• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Combined Breakfast Report

Leota

DIS Veteran
Since breakfast is not usually hugely creative or inspiring to me, I’ll combine all of our breakfasts into one report. Gary is a HUGE breakfast lover, so I made reservations for us for everyday of our trip. Usually when I go to WDW, we skip breakfast, using those precious morning hours for getting the attractions done before the crowds converge. It turns out that a leisurely breakfast is a wonderful way to start the morning. I learned so much about relaxing at WDW. It’s funny how your WDW trips change with your age & place in life. I think I could get used to this breakfast thing!

Our first breakfast of the trip was Boma. I love Boma breakfast. I love it because I can get truly unique breakfast foods there. We had a lovely seat by the window & a very sweet & adept waitress from Canada. Gary was looking forward to his WDW Ritual Breakfast of a Bacon Sandwich piled with about a pound of bacon. Me, I couldn’t wait for the Sugar-Cured Pork Loin, the Quinoa Porridge, the Bobotie & the African Style Sausage Skillet. I am just mad for that curried sausage skillet & requested the recipe for that, the pork loin & the Boma Mustard. I did make a very close rendition of the Boma Mustard when we got home, but am looking forward to the recipe to make the real thing. We enjoyed delicious fresh fruits & split a couple bites of pastry. Big meals make me tired, so we shared a Press Pot of the Kenyan coffee, which wasn’t too awful for Disney Coffee. It was tasty, but weak for what we are used to.

The next day found us having breakfast at Boatwright’s. I thought Gary might enjoy the Sweet Potato Pancakes with Honey - Pecan Butter. I was right he loved them. Again, we requested the recipe, this time they had it pre-printed & ready, unlike Boma, which e-mails them to you. I had a fruit cup with an order of Biscuits & Sausage Gravy. The fruit cup was the smallest fruit cup I have ever seen! It was served in one of those little tiny bowls you’d get applesauce in. The fruit was minced rather than chunked – maybe a tablespoon of each melon & 5 grapes. It was pretty amusing, actually. The biscuits & sausage gravy, considered a side, was HUGE tho. Two whole biscuits, halved and smothered with delicious sausage gravy. Of course, it ain’t breakfast for me unless I coat the whole mess with hot sauce. I like that there was a bottle on the table with the salt & pepper. I think all restaurants that serve breakfast should have a bottle of Tabasco on the table.

On Sunday, I had not made any breakfast plans since I had no idea if we’d want to eat or not after PftS. So we wandered down to Garden Grove, which was packed. Gary was in the mood for sausage, me for grits. Thinking Picabu would be a quick & cheap option for breakfast, off we went. Boy were we wrong. It wasn’t so quick & it wasn’t so cheap. We paid more for our breakfast there than anyplace else! Gary had an omelet with sausage & toast, I had a bowl of grits with a side of bacon & we each had an orange juice box – It was $27 & change! Outrageous! Definitely not a repeat for us.

For Monday’s breakfast, I had reserved Spoodles. I hadn’t had breakfast here since 2001. I was hoping it would be as delicious as I remembered it being. I was not remotely disappointed! What I can’t figure out is why this place isn’t packed in the morning. This breakfast was superb. We will be back many times for sure. Since we had a lot of eating to do at the Food & Wine Festival to finish up the booths we had missed, we decided to share. We ordered the Fruit Plate & the Eggs Rotollo. The fruit plate was loaded with melons, pineapple, kiwi, grapes & strawberries & served with the most delicious strawberry yogurt to dip in. I think the yogurt may have been homemade, actually. The Eggs Rotollo were eggs & chorizo sausage scrambled with cheese rolled up in a lavosh & served with fried potatoes and marinated tomatoes. The Rotollo was amazing. I love chorizo & this was tasty chorizo. The marinated tomatoes were delicious. This is the perfect kind of breakfast for me. I am not big on sweet foods at breakfast. Marinated tomatoes turns out to be a great breakfast food. We each had a glass of juice & walked away with a $24 dollar check. We were astounded that Picabu was actually $3+ more than this delicious & creative breakfast.

For our last breakfast, we ate at Fresh. We enjoyed Fresh on our last trip there & it’s very convenient for us for our last day to be right in the resort for pick-up. We love the freshly made pancakes, waffles & French toast – the eggs to order & my favorite – the freshly pressed juice blends. I especially love the Antioxidant blend with beets & blueberries. The skillet fried potatoes here are delicious and I love their breakfast sausage. It’s more like an Italian sausage than a breakfast link. The other things I love about Fresh is the fact I can get cheese for my grits & crush up some bacon in them the way I like them & the fact that they keep Tabasco on the table. Fresh remains in our Top Three Breakfasts, along with Boma & Spoodles.

I think this trip changed my perspective on morning meals. I can see that future trips to the World will include daily breakfasts from now on. In fact, I think it will see me making a big breakfast every weekend from now on.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews, sounds like you enjoyed some yummy breakfasts. :stitch2:

I love breakfast! Especially Boatwrights. I always get the french toast with a side of biscuits n gravy. I always look at those sweet potato pancakes and think I should get them, but I just love the french toast so much!

Hmm, I just might have to add a breakfast at Boatwrights next weekend! Thanks for the reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter