaks now. But totally worth it!

How bad is Columbus Day weekend? We usually go the end of May, but were thinking an October trip this year so we could catch Toy Story Land. My kids always have a fall break around Columbus day. So we were thinking October 5-9th. I have read mixed reviews about the crowd.
We have been three times in October over Columbus Day and two times over spring break (last week of March but not on years it fell on Easter). Our experience has been that October seems more crowded for sure. Difficulty getting dining reservations, congestion getting into the park, all seemed greater in October. March was also not as hot.

But of course we had fun every time with a plan and the right outlook!

We have been three times in October over Columbus Day and two times over spring break (last week of March but not on years it fell on Easter). Our experience has been that October seems more crowded for sure. Difficulty getting dining reservations, congestion getting into the park, all seemed greater in October. March was also not as hot.

But of course we had fun every time with a plan and the right outlook!

We've talked about it and I think we're going for it!! Basically it's Disney and when is it not croweded?! And atleast we know what we're getting into it. I love the planning part of it so I'm gonna make sure we go into it with a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter