Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

Great trip report!! I really enjoyed everything and loved so many of your pictures. Thank you for sharing with us. Great selection of pins too! I love collecting pins. Such a great way to commemorate the trip.

I'll be looking and waiting for your next report!

Great trip report!! I really enjoyed everything and loved so many of your pictures. Thank you for sharing with us. Great selection of pins too! I love collecting pins. Such a great way to commemorate the trip.

I'll be looking and waiting for your next report!

Thank you so much for following along! I loved reading all your comments :)

Only 60 more days until my trip, I'm so excited!

Here is just a little recap with some of the highlights of our trip!

We made 3 ADRs and all 3 really impressed us!
-The Plaza Inn Breakfast was amazing both for its food and its characters. We both agreed that this had basically ruined all future character meals for us!
-Wine Country Trattoria was the one I was most nervous about due to mixed reviews but we both loved it, especiall mom. The food and service was great! And for us, doing the World of Color package was well worth it as it provided us with an amazing viewing. This was really important for us since it would be our only time seeing the show!
-Blue Bayou was incredible! Great food and ambience. I only wish we were able to be there with Pirates running! Doing the Fantasmic package was also worth it for us. I really loved being able to sit for the show.

We saw 4 Nighttime shows and all 4 were amazing!
-World of Color: Amazing and so much more than I was expecting! This really brought the feels!
-Paint the Night: Stunning! The technology in this is incredible and really blows MSEP out of the water.
-Disneyland Forever: I loved the fact that this was more than a fireworks show. The projections and music are what really bring this show to life. I'm glad we saw it from multiple viewpoints, but have to say that Main Street is the place to really see it.
-Fantasmic: Way better than WDW's! Loved the Peter Pan section!

Disneyland
This park just has a different feeling than Magic Kingdom, and I'm not sure I can even explain why! Everything just feels more like home, which I guess makes sense since this is Walt's park! The castle may be tiny, but I think the 60th decor really brought it to life! I also feel like there's just so much to do! Everything is compacted in, so there are a ton of rides! As I mentioned several times, the one thing that I disliked was the lack of organization in character greets. Specifically, CMs being very vague in telling you where a character would be. But when it worked in your favor, the unexpected meets were pretty cool.
Favorite Rides: Alice in Wonderland, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion Holiday Overlay, It's a Small World
Other Favorites: Mickey & The Magical Map, Meeting Mickey & Minnie together, The characterpalooza we hit

California Adventure
I didn't expect us to fall in love with this park the way we did! We both found that there were a lot of things to do here that we enjoyed. We also enjoyed how laid back it felt. The areas of the park were spread out, so things never felt as crowded as they did in DL. Also, the themeing of each section of the park was incredible! We absolutely loved Cars Land and I think some of our favorite memories came from spending time in that part of the park (followed by our time spent in Paradise Pier)!
Favorite Rides: Radiator Springs Racers, Monsters Inc
Other Favorites: Aladdin Show, Animation Academy

I don't think we left here with any regrets! We did everything we wanted to and I'm glad we had 4.5 days to enjoy the parks. I certainly would've loved another day to re-ride some favorites and maybe do a few more things, but I think that happens on every trip!

Thank you all so much for reading along and for your comments, I really appreciate it! I have an upcoming trip to Disney World in just 60 days! I hope you will all find me and follow along when I do that TR!

This was such a fun TR! I am just starting to think about our trip we are taking to Disneyland next September, so it was extra fun looking at your pictures and thinking about being there a year from now :)

Can I ask you a couple of questions:
1) What part of September did you go? We are scheduled to go after the Labor Day holiday, so I can run the Disneyland half before my family joins me. I'm a bit nervous about the crowds and heat though. Also, I would love it if they had the holiday overlays by then, but that may be too early in the month.
2) Would you recommend your hotel? I feel totally clueless about hotels near Disneyland!

Thank you for sharing your trip. That really is special you got to share it with your Mom too!

Loved following along throughout your TR!

Hooray for having such a close WDW trip!!

This was such a fun TR! I am just starting to think about our trip we are taking to Disneyland next September, so it was extra fun looking at your pictures and thinking about being there a year from now :)

Can I ask you a couple of questions:
1) What part of September did you go? We are scheduled to go after the Labor Day holiday, so I can run the Disneyland half before my family joins me. I'm a bit nervous about the crowds and heat though. Also, I would love it if they had the holiday overlays by then, but that may be too early in the month.
2) Would you recommend your hotel? I feel totally clueless about hotels near Disneyland!

Thank you for sharing your trip. That really is special you got to share it with your Mom too!

Thank you so much for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it! You are going to have an amazing time at Disneyland :)

We were there September 16-21. It was pretty hot, though I'm not sure if that's usual for that time of year or not. This year the holiday overlays opened up on September 9th, so I think it will depend on how far after Labor Day you are staying.

I definitely liked the hotel. The location was perfect, directly across the street from the park entrance. We really only used the room to shower/sleep, so were not there very much! It was great though if we needed to run back for something in the middle of the day- very convenient. I did a lot of research on Trip Advisor before choosing! There are a lot of good neighbor hotels that are in close proximity to the park!

If you have any other questions I'm happy to help!

Loved following along throughout your TR!

Hooray for having such a close WDW trip!!

Thank you for following along and commenting!!

Thanks so much for this TR, Alexis! I might have to go back and read it all over again soon, because we just booked our Disneyland trip for May 2017!! I can't wait to be back in these 2 parks. I just love them so much!!

Looking forward to reading about your next trip. :)

Thanks so much for this TR, Alexis! I might have to go back and read it all over again soon, because we just booked our Disneyland trip for May 2017!! I can't wait to be back in these 2 parks. I just love them so much!!

Looking forward to reading about your next trip. :)

Thank you for reading along and commenting, I loved having you!! YAY so exciting that you will be going back next year! I certainly look forward to that TR so I can live vicariously through you! :)

So I just noticed the link to this TR in your signature and since I'm heading to Disneyland myself next year thought I might check it out.
I enjoyed it very much. Wow, what a trip! Great that you were able to be there during the 60th celebrations. Sounds like you had a whole lot of magical experiences. And so many character meets too. Lucky you! I also enjoyed all your lovely photos.
Thank you for sharing!

So I just noticed the link to this TR in your signature and since I'm heading to Disneyland myself next year thought I might check it out.
I enjoyed it very much. Wow, what a trip! Great that you were able to be there during the 60th celebrations. Sounds like you had a whole lot of magical experiences. And so many character meets too. Lucky you! I also enjoyed all your lovely photos.
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for reading! It was quite an amazing trip, especially being there for the 60th. I think you will really enjoy it when you go :)

I just found this trip report, so amazing!
May I ask a question on the PP i see some are with no boarders, do you add the boarders yourself? or do they just show up on your PP package? enjoy your trip to WDW!

I just found this trip report, so amazing!
May I ask a question on the PP i see some are with no boarders, do you add the boarders yourself? or do they just show up on your PP package? enjoy your trip to WDW!

Thanks so much for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Some borders were there automatically but others you can add yourself :)

I found your report today and just finished it! Thank you for sharing your trip with your mom. . . I almost skipped over it after seeing the first post because this week was the 8 year anniversary of my mom passing and it just made me sad for a bit. However, I totally enjoyed seeing all the pictures of you with your mom and how much you guys obviously love each other. Your mom has such a beautiful smile and I loved how happy she was to be with you and you with her.

You guys both took some amazing pictures! I thought a lot of them were as good as the Disney stock photos you get with the photo pass cd. Thanks for sharing those!

One of the things that I really enjoyed about the trip report were the pictures of the fast passes because it showed off your blue fingernails. I loved that they matched the blue of the 60th anniversary and thought it was such a cute touch!

I also really enjoyed how layed back you guys started out and really just seemed to soak up the atmosphere the entire trip. All your character meet and greets and time for pictures makes me want to slow down the next time I go and just find the small things that can create good memories. Thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences.

I found your report today and just finished it! Thank you for sharing your trip with your mom. . . I almost skipped over it after seeing the first post because this week was the 8 year anniversary of my mom passing and it just made me sad for a bit. However, I totally enjoyed seeing all the pictures of you with your mom and how much you guys obviously love each other. Your mom has such a beautiful smile and I loved how happy she was to be with you and you with her.

You guys both took some amazing pictures! I thought a lot of them were as good as the Disney stock photos you get with the photo pass cd. Thanks for sharing those!

One of the things that I really enjoyed about the trip report were the pictures of the fast passes because it showed off your blue fingernails. I loved that they matched the blue of the 60th anniversary and thought it was such a cute touch!

I also really enjoyed how layed back you guys started out and really just seemed to soak up the atmosphere the entire trip. All your character meet and greets and time for pictures makes me want to slow down the next time I go and just find the small things that can create good memories. Thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences.

Hi! First let me say that all your comments really touched me. I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. Thank you for choosing to continue to read along, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Mom & I continue to reminisce about this trip and are so glad we decided to do it when we did. It was a nice balance of seeing everything but also stopping and soaking everything in. We don't know when we will back to California, so we wanted to enjoy everything we could!

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures! My mom is an avid picture taker and I am definitely taking after her. And thanks for noticing my nails! I definitely wanted to commemorate the 60th in some way, and thought it was a simple way to do so!

I appreciate you taking the time to read! :hug:

Hi! First let me say that all your comments really touched me. I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. Thank you for choosing to continue to read along, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Mom & I continue to reminisce about this trip and are so glad we decided to do it when we did. It was a nice balance of seeing everything but also stopping and soaking everything in. We don't know when we will back to California, so we wanted to enjoy everything we could!

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures! My mom is an avid picture taker and I am definitely taking after her. And thanks for noticing my nails! I definitely wanted to commemorate the 60th in some way, and thought it was a simple way to do so!

I appreciate you taking the time to read! :hug:
It was a pleasure reading along! It really just makes me want to relax more on my next trip which looks like it might be in January with just my hubby. Woot woot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter