Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

Day 5 - Back in Disneyland

Then it was time to head to Disneyland to finish our day! As we were waiting in line to get in, a woman came up to us and told us she was leaving and had 2 FPs for Space Mountain that she couldn't use and gave them to us! We were so shocked and happy and thanked her profusely!

We stopped for some more PP pics before heading into the park.

When we got in the park, the first thing I wanted to do was exchange something at the Emporium. A shirt that I had bought there actually had a hole in it so I wanted to exchange it for a new one. This ended up being more of a hassle than I thought it would be. The Emporium didn't end up having any more of the shirt in my size, so we had to wait while they called to see what other shops had it. They said a shop in California Adventure had it and they would put one aside for me and I could do the exchange there. Oye! The 4pm parade was about to start so I told Mom to just stay in this park and watch while I went BACK to the other park to do the exchange. Here are some of her pics. As you will see, she got to catch the Lion King section this time!

Meanwhile, Once I got to CA the exchange was super easy. Oswald was out meeting with NO line, so I took the opportunity to meet him again :) I didn't get any PP pics for some reason, but grabbed one on my Polaroid camera.

Up next...More Disneyland fun & dinner!

Great pics with Anna & Elsa! I like that they still meet together over there instead of separately like they did at Princess Fairytale Hall. We didn't check out the new M&G in Epcot this past weekend, so I'm not sure how they meet there actually?

BAYMAX!! DS would have loved to draw him!! When we were there last it was still the Frozen takeover, so they were only rotating Olaf and Marshmallow. I did enjoy on previous trips though that you could pick a particular character you wanted to draw and go to that class. It was fun in WDW too where it was a surprise, but could end up boring if you drew the same character a few different times.

How nice of that lady to give you her FP! That's one thing I definitely miss about the old FP system when at WDW. Both being on the receiving end of bonus FP and also being able to make someone smile by giving away the ones you couldn't use.

They said a shop in California Adventure had it and they would put one aside for me and I could do the exchange there.

What a mess!! It seems like they could have found some way to get the shirt to you instead of making you trek all over to pick up a new one. But I'm glad you were able to do the exchange and get a new shirt.

Great pics with Anna & Elsa! I like that they still meet together over there instead of separately like they did at Princess Fairytale Hall. We didn't check out the new M&G in Epcot this past weekend, so I'm not sure how they meet there actually?

BAYMAX!! DS would have loved to draw him!! When we were there last it was still the Frozen takeover, so they were only rotating Olaf and Marshmallow. I did enjoy on previous trips though that you could pick a particular character you wanted to draw and go to that class. It was fun in WDW too where it was a surprise, but could end up boring if you drew the same character a few different times.

How nice of that lady to give you her FP! That's one thing I definitely miss about the old FP system when at WDW. Both being on the receiving end of bonus FP and also being able to make someone smile by giving away the ones you couldn't use.

What a mess!! It seems like they could have found some way to get the shirt to you instead of making you trek all over to pick up a new one. But I'm glad you were able to do the exchange and get a new shirt.

I was so glad to meet Anna & Elsa together! I don't believe they meet together at their new greet in Epcot, which I think is silly!

It was SO cool to draw Baymax, and fairly easy! I loved that they had the posted schedule. It was fun at WDW when it was a surprise, but I feel like I did end up drawing repeat character sometimes which was annoying.

Getting that Space FP was such pixie dust! Definitely miss that about the paper system too!

I really didn't expect the exchange to be so complicated. The whole reason I wanted to do it at the Emporium was because that's where I bought it in the first place! But I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

Baymax seems likes the perfect character to draw for an animation class, pretty simple and he appeals to girls and boys!
I am sorry you had to run back to CA to exchange your shirt but glad you found one in your size and your mom got to watch the parade. I love the Lion King float and how many princesses they have on the princess float!

Baymax seems likes the perfect character to draw for an animation class, pretty simple and he appeals to girls and boys!
I am sorry you had to run back to CA to exchange your shirt but glad you found one in your size and your mom got to watch the parade. I love the Lion King float and how many princesses they have on the princess float!

He was a great character to draw, and you're right- pretty simple! I'm glad the whole t-shirt thing worked out, and if anything at least it made us realize there was a float in the parade we missed the first time around!

Following along! :wave2:

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

I feel awful for falling so far behind but I'm finally caught up. Love your Photopass pictures!... all of your pictures really! :D I'm still very sad I didn't get to see all of Soundsational. Maybe next time - which may be sooner than I think!

I feel awful for falling so far behind but I'm finally caught up. Love your Photopass pictures!... all of your pictures really! :D I'm still very sad I didn't get to see all of Soundsational. Maybe next time - which may be sooner than I think!

Do not feel awful at all!! Thank you! Sooner than you think..I hope that means a DL trip is in the works!! :banana:

Day 5 - From Tomorrowland to New Orleans Square!

As I got back to Disneyland, the parade was just finishing up at the front of the park. From there we went to Tomorrowland to use the gifted Space Mountain FPs!

I was so happy that we got to ride this a second time! If it wasn't for that woman, I don't think we would have been able to get another chance to ride.

After that, we headed back to the castle to admire it a little more and of course get some more pictures!

And we saw some Disney ducks!

No time for more rides right now though, we had an ADR to get to! We slowly walked to the other side of the park.

I went and pulled FPs for Haunted Mansion. The time we got wasn't ideal, so I wasn't sure if we were even going to be able to use them but we would see!

Then it was time to check-in for a much anticipated dinner at the Blue Bayou! We did the Fantasmic package and didn't have to wait long before being brought to our table.

The ambiance in here is really cool. I am sure if Pirates wasn't down for refurb, it would have been even cooler.

We both got the Blue Bayou Salad as our starter.I thought the salad was delicious. The dressing they used was really tasty.

For our meals, we both got the Surf & Turf and agreed it was out of this world. The steak was so tender and tasty and the lobster delicious!

For dessert I got the Galette and Mom got the creme brulee. We were pretty stuffed so not much of it was had!

This was such an enjoyable meal, especially to have on our last night in the parks. We settled the bill, were handed our Fantasmic FPs, and headed out!

We weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves next, but then we saw Jungle Cruise only had a 15 minute wait so decided to do that! The line for this ride is pretty wacky, having to go up some stairs only to go back down them. But the line moved quick and soon enough we were on a bote! It was fun getting to ride this at night and we had a good time! And for some reason no pics whatsoever haha

Then we kind of did a whole lot of nothing! I wanted to wait and get a FP for Indiana Jones that was timed for right when we got out of Fantasmic. We sat around waiting for the time to change (which happened veryyyyy slowly) until I was ready to grab them. In reality, we probably could have just ridden it standby in the same amount of time but I guess my brain wasn't functioning properly by this point in the trip.

We then had the matter of our Haunted Mansion FPs. They were valid right that instant but it was going to be cutting it too close to our Fantasmic time. We wanted to get to the viewing spot and with the money we spent on the meal, we didn't want to risk anything. So unfortunately we weren't going to get a final ride on this one :( So I decided the next best thing would be to pay it forward and give them away! I waited at the standby entrance looking for 2 people who would be heading on. I asked someone initially but I think they had more than 2 people. Then I saw a couple about to head in line- perfect! I asked if it was just the 2 of them and if they were riding standby, which they said yes. I told them the FPs were good for right now I just couldn't use them and if they wanted them and their eyes just lit up! They were so happy and even as I walked away I could hear them say "this is perfect!". I was really glad that I could make someone else happy the way that woman made Mom & I so happy earlier!

I did make mom get some photos of me in front of the Mansion wearing my NBC shirt though!

Up next...Fantasmic!

Day 5 - Fantasmic!

We then headed into the Fantasmic viewing area. It was already pretty crowded (even though it was only 8:30 and that's the time they say to get there) but we were able to get a nice spot a few rows back. I do think the meal package is worth it for this. You get a really good viewing spot AND you get to sit. We were really happy with it.

Now onto the show!

We both really loved it! I'm a fan of Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios and I feel like this version is WAY better! I love the Peter Pan scene and just how close you feel to it all. When the boat at the end comes by, I felt like I could see everyone perfectly! So while the lack of stadium seating may not be ideal, I do like the intimate feel this one offers.

Up next..Disneyland Forever one last time

So jealous of your Fantasmic viewing! It was closed when we went in February/March so we didn't get to see it. I've heard it was better than DHS. Thanks for sharing the pics! :D

Day 5 - Disneyland Forever

We stayed in our Fantasmic spots and watched Disneyland Forever from here as well!

It was nice seeing it over here. The projections on the water were really clear and it was cool getting a different vantage point of the fireworks.

After that we hustled over to use our Indiana Jones FP! This would be our last ride of the trip :(

This ended up being a pretty wacky experience. We got into our truck and I somehow ended up putting my seatbelt on wrong. I honestly don't remember what ended up happening to fix this. I think they had to reset the car and everyone had to re-do their seatbelts. For some reason mine still wasn't working, so I had to move over to the vacant seat next to me. I just remember it being kind of chaotic for something that probably isn't that rare. It's not like I could have been the first person to ever put their seatbelt on wrong, right?

Anyway, we finally ended up on our way! I spent the whole time terrified because I was on the end and I kept thinking my stuff was going to go flying out of the car! (I really didn't like that there were no doors on those cars :scared:)

But THEN once we disembarked, we saw a whole medical crew tending to a man! We couldn't figure out the details, but it appears he was on the ride and ended up hitting his head and was bleeding. When we got outside, we noticed the ride was then down- I'm assuming for whatever issue caused the man his injury. It was kind of scary and a little unsettling to spend our last ride like that!

Up next...Saying Goodbye :(

Have loved reading your trip report. It looks like you had an amazing time and your photos are awesome!

Oh my goodness!! What a way to end your last full day in the parks! I hope that man was okay. Getting injured in general sucks, but getting injured on vacation is not fun. :(

Not looking forward to your next post! That means it's over. You seemed to have a super amazing trip though and I thank you again for posting it because it helped me plan my trip for this past February/March! I hope you do another TR for your upcoming trip!

Your Blue Bayou meal looks & sounds like it was really delicious! I bet it would be nice to eat there with the boats going past from Pirates too, but seems like it was still worth booking the meal.

How great that you were able to pay it forward with the paper FPs! I really miss that aspect of the old FP system at WDW. It was so nice to be on both the giving and the receiving end of FPs that couldn't be used.

Great pics of Fantasmic & Disneyland Forever! I so wish we would have been able to visit during all the 60th stuff.

What a scary way to end your last ride in DL! Hope that guy was ok.

Have loved reading your trip report. It looks like you had an amazing time and your photos are awesome!

Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you've enjoyed it :) It was an amazing trip!

Oh my goodness!! What a way to end your last full day in the parks! I hope that man was okay. Getting injured in general sucks, but getting injured on vacation is not fun. :(

Not looking forward to your next post! That means it's over. You seemed to have a super amazing trip though and I thank you again for posting it because it helped me plan my trip for this past February/March! I hope you do another TR for your upcoming trip!

It was scary to witness!

I am sad this trip report is coming to an end! I can't believe it's about to be a year since we went! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it :) I will definitely be doing a TR for my November trip!

Your Blue Bayou meal looks & sounds like it was really delicious! I bet it would be nice to eat there with the boats going past from Pirates too, but seems like it was still worth booking the meal.

How great that you were able to pay it forward with the paper FPs! I really miss that aspect of the old FP system at WDW. It was so nice to be on both the giving and the receiving end of FPs that couldn't be used.

Great pics of Fantasmic & Disneyland Forever! I so wish we would have been able to visit during all the 60th stuff.

What a scary way to end your last ride in DL! Hope that guy was ok.

It was a great meal and I'm so glad we did it, even with Pirates being closed!

I definitely miss the paper system sometimes! It was really nice to be on the giving and receiving end of extra FPs!

Thank you! I'm so glad we were fortunate enough to go during this special time.

It was quite a weird way to end the night, pretty scary!

Day 5 - Goodbye Disneyland!

We trudged along to Main Street, admiring the castle and soaking in our last moments in the park.

We took one last set of PP pictures in front of the station! Goodbye Disneyland!

And then made the walk back to our hotel with lots of tears in our eyes :( We were definitely sad to be leaving after such an amazing time!

We got back to our hotel and got our stuff situated for the next day. We did spend a few minutes munching on a goodbye snack we bought before we left...a caramel apple!

Unfortunately they don't cut these up for you like they do at WDW, so we had to make do with a plastic knife which wasn't all that easy! But we still enjoyed our tasty treat :)

There is not much to say about the next day! Our Karmel shuttle picked us up right on time and we made it to the airport and through security with no issues.

Our flight was smooth and I know I spent a lot of it sleeping! We landed home and my darling dad was waiting at the gate for his 2 ladies to finally be back :)

Here are some of the polaroid pictures I took during the trip.

And a little frame we purchased to put some in.

I'm a terrible reporter and did not photograph our souveniers, but trust me there were plenty! I do, of course, have a photo of all the pins I acquired whether by buying or trading!

And that's the conclusion of our trip to Disneyland! Going to do one more post to wrap this up! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts