Combine Reservations- same hotel 3 confirmation #'s

Brojoef

Mouseketeer
So Disney showed no availability for a 3 night stay in November. However if I put those same 3 nights in individually, it showed availablilty. So I booked 1 night at a time, same hotel, same room type. Now I have 3 confirmation #'s. Any idea if Disney will combine these? Hopefully we don't have to move our luggage each night.
So weird.

I just talked to them yesterday about the same thing for our 2 night stay for POR in November, same category room both nights. She told me they would make note on the reservation but couldn't guarantee we wouldn't have to move since they sell rooms in blocks as she put it. I almost would prefer to cancel our first night if they won't guarantee since our flight arrives at midnight and the whole point of booking the two nights was so we could sleep in and not move from offsite which is half the cost. Doesn't make sense to me, so much more room for error and the room scheduler missing the two night stay. I will probably call again in a week or two before I decide if it's worth switching anything up.

I just talked to them yesterday about the same thing for our 2 night stay for POR in November, same category room both nights. She told me they would make note on the reservation but couldn't guarantee we wouldn't have to move since they sell rooms in blocks as she put it. I almost would prefer to cancel our first night if they won't guarantee since our flight arrives at midnight and the whole point of booking the two nights was so we could sleep in and not move from offsite which is half the cost. Doesn't make sense to me, so much more room for error and the room scheduler missing the two night stay. I will probably call again in a week or two before I decide if it's worth switching anything up.
Thanks for your response. It really is so strange that November seems to have this issue. I think I'll also call a week or two before and see if I can get it straightened out.

So Disney showed no availability for a 3 night stay in November. However if I put those same 3 nights in individually, it showed availablilty. So I booked 1 night at a time, same hotel, same room type. Now I have 3 confirmation #'s. Any idea if Disney will combine these? Hopefully we don't have to move our luggage each night.
So weird.

It is not just an issue of moving luggage. You need to pack and move out by 11AM and you may not have a room until 3 or after. You are essentially " homeless" for hours each day.

Is it the exact same room category? And booked at the same rate? If so, guest services can combine these for you. I ran into this booking the CR in October. Originally there were no rooms at all. Totally sold out. One day I managed to find the room type we wanted, but it was only available for each night individually. I tried to call to get someone to help me book, but the wait was more than an hour! So I booked it myself and then called and waited on hold. The reservations CM was unable to help me, but she connected me over to guest services who got the reservations combined into one for me so that we don't have to change rooms. Call and explain what happened. If the CM tells you it can't be done, call back until you get someone who will connect you to guest services.

Is it the exact same room category? And booked at the same rate? If so, guest services can combine these for you. I ran into this booking the CR in October. Originally there were no rooms at all. Totally sold out. One day I managed to find the room type we wanted, but it was only available for each night individually. I tried to call to get someone to help me book, but the wait was more than an hour! So I booked it myself and then called and waited on hold. The reservations CM was unable to help me, but she connected me over to guest services who got the reservations combined into one for me so that we don't have to change rooms. Call and explain what happened. If the CM tells you it can't be done, call back until you get someone who will connect you to guest services.
Great to know! Thank you. Same situation. Showed resort was sold out. But booking individual nights had openings. Same room category and price.

We had the same issue. We have 3 reservations for a 5 night stay-so annoying. I keep checking to see if I can get anything to change but no luck. I called the other day but waited a long time just to reach customer service but they told me the same thing they can connect me with guest services but that had about another hour wait. I plan to call back when I've got some to spare. Definitely don't want to be checking in and out each time.

Update: I called today, waited 1 hr 17 mins. The cast member said it is possible to combine the reservations, but it has to be done through guest services. She proceeded to let me know that it was another hour wait for guest service :worship:
She said today is a busy phone day because military discounts were released for 2018.
What I didn’t know is that there isn’t actually a number to call for guest services. You have to call the reservations line, and then they can transfer you to guest services.... so I was transferred and waited 75 mins. When the cast member answered she said why yes you can combine the reservations, however our system is down so you’ll have to call back tonight. :crazy2::mad::eek:
Long story short... apparently it can be done, but I still can’t flipping get it all combined! Ahhh! :charac2:

No matter what they tell you, they still can't guarantee you won't have to move rooms. Until a few days out they have no idea what rooms will be available for what days. Having said that, they won't move you if they can help it. It is easier on Disney too--they don't have to do a more thorough cleaning of the room as they would if you were switching rooms. Plus they don't have the hassle of having you check in and out.

We are in a situation like this, too. I couldn't find anything for our three night stay in early Nov. I ended up with three different reservations. Two at the same hotel and one and a different hotel. I'm going to call and see if they can combine the first two.

I had to do the same thing today, and I asked her to mark them. I had to book 4 nights at poly in jan, then book another 4 nights at poly. Same price same room, I know for sure because it is a w/c room with a tub with rails, they only have about three on property, so it has to be the same room. They could not get them into one Dessie because some code had changed. It is very annoying, if I had booked the room all 8 nights they price almost doubled pre night for some reason to over $801, but separating them out I got it for $483 a night. I can not for any reason figure out why they do this.

I’m happy to report it can be done! After 3 hrs worth of phone calls to Disney, the cast member was able to combine all 3 reservations into 1. I now have only 1 res number. In addition, they refunded me $28 for some reason, something about booking 3 nights in a row. ::yes::

I ended up being able to change my two separate ASMu reservations to three separate ASSp reservations. The first two were with the Holiday Magic Discount and the third was with the AP discount, which was $55 more. I just called and 90 min later they were able to combine all 3 reservations into 1 even though the last night was a separate discount. They also applied the same discount to all three nights even though it wasn't available all three nights so I got refunded $56! I don't even think I would've thought to call if it weren't for this thread!! Thanks everyone!!

I had the same situation for November - two rooms 4 nights no 4 night reservation but I found 4 single nights and then 2, 1 and 1. Called and CM couldn't (wouldn't) combine and like a pp said we can't be without a room from 11-4 every day - frustrating.

Ended up going with the Dolphin instead - so that's 8 nights lost to Disney plus the meals two families will end up having at the Dolphin resort and pool instead of POFQ or WL.

Last week something similar. Same hotel, same category, same dates, same discount code ... if I put the nights together the room was $20 more per night so I booked them as individual nights. I never got around to calling, was just ready to put bag in car each day ... not like it was a long trip, didn't have much stuff and was just a bed at night.

On arrival I scanned my MB and before I could say anything she said "We are putting your reservations together and you won't have to leave the room." YEAH! I then said is it possible for me to get a renovated room? She said yes, we just don't have the room ready. What I did have to do is go back to front desk in mornings to check out/in and reset my MagicBands.

I know - no promises - but it happened without any pre-request and even fulfilled my location request.

I ended up being able to change my two separate ASMu reservations to three separate ASSp reservations. The first two were with the Holiday Magic Discount and the third was with the AP discount, which was $55 more. I just called and 90 min later they were able to combine all 3 reservations into 1 even though the last night was a separate discount. They also applied the same discount to all three nights even though it wasn't available all three nights so I got refunded $56! I don't even think I would've thought to call if it weren't for this thread!! Thanks everyone!!
Glad you had success as well!

When you called? Who did you ask for/what did you say?

I have the same coming up Oct 27-31.

Oct 27-28 is one night in YC and then 28-31 is 3 nights. Same room class.

You call the regular number and ask for guest services. I had no problem combining 3 nights. The key is same room type same resort.

When you called? Who did you ask for/what did you say?

I have the same coming up Oct 27-31.

Oct 27-28 is one night in YC and then 28-31 is 3 nights. Same room class.
I just called the regular number and the CM who answered put me on hold and then came back and said she'd need to contact Guest Services to take care of it. I sat on hold while she spoke with Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter