• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Combining BWV & VB reservation question

scootert

DIS Veteran
We've had the family meeting, set the dates and are almost ready to call member services for our 2002 vacation, but have a quick question. We want to spend time at both VB and BWV. Is this the right way to do this??

Our home is BWV, so I plan to call at the 11 month window and make reservations for 7 nights. Then when the 7 month window arrives, I'll call and see if I can get our first three nights at Vero. Wjen I do this, will member services just drop those dates from the BWV reservation, keeping the other four days as they are? Or will they cancel the whole reservation meaning I have to start from scatch?

Many thanks for your help.

We did the same thing as you for last March. Get all 7 nights at BWV (just in case you can't get into Vero) and then on the 7 month window get the 3 Vero nights and cancel the 3 nights at BWV. It worked out great for us. You will not lose the 4 nights at BWV that you really want.
Have a great time.

Yes, that's exactly what we did but the opposite. VB is our home and we made our ressies for all nights there but waited for something to open up at BWV. When they did, we simply had MS switch our ressie from some nights at VB over to BWV and it worked out just fine! MS is great--they never mind calling and asking for help and such. Enjoy your trip!! ;)

Thanks so much!! I thought it worked that way, but feel better with some confirmation. Only a few more days before I call....

Wjen I do this, will member services just drop those dates from the BWV reservation, keeping the other four days as they are?

Member Services won't drop the days until you tell them. I know this is being picky but sometimes we get so excited, we forget what we really want to do. Other than that, you are correct that this is the best way to be sure you've got somewhere to stay for your vacation and then adjust it to where you really want to be.

We did the same thing for our vacation this past April/May. Unless they change things, you will just get a confirmation for your new reservation at Vero Beach when you make the change. They do not issue a revised one for BWV. I did call to double check (you may want to also). We just felt better making the 7-day ressies to BWV with the 11 month window in case the Vero part did not work out.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter