Come on Estoppel!!!!

Fingers crossed the title company has the docs now! The title company I used was super responsive and kept me up to date on everything... although they didn't tell me when they received the docs, they did it together with the email notifying me of closing (basically saying they received both sets of docs and that the transaction was closed). From me asking them, they basically got the docs and closed the next day. So hopefully your title company will email you tomorrow with good news!
That would be great. I'm sure all the people on this board are tired of my purchase drama at this point too. One way or another we are getting close to the finish line I suppose.

Home: SSR
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 12/5
Offer accepted: 12/18
Sent to ROFR: 12/19
Passed ROFR: 1/5
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

As an example, I’m seriously considering asking for a shorter closing window when I make my next resale purchase.
That would be great. If that is an option I would do that for sure. I can't understand why someone would need 45 days to send back closing docs, unless of course if it was an international seller.

Not tired at all. I totally understand, and when it gets that frustrating it helps to vent. Hoping it all goes well!
Latest update.....since the seller supposedly sent the docs on Monday I reached out to the title company to see if they got anything today. I figured since they supplied us both with an overnight fedex shipping label that it should have arrived by now. The title company says that not only have they not received the docs they tried tracking the package using the tracking number on the label they provided and there is no indication that the label has been used as of yet. I think it is one big lie at this point and I am going to have to get my money back after January 30 and start looking for a new contract. What a poor experience. I can tell you I am going to be wary of working with the broker again.....one would think they would vet the sellers a little better to determine if they actually have any interest in selling their contract. How very sad.

Latest update.....since the seller supposedly sent the docs on Monday I reached out to the title company to see if they got anything today. I figured since they supplied us both with an overnight fedex shipping label that it should have arrived by now. The title company says that not only have they not received the docs they tried tracking the package using the tracking number on the label they provided and there is no indication that the label has been used as of yet. I think it is one big lie at this point and I am going to have to get my money back after January 30 and start looking for a new contract. What a poor experience. I can tell you I am going to be wary of working with the broker again.....one would think they would vet the sellers a little better to determine if they actually have any interest in selling their contract. How very sad.

I had the same feeling when it was happening to me. I felt like it wasn’t important to make the sale. My broker was Fidelity. I wondered if they actually told the seller all of the fees that would be owed at closing. Once the papers were drawn up and the tax for international sellers was listed, they changed their mind I guess. It would have saved a lot of time and trouble if the sellers were informed. When the seller finally was in default, no one notified me. I just found a FedEx envelope laying on my porch with a check for the total purchase price. It was over just like that.

OH god hope things get squared away soon, or you can get your deposit back at the end of the month and start over in a smoother contract! So sorry!

The thing I don’t understand is what he has to gain by lying about this. The broker bothers him less? ...

Ughh... I’m so sorry to hear that. You still have time though so don’t give up on it yet.

Ugh. I am so sorry. That is awful.

I had the same feeling when it was happening to me. I felt like it wasn’t important to make the sale. My broker was Fidelity. I wondered if they actually told the seller all of the fees that would be owed at closing. Once the papers were drawn up and the tax for international sellers was listed, they changed their mind I guess. It would have saved a lot of time and trouble if the sellers were informed. When the seller finally was in default, no one notified me. I just found a FedEx envelope laying on my porch with a check for the total purchase price. It was over just like that.
What an awful experience....the broker didn't even have the decency to inform you they were sending back the deposit. Perhaps because there are so many willing buyers the brokers have decided that customer service does not matter. That is unfortunate as I would be hesitant to deal with any broker/title company that I had a poor experience with previously.

I would not have handled that calmly..... Think Kylo Ren!!!

I just received an email from my title company that they received the sellers closing docs this morning. Could it be that I was just dealing with the most non-motivated seller all along? Here is hoping for a fast close and points in my account! Thanks for hanging in there with me everybody! The support carried me through the tormenting wait!!

I just received an email from my title company that they received the sellers closing docs this morning. Could it be that I was just dealing with the most non-motivated seller all along? Here is hoping for a fast close and points in my account! Thanks for hanging in there with me everybody! The support carried me through the tormenting wait!!

That is awesome!! Congratulations!

Thank goodness! I am so happy for you!

Just checked my account on the title company’s website. Looks like it is getting closer to closing time! Deed prepared just waiting on the Title paperwork! Hope to get the closing paperwork emailed to me soon!

Deed Prepared/Received 1/11/2018
Title Commit Ordered 1/9/2018
Deed/Transfer Docs Ordered 1/9/2018
ROFR Waiver Received 1/8/2018
ROFR Waiver Requested 12/26/2017
Estoppel Rcvd n Verified 1/9/2018
Estoppel Ordered 12/26/2017
Original Deed Rcvd n Verified 12/26/2017
Deposit Received 12/27/2017
Sellers Contract Received 12/26/2017
Buyers Contract Received 12/26/2017

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter