Comcast offers $31B for Sky, challenging Fox

hertamaniac

DIS Veteran
Last edited:

So if this turns into an auction scenario, I can't help but think the costs absorbed by the "winner" will translate to higher costs to the consumer. So in a warped way, I'm hoping lowest bid wins.

Go Comcast! Competition is good for everyone.
In this case, I don't know if that's true if you aren't a shareholder in SKY.

Personally, I was excited at the possibilities with Disney absorbing 21st Century Fox. Now, if it happens, they will have to pay a lot more for it. That will put even more strain on the company's resources.

There seems to be a lot of anti-Disney/pro-Universal sentiment(not talking about anyone here) where whenever Comcast/Universal sticks it to Disney they cheer it on.

Now, Universal's feverish expansion of their parks is definitely a good thing for guests at both parks...but this? Uhhh...the negative fallout will rain on the consumers.

It's times like these that I miss lockedoutlogic. I would have loved to have heard his thoughts about this.

One more thing that I've noticed is that many people perceive Universal/Comcast as "David" to Disney's "Goliath" when in reality Comcast is as deep-poceted a giant as Disney.

It's times like these that I miss lockedoutlogic. I would have loved to have heard his thoughts about this.

One more thing that I've noticed is that many people perceive Universal/Comcast as "David" to Disney's "Goliath" when in reality Comcast is as deep-poceted a giant as Disney.

For those that are curious and want to follow lockedoutlogic's thoughts, I am fairly confident that he now actively posts on wdwmagic under the alias Sirwalterraleigh.

For those that are curious and want to follow lockedoutlogic's thoughts, I am fairly confident that he now actively posts on wdwmagic under the alias Sirwalterraleigh.
It’s him but let’s not further discuss that here please :)

In this case, I don't know if that's true if you aren't a shareholder in SKY.

Personally, I was excited at the possibilities with Disney absorbing 21st Century Fox. Now, if it happens, they will have to pay a lot more for it. That will put even more strain on the company's resources.
I understand the concern when it comes to Disney spending more money. However I don't think that Disney absorbing so much product relatively easily is good either. There needs to be a balance plus Disney has shown a tendency to become complacent. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Hoping that Disney doesn't get drawn into a bidding war. Or if it does, that it comes in second.

Hoping that Disney doesn't get drawn into a bidding war. Or if it does, that it comes in second.
It seems pretty split. Some want Comcast and some want Disney. I don’t see how it’s any better for Comcast to win this battle rather than Disney.

It seems pretty split. Some want Comcast and some want Disney. I don’t see how it’s any better for Comcast to win this battle rather than Disney.
I'm looking at it from a financial point of view. I don't want Disney to overpay. If it becomes a bidding war, then the "winner" has to wring more profit out of it to make it worthwhile for the shareholders.

Let’s not forget, this all depends on the AT&T and time Warner merger. If the merger is shot down, then Comcast will not bid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter