Combining points from two UYs

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I'm considering buying two resale contracts for two separate home resorts with different UYs, which I'd primarily use to book rooms at each resort at 11 months, but occasionally combine points to book other resorts at 7 months. As long as I only do it once a year, I figured I could transfer stray points from one account to the other, but I was told that points from two different accounts can't be used to book a one night stay. Is that true? Are there other restrictions for transferring/combining points other than once a year and that points keep their UY and home resort? Thanks!!

Last edited:
I'm assuming you also mean 2 UY's? Because if they are the same UY then they would be placed under the same master contract and no transfers are required.

If you transfer the points required then yes they can be used to book a single night at 7 months at any resort. It's only if you didn't transfer that you'd need to have points for entire nights in each contract and could not combine on a single night. If you booked from each contract you could ask MS to link the reservations for a continuing stay and it would be rare to not remain in the same room.

Sometimes MS will allow an owner to transfer more than once when it's within their own contracts but it is not something to be counted on. Once a use year is technically the rule.

I don't love to do linked continuing stays as there often ends up being issues with the MB's for access to the room but sometimes it goes without a hitch and it's a way to use from both UY contracts.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you also mean 2 UY's? Because if they are the same UY then they would be placed under the same master contract and no transfers are required.

If you transfer the points required then yes they can be used to book a single night at 7 months at any resort. It's only if you didn't transfer that you'd need to have points for entire nights in each contract and could not combine on a single night. If you booked from each contract you could ask MS to link the reservations for a continuing stay and it would be rare to no remain in the same room.

Sometimes MS will allow an owner to transfer more than once when it's within their own contracts but it is not something to be counted on. Once a use year is technically the rule.

I don't love to do linked continuing stays as there often ends up being issues with the MB's for access to the room but sometimes it goes without a hitch and it's a way to use from both UY contracts.

Thanks! This is really helpful :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!