*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

8-14 of April was a great time, crowds weren't bad even during the day but i just go to the next ride if it's to long of a wait. got toy story mania and flight of passage in from rope drop racing. Weather was nice and cool but a heated pool was needed to swim. i think i found my new favorite time to visit

both Pandora rides were shut down with no estimated time to start back up!!!

I'm so sorry! That's very frustrating. :(

My good friend has been down in WDW this week and she was texting me last night about the same thing you are talking about. They also weren't able to use their FP for FoP. I have no idea how factual this is, but she said that the word at AK was that someone died on one of the rides. It had to be something major to shut down both rides.

both Pandora rides were shut down
What are the chances?! Both rides were down the whole time? That really does stink. I can understand being upset. I hope there were some pleasant (instead of that very unpleasant!) surprises in the trip!

I'm so sorry! That's very frustrating. :(

My good friend has been down in WDW this week and she was texting me last night about the same thing you are talking about. They also weren't able to use their FP for FoP. I have no idea how factual this is, but she said that the word at AK was that someone died on one of the rides. It had to be something major to shut down both rides.

We heard the fire alarm went off and it was something with the circuit breaker and the circuit breaker for both rides are connected - hence why both went down. I really can't believe that happened to us. What are the chances on the one day we have there that both rides went down!? I'm still sad.

So we arrived in FL Saturday afternoon after the longest drive of my life. We made really good time and it would have been uneventful, except I got sick. I thought it was just a cold but it turns out I got the flu. I I went to the walk-in on Monday.
I made the decision to fly home on Tuesday. I am so depressed but I know it was for the best. I didn’t want to get anybody else sick especially my oldest DS who has finals in 2 weeks and of course my DH needed to be well to drive home on Sat. This has been the worst vacation of my life.
Sorry to hear about everyone not being able to use FoP FP. That just plain sucks!

So we arrived in FL Saturday afternoon after the longest drive of my life. We made really good time and it would have been uneventful, except I got sick. I thought it was just a cold but it turns out I got the flu. I I went to the walk-in on Monday.
I made the decision to fly home on Tuesday. I am so depressed but I know it was for the best. I didn’t want to get anybody else sick especially my oldest DS who has finals in 2 weeks and of course my DH needed to be well to drive home on Sat. This has been the worst vacation of my life.
Sorry to hear about everyone not being able to use FoP FP. That just plain sucks!

Oh no!! That's terrible. I hope you get better and are able to plan another trip down soon!

The Flu!? Oh my. I am so sorry. At least you have the whole house to yourself? Trying to find a silver lining here...and it is pretty thin! So glad you get to go back in a few months. Though, it does sound like you could use some warm, sunny days right now.:grouphug:

I am so disappointed. We were only in WDW for 2 days for this trip - a big reason for driving up from our beach vacation on the Gulf coast was to do Flight of passage and see Pandora. I had a fast pass today for 5:10pm for FOP that I got at 7am on my 60 day before date. We planned to do FOP as our last ride with the fast pass and then head back to the condo at the beach (2 hour ride away). We had done MK our 1st day. So, we get to Pandora at 4:55 to find that both Pandora rides were shut down with no estimated time to start back up!!! We waited til 7pm and then the kids were exhausted and getting grouchy and we had a long ride and we decided to leave. Cast members weren't sure it would even get running again tonight at all. So then Disney emailed me that I can use the fast pass tomorrow anytime - gee, thanks, but I'm not there tomorrow at all. I was so upset. I literally took that trip up to Orlando primarily to do that ride. It really stinks.

Both Pandora rides were down on Tuesday as well. We arrived at FoP for our FP and Pandora was a madhouse. Fortunately it opened shortly thereafter. Sorry it didn’t work out for you.

Oh no, that's terrible. That's worse than us not being able to use the FOP fast pass. Feel better!

On the plane home now....sooooo sad to leave. We saw a dolphin in the water from our balcony on the Gulf Coast this morning before we left. All in all we had a great time, just bummed we didn't get on FOP or Navi. Already booked the beach front condo for next April before we left, so I'm sure we will drive up and do a few days at Disney again.

On the plane home now....sooooo sad to leave. We saw a dolphin in the water from our balcony on the Gulf Coast this morning before we left. All in all we had a great time, just bummed we didn't get on FOP or Navi. Already booked the beach front condo for next April before we left, so I'm sure we will drive up and do a few days at Disney again.
Glad you had a fun trip! That’s awesome seeing a dolphin. You’re balcony must be super close to the water. I can’t say anything about FoP since I haven’t been on yet, but you didn’t miss anything on Navi. It’s just a boring boat ride. They definitely could’ve made it better than it is. I did it once and won’t bother doing it again.

We returned yesterday from am amazing week long trip. First night at AoA and the next 6 in a Poly studio. We loved the studio! It was my 18th or 19th trip to WDW but I did so many new things. The highlights from our trip were the FoF parade with VIP viewing - so much character interaction, date night using Kid’s Nite Out (Trader Sam’s & Epcot), FoP and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. It was my first trip as a Passholder and we will be returning in July!

We returned yesterday from am amazing week long trip. First night at AoA and the next 6 in a Poly studio. We loved the studio! It was my 18th or 19th trip to WDW but I did so many new things. The highlights from our trip were the FoF parade with VIP viewing - so much character interaction, date night using Kid’s Nite Out (Trader Sam’s & Epcot), FoP and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. It was my first trip as a Passholder and we will be returning in July!
We’ll be there too!!

What are your dates? 7/25-30 for me. Also, I'm so sorry to read about your April trip. What a bummer but at least you have July to look forward to!
We’ll be there the 13–29th. Thank god for another trip, but I was looking forward to April more bc my oldest DS won’t be with us in July.
But it is what it is as they say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter