Combining Points at 7-months??

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Can I do this?

I currently have a 4- night reservation (Sun-Wed) at HHI for Spring Break in a 2BR for April 2020 that I booked at the 11-month mark using our HHI points. I have 150 HHI points available (50 point contract, 2019 banked, 2020 current and 2021 borrowed) but we are planning to stay 5 nights which requires 165 points. I went ahead and booked the first 4 nights which used 132 of my 150 HHI points. At the 7-month mark, I need to make it a 5-night reservation. My first thought was to wait until 7 months out FROM THURSDAY and book the final night using my remaining 18 HHI points plus 13 of my AKV points. This would be the easiest option....but the pessimist in me is very nervous that if I wait, that day might book up before I can book it, leaving me on the wait list, or without a room altogether. So, I'm wondering...

At the 7-month window FROM SUNDAY, can I DROP the first day (Sunday) and then REBOOK it with my 13 AKV and 18 HHI points (assuming it's available)? That would free up the 33 HHI points that I would need to book the final (Thursday) night which I could then add on to the end of the trip since they would be home-resort points. When booking online, is there a way to tell how many points from which contract you want to use for a particular reservation or does it just ask which contract you want to use? I am almost 100% sure that I would need to call MS to do this. I think that our Spring Break is going to coincide with Easter next year which is why I am a little nervous about getting this reservation.

Yes, you can drop the first night of your reservation online by modifying the dates and then re-book using some of your AKV points. You can choose which contract to use first online when you go to rebook it and it will pull from your AKV and then finish with the HH. That should leave you the HH points to book that last night as you can then go into your original reservation, modify it again and have it pick up night 2 to 5 using home resort...again, providing it is available!

Of course the other option could be to adjust the reservation now, since you are within the home resort period still and book nights 2 to 5 and leave the night not booked being your first night. This way, the morning of your 7 month window you can go on and book that without having to do any sort of canceling. At this point, you have one of your 5 nights not yet booked, so this would maybe help it to be easier at the 8 am time!!! Good luck!

Last edited:
My advise would be, if the first night is available at the 7 month window then book the first night with your remaining HHI and your AKV points. This will make it simple since you will not have any other HHI points to use. once you have the first night booked... then modify your current reservation dropping the first night (giving you the points you need) and add the fifth in one modification (this assumes the fifth night is still available prior to the 7 month mark, it could be booked by HHI owner prior). This will give you two reservations that you can have combined/linked so you do not have to move.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!