Come here to chat while waiting for the 2021 DVC Member Cruise! Will it happen??

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Member Services will begin taking reservations on August 8 for our previously announced 2021 Member Cruise from Port Canaveral, Florida to Castaway Cay and Cozumel aboard the Disney Fantasy from June 12 to June 17, 2021.

DH and I would like to be onboard. Cozumel has wonderful snorkel sites. I like the two days at sea, and Castaway Cay.

Who else is thinking they will go?

Bobbi

Last edited:
If things are entirely safe, while also being convenient and fun onboard, and the prices are drastically reduced for some reason, count me in! Those would be the three factors that give me pause in thinking of signing up on day 1, though. That does sound like a great itinerary.

Don’t think the prices will be reduced, but hey, I could be wrong, maybe.

Don’t think the prices will be reduced, but hey, I could be wrong, maybe.
Lower prices would be a nice incentive but agree that it's not likely. Thinking about booking this cruise since we don't have any cruises planned for 2021.

DVC usually a bit too rich for our blood but have extra points banked into next year, had thought about it but just can’t commit.

Sitting on a credit from RCCL that’s good into the end of next year, but truth be told, I’m just not feeling good about booking any cruise right now.

Game plan is to wait until we pass thru another ‘typical’ flu season to see how bad CV bounces back before making any concrete cruising plans for spring into early winter 2021.

I could be wrong but thinking demand for all cruising, including DCL/DVC is going to be down at least 50% going forward

For those looking to book, the times to call are finally Posted on the DVC website under Notifica

Member Services to Exclusively Support Member Cruise Bookings on August 8

Booking begins Saturday, August 8 for the 2021 Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! Member Services will be open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on August 8 exclusively to book reservations—as well as assist with any Resort arrivals within the next 5 days. Due to the popularity of the Member Cruise, you may experience longer-than-usual wait times.
The Member Online Booking tool will remain available for Members who wish to book or modify Resort reservations. Member Services will reopen with normal operations at 9:00 AM on Sunday, August 9 to support all Membership requests.

Depends upon price. I can't use points because I'm saving them for a 10 or 11 person November 2021 WDW trip.

The Blue card is not even enough. To book the MC one must have direct point or resale points bought before the very first round of restrictions (in 2011?).
We are direct members who first purchased in 2018; we were on the Oct 2019 MC to Bermuda.
Never mind, sorry I thought you meant you had to be a direct member or resale before 2011 but you meant resale before 2011.

Last edited:
Unfortunately can't book this one for 2021, our kids don't get out of school until the end of June so this one is about two weeks too early for us.

For those looking to book, the times to call are finally Posted on the DVC website under Notifica

Member Services to Exclusively Support Member Cruise Bookings on August 8

Booking begins Saturday, August 8 for the 2021 Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! Member Services will be open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on August 8 exclusively to book reservations—as well as assist with any Resort arrivals within the next 5 days. Due to the popularity of the Member Cruise, you may experience longer-than-usual wait times.
The Member Online Booking tool will remain available for Members who wish to book or modify Resort reservations. Member Services will reopen with normal operations at 9:00 AM on Sunday, August 9 to support all Membership requests.
Thanks for the info! Haven't decided about August 2021 yet.

We are direct members who first purchased in 2018; we were on the Oct 2019 MC to Bermuda.
Never mind, sorry I thought you meant you had to be a direct member or resale before 2011 but you meant resale before 2011.

How are the member cruises compared to the regular Disney cruises? Are they less crowded?

How are the member cruises compared to the regular Disney cruises? Are they less crowded?
Yes in the sense that there were way less kids. Every room was booked on the Oct 2019 cruise pretty much but a lot of staterooms had only two adults. We enjoyed it very much, it was our first member cruise. I'd definitely like to do another one down the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!