Combination booking - My points + Rented points?

Elbygrl

Earning My Ears
I'm in a pickle with planning my Aulani trip for 2020 to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. I have my heart set on a 2 bedroom villa so that my family and my parents can stay together with the kitchen to cook and cut down on expenses of feeding my 2 teenagers. :P For that I'll need a total of 420 points and I will have 300 of my own. Is there a way to rent the remainder and book? Do I have to book 'x' number of days on one reservation and then rent a reservation for the rest of the week, making 2 reservations essentially? Has anyone done this successfully?

PS - Aulani is our home resort so I can book in September 2019 for the planned August 2020 trip.

Thanks all!!

I'm in a pickle with planning my Aulani trip for 2020 to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. I have my heart set on a 2 bedroom villa so that my family and my parents can stay together with the kitchen to cook and cut down on expenses of feeding my 2 teenagers. :P For that I'll need a total of 420 points and I will have 300 of my own. Is there a way to rent the remainder and book? Do I have to book 'x' number of days on one reservation and then rent a reservation for the rest of the week, making 2 reservations essentially? Has anyone done this successfully?

PS - Aulani is our home resort so I can book in September 2019 for the planned August 2020 trip.

Thanks all!!
You could do it that way and then ask MS to note that the two are continuing reservations.

Or you could look for someone to transfer enough points to your account so that you can make one reservation and under your own membership.

If you want to control the reservation, you need a transfer, not a rental. You "rent" a reservation, not points. You transfer points. You are permitted one transfer in or out per UY. If you book as many nights as you can with your points and still need nights, you could get another member to make a reservation for the additional nights with the note "Continuing Reservation with 'the number of your reservation' ". Or you could find another owner with Aulani points to transfer to you (having the same resort gives you home resort advantage - any other resort wouldn't give you that). What is your UY?

Thanks all!!

That would be one way to do it. Or getting a point transfer from someone would also work. You’d want to search and read up on the ins and outs of a point transfer.

Also, fwiw, we have 2 UYs so have done the 2 reservation thing at Aulani. Our last trip was there a little over 3 years ago but they were very helpful in making certain we stayed in the same room. At that time, and maybe it’s still the same, each reservation required checking out and back in and new key cards. The front desk just handled it without anything more from us and the new cards were put under our door and there in the morning when we got up. The process might have changed by now but it was no trouble at all.

I assume when you state that you have 300 points, that includes looking at banking and borrowing. If, however, you have 300 annual points, I'd borrow in the 120 you need. You can always rent further down the line if you find the remaining 180 is insufficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter