*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

@MommaOfTwoMice we’re leaving from MA tomorrow too and I’m going out of my mind. Yesterday was my last day at work and I was gloating all day. I’m lucky I woke with a bunch of Disney nuts so they get it. We’re driving down to the auto train so I’m packing up the car and getting all the last minute stuff today. I get so anxious and excited that I drive my family nuts. Just have to finish cleaning my house then to bed early for our 3:00am alarm It’s the only thing I’m not looking forward to.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time, safe travels!!!

Going to pick my kids up in a few minutes and then DH should be home in an hour and we will hit the road from Mass to the airport hotel in Connecticut. I have everything packed except the few things that will go in my son's backpack. He has that backpack with him at school so I'm waiting until he's home obviously. Also, charging their hand held Nintendos for them to use on the 2 hour ride to Hartford. I feel like I've been running around like crazy since 9am. I'm ready to go. Bring on the warmth! Saw Mon and Tues looked like high 60s/low 70s in FL.....I am wanting all 80s, all week. Lol.

Direct flights are so expensive on vacation weeks! It feels really unfair to families. Although about now I'm wishing I paid out the nose for a direct flight bc this 40 min connection has me so stressed bc gates are opposite ends of airport!! Yikes!
And really unfair for teachers! I’m a teacher so I’m limited on when I can travel. I have another trip booked for July and my plane tickets for 4 people are only about $300 more than what I’m paying for one person for this April trip, it’s insane!

Having a blast so far aside from it being a little hotter today than I figured and all crowds being way above a 4 like tp said - walked on FEA Thursday in 15 mins!!

Only real snag so far was experience during HEA
We were at Epcot yesterday and felt that was the worst crowds we have seen. TP has been a little off. Not as crowded as spring break usually is, but no way 4-6 crowds the past few days.

And really unfair for teachers! I’m a teacher so I’m limited on when I can travel. I have another trip booked for July and my plane tickets for 4 people are only about $300 more than what I’m paying for one person for this April trip, it’s insane!

Yup, DH is a teacher too!! I feel you!

Last night I got this mysterious pain in my foot. Still there this morning. Hopefully it’s just a temporary thing. I sure don’t want to have to tough it out for a long week at WDW.

Last night I got this mysterious pain in my foot. Still there this morning. Hopefully it’s just a temporary thing. I sure don’t want to have to tough it out for a long week at WDW.

Timing, right?!?! My DS11, prone to illnesses when he was younger, hasn't had an issue in AGES. He woke up this morning with a cough and having an asthma attack! Instead of leaving a clean house behind before heading to the airport at 9:00, we rushed out to hit pediatrician and pharmacy! Happy to say we made it to the airport with time to eat lunch.

Hope your foot pain is fleeting!

Safe travels to everyone else heading to WDW this weekend!

Last edited:
4 more days!! :flower1:

Weather forecast here today is high of 32 with snow and freezing rain, so.... :crazy2:

Our temp is 25 degrees with snow and freezing rain. Doesn’t feel like April!
Hoping for perfect weather in WDW next week

Timing, right?!?! My DS11, prone to illnesses when he was younger, hasn't had an issue in AGES. He woke up this morning with a cough and having an asthma attack! Instead of leaving a clean house behind before heading to the airport at 9:00, we rushed out to hit pediatrician and pharmacy! Happy to say we made it to the airport with time to eat lunch.

Hope everyone feels better!!

Hope everyone feels better asap!!

I heard it's 35 degrees at home. We were on the balcony here in FL just after sunrise and it is balmy and warm. So happy to be here finally!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!